Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#337889 02/12/01 08:08 PM
R
OP Offline
R
After learning more about the extent my husband has gone to winning over the OW, and now that I have moved out, I feel worse than ever before. I wanted so badly for my marriage to work out. I guess it isn't God's will. Please pray for me, I need hope for my future and my STBX's future too. When do you stop praying for reconciliation? Please pray for me.

#337890 02/14/01 01:38 AM
R
OP Offline
R
please pray for me.<BR>

#337891 02/13/01 11:27 PM
L
L
Hi Rejected, i am praying for you. There will be times along the way when ya give up hope and its those times when you just have to rely on Gods strenth and not your own.(easier said than done i know) Its been almost 3 years and my wifes been with many since. One serious relationship to a junkie ex con. We are slowly getting back together and she is in a halfway house for drugs and manic depression. It isnt over yet but she is doing well and now regreats what she has done and who shes been with. She wants her marriage and family back and that gives me a lot of hope i havent had for years. I chose not to give up cause i dont believe its Gods will to give up. Its His timing , not ours and it has taken me a long time to accept that. Jesus said it wasnt Gods will that anyone divorce, so i just have to go with that and even though we may have rights as to there unfaithfulness, the Lord had rights to destroy all those who dragged him off to the cross and killed him, but he chose not to. We all have been unfaithful to the Lord yet He still loves us and never gives up on us and its that attitude that has gotten me thru so much hell, i could write a book and someday may just do that, but this all has to have a happy ending first. Gods on your side in your fight for your marriage. Trust in Him. He will honor you and every tear is a treasure in heaven. You will make it thru this. If i did , anyone can. I begged God to take my life daily in tears for over a year and was very serious. Ive fallen hard at times because of my pain and almost ended my own life a year ago. Anybody can get on with there life so to speak as people tell ya(we do every day anyway when we choose to get out of bed) but it takes courage and faith to believe that God is who He says He is and will restore if we believe. Hang in there dear. Mark

#337892 02/14/01 09:14 AM
B
B
Good for you Lostpup. Fantastic! Don't you let the world get the best of you. It gets too many. Your words are very inspirational. Keep the faith brother, and Rejected, listen to him. He speaks the truth. Everything he said is right on. I don't think that it is God's will that any marriage should fail. I married a man at a point in my life when I did many things that weren't appropriate. Then I came to Christ. He didn't. This poses many challenges to a marriage, but I believe it is God's will that we work through these challenges and help bring our partners to see his glory. You don't ever stop praying for reconciliation! The devil would like for you too, though. Keep the faith sister. I will be praying for you and your husband. Lostpup - Keep up the great work. You will be a better person for what you have been through. I hope your happy ending comes soon, it sounds as though the devil has been after you and your wife long enough. May you both know peace...

#337893 02/14/01 11:52 AM
R
OP Offline
R
Thank you for your kind words of support, faith and prayers.

#337894 02/14/01 04:09 PM
T
T
Rejected, I am praying for you and your husband. I agree with Lostpup, too. Never stop praying for reconcilliation, it's never God's will for a marriage to end. Moving out has probably shut him out and somehow you've got to get an open line of communication in order to progress. I have had snowballs of fights erupt with my husband over tiny things just because we couldn't communicate with each other. Anyway, it's like Lostpup said, we've all sinned and God chose to forgive us, not persecute us. If there's any way you can find it in your heart to forgive him and love him unconditionally (easier said than done), I think it will lead you to your path of reconcilliation. Don't give up, fight for your happiness with your husband, God wants it as much as you do. He's in your corner. God bless, and I will keep praying for you and your husband.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
4 members (SadNewYorker, 3 invisible), 1,103 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation