Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Coolbeginnings #3012412 02/28/20 04:11 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Thank you, cool. You don't know how much your words mean to me.

I saw a husband and wife at the store today. The man acted impatient with his wife and practically yelled in frustration. It reminded me of my husband and I couldn't help it - I started sobbing.

I saw another couple. Matching white hair and perfect teeth (dentures), smiling and giggling with each other. The husband pulled his wife close to his mouth to say something under his breath in her ear. They broke out in hearty belly laughs. That's all I ever wanted.

I can't believe he did this to me and to his kids. I can't believe he lied about it and tricked me into trying again. I can't believe he blamed me for having sex with her. I can't believe I forfeit a $2,500 scholarship (which I desperately need) to be considerate of his feelings. I can't believe any of this.

I had some suicidal thoughts today. I'm not suicidal. But I want out.

Last edited by AHersheyKiss; 02/28/20 04:12 PM.
AHersheyKiss #3012414 02/28/20 04:20 PM
C
C
Hi Hershey

Good to hear from you. I relate to everything you say above.

The part about noticing other couples and how you wanted the happiness that you see in others. Doesn’t really feel like your asking for much:(

I hate the fact that BF did this to the kids too, what are they thinking in their right mind? Have they ever been in their right mind?

I have had suicidal thoughts too, only to escape the pain though. However, we know our children love and need us too much and at some point we have a great life just waiting for us out there to grab, so why in heck let one man ruin this hey?!

Lady you have got this. More hugs your way.

The weather is so awful here it has just rained and rained. Hope you are having better weather across the pond?

CoolB

Coolbeginnings #3012416 02/28/20 04:26 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Your response made me cry. I really wasn't asking for much.

The weather is stupid here, too. It sucks.

Hugs back. I know you're confused about what to with your BF. I'll write you on your thread.

AHersheyKiss #3012418 02/28/20 04:40 PM
C
C
Have a good cry it’s a good stress release! I cried all last night and this morning, feel better tonight.

Not so much confused about BF just incredibly hurt and destroyed about it all. Hey I am just gonna stick to my plan B letter.

I hope you get some good rest tonight as I know you had a bad night. Make time for a hot bath and nice clean PJs always helps me have a good nights sleep.

Hopefully one of the experts will be along to chat to you soon.

Take care...

AHersheyKiss #3012421 02/28/20 07:42 PM
B
B
Originally Posted by AHersheyKiss
they were in a relationship when he transferred to VA.
Are you saying your WH was in a relationship with the woman he had an affair with? Was this before you were together?

Is she married or have a boyfriend now?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

BrainHurts #3012425 02/28/20 08:19 PM
A
OP Offline
A
He called her a "jumper". He said it "wasn't meant to last". He seems to do that though. It looks to me like he has sex with people and when they don't want a relationship with him, he says they were just a fling.

It apparently happened sometime after we separated in January 2017 - 2 short years after we were married in November 2014. He was gone during most of our marriage so I speculate he wasn't faithful then, either. I moved to Kentucky in Oct. 2017. He left for VA in Oct. 2018. That's all the information I have.

I have zero faith that he cut her off completely after his move to Kentucky in October 2019.

Last edited by AHersheyKiss; 02/28/20 08:27 PM.
AHersheyKiss #3012426 02/28/20 08:46 PM
B
B
I’m so sorry for your pain.

Do you plan to expose the affair? Do you have the OW’s name?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

BrainHurts #3012428 02/28/20 08:51 PM
A
OP Offline
A
I exposed to his family and my family knows. I do not know her name.

Thank you so much for your replies. It helps so much to know y'all are listening.

AHersheyKiss #3012429 02/28/20 09:06 PM
A
OP Offline
A

My dad is trying to help and I'm so glad I have his listening ear, but I don't like his advice to start dating right away.

I do want to. I feel like I deserve it and it would keep my mind in a positive state. I've been faithful for so long despite so much adversity and we were separated for 3 years now. I have turned over every rock looking for solutions to our problems and I now know that I am not the problem. I couldn't be sure until now.

But the problem with my dad's advice is that he thinks I should date *now*, now. Before the divorce is final. His reasoning is that if I explain my story to a man, they will understand that my marriage is definitely over. This is where I don't know if I agree with his advice. That is exactly what my husband told this young lady! He told her we were separated and that he was free to move on. He sold it. She bought it.

I feel like any man who would accept my story and date me before the divorce is finalized is a man I shouldn't trust. I'm not going to tolerate a man who is "separated, but done".

In my dad's defense, I *was* telling him I wanted to die. So surely he just wants me to do anything that would lead me away from suicide. And again, I'm not really suicidal. I'm just so done with my life.

AHersheyKiss #3012434 02/29/20 05:41 PM
C
C
Hey Hershey

How you feeling today? Did you have a better nights sleep?

AHersheyKiss #3012445 03/01/20 12:33 PM
L
L
Originally Posted by AHersheyKiss
My dad is trying to help and I'm so glad I have his listening ear, but I don't like his advice to start dating right away.

Your instincts are absolutely right. You have drawn a line under your marriage but that does not mean you have recovered from the trauma. That will take you a long time. Indeed Dr Harley advises mothers of young children to stay single until the children are adults. Blended families are very fragile and have a high failure rate. The last thing your children need is a revolving door of step fathers.

Moreover another mistake would be an unimaginable nightmare for you.

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (SadNewYorker, 1 invisible), 1,091 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation