Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#337333 09/08/00 05:48 PM
C
carol14 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
all the post about anniversarys, I can relate. And you all our in my prayers. We are living in the same house, we have an arrangement because of our children.......it is so so so hard. Niether of us has aknowledged it yet. It seems more appropriate to send a sympathy card to him.<BR>that would be lovebusting, wouldn't it?<BR>ha, ha, of course I would never really do it......

R
R
I sympathize but know you can survive. I survived mine Thursday. <P>I just visited my MIL this afternoon, she likes to watch football. I saw my wedding photo on the organ in her livingroom. It was nice to see it there, knowing everyone will see it. <BR>If yours is not on display, now could be a good time. Help him remember that day fifteen years ago.<BR>rrunrr<BR>

B
B
Hello carol14,<P>Sympathy card! That's great! Wish I'd thought of it!<P>Seriously, I DID think of ordering 13 dead (that's right, dead) roses to be delivered to his office, but I'm fighting to restore our love, no LB's. So I ordered 12 red and one differently colored long stemmed rose delivered. <P>Hang on. I understand. We are also living an arrangement, not a marriage. I keep doing little things that I hope will make a difference, even though they seem to have no effect. You get so tired.<P>I iron his shirt pleats just so, button down the shirt collar, thinking this will make it nice for him. I take care with things that he likes. Make an effort to look pretty when he comes home. Look for opportunities to spend pleasant enjoyable time together, though we're not at the 2 hours a day quota, I seize any time to make things nice for just the two of us.<P>And it's still just an arrangement.<P>Courage. You'll get through this anniversary.<BR>ha, ha, of course I would never really do it......[/B][/QUOTE]<P><P>------------------<BR>Belle, Domestic Goddess

K
K
Carol,<P>I will be praying for you this week. I know how hard it is since we just had our anniversary yesterday. <P>I know you posted early yesterday on my thread on EN, "Our anniversary is today". Rather than repeat the whole thing, make a trip back there and see how it went. I have to say that I came out of it better than I thought I would.<P>Since your H is still in the house, if you can't convince him to go on an anniversary date, make him his favorite dinner and favorite dessert. Be kind, give him a nice, not-too-mushy card (not a sympathy card [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]!), and just enjoy the day for you. If he responds positively - awesome! If he doesn't, consider it a day well spent for YOU! Be strong and happy.<P>Love and Prayers,<BR>KristyAnn

C
carol14 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hey, thanks guys, and I know I will survive<BR>sometimes knowing that is the hardest part.<BR>Some positive I went to a Christian time out seminar for women that was really powerful, I feel stronger and closer to God. Kathi Trocoli, a great singer was there and many other dynamic singers and speakers. And I also felt closer to a group of women friends in my church. So I know I will not only survive, I will be ok. But I am impatient and I want my husband back now!!!!!!!!! KristiAnn I'm sorry your anniversary, wasn't exactly what you would have liked, sounds like you handled it well and added to the love bank. I am finding that this stuff takes a long long time. keep on, keepin on.....................thanks to bellevue and runrr for the sweet answers too.<BR>I am so glad to have found this site.....I don't feel so alone. love carol

K
K
Dear Carol,<P>I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you today since it's <B>the</B> day. Let us know how things are going for you. I'll say a prayer for you.<P>Love and Prayers,<BR>KristyAnn

C
carol14 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
[QUOTE]Originally posted by KristyAnn:<BR><B>Dear Carol,<P>I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you today since it's [b]the</B> day. Let us know how things are going for you. I'll say a prayer for you.<P>\thanks, it went ok, I cooked a real nice dinner, and we had a nice time. He was very pleasant. Last night him and I went out to dinner, and it was nice, until I drank too much wine and got sick. see the post in the prayer study post. But nothing has changed, I am still in plan A and he is very nice,but not loving. I hope and pray things get better for you and bangarra. this is so hard isn't it?

K
K
Carol,<P>I'm so glad to hear from you. I have been thinking about you. I will go and check out your other post. Keep up the Plan A, and yes this <B>is</B> the pits. But you know what, we'll keep doing it because we love those men!<P><P>------------------<BR>Love and Prayers,<BR>KristyAnn

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation