Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#339396 07/18/01 05:01 PM
L
OP Offline
L
My H's family is a close Christian family. His mother is VERY hurt about what her son is doing. I called her at work today & she broke down. She said she can NOT take this anymore. She said what her son is doing is wrong & she wants to do something about it, she said she has to, it can NOT go on any longer. She also has been reading a lot of information including a lot of posts from MB & some of their information. She is also reading Surving an Affair. I told her when we yell at H and give him ultimatumes it just makes OW look like the only one who accepts him and loves him. Family to my H is VERY important. Maybe a mean approach would work. Either a life with OW & alone w/ no family or a life with his wife and entire family. He can't have both. I think I am going to let my H read the letter trueheart wrote to all WS out there. My H will probably read it and have OW read it for her manipulating input. She would say "Honey, that stuff is just crap, people will do & say those things because it internet you can't believe it. People will always put in their two cents worth but you need to follow your heart and do things for "Self" happieness just as I have & I'm happy.<P>LOVEMESS

#339397 07/19/01 12:52 AM
L
L
Lovemess, it is good that your H's mother is greived by this. The more prayers the better. Stop worrying what OW thinks and know that the Lord sees all. My own mother is againts me getting back with my wife along with the rest of my family and so is my wifes mother and family. They all think we need to divorce. Most of them are now demanding it, seeing that we are getting back together. Their reasons are very selfish. My family has coveted my son and doesnt want to give him back nor do most of them want to face their own divorces of convience(it didnt feel good anymore!)and her family(mother mainly) doesnt want to loose some of her inheritance. Long story. Its about 250,000 dollars and my wife and i refuse to accept it from wifes grandmother this time. So the enemy is hard at work using them to stop us from getting back together. Ive never seen such spiritual warfare in all my life. Most of it doesnt really make sense. What has helped me get thru a lot of this during my worst times was refusing to allow the enemy to win this war on my family and marriage and stading and trusting God to restore no matter what it takes or how long. God is on my side and i keeped praying and trusting in Him. THE ENEMY WILL NOT WIN. If we dont believe God can do the impossible, then we dont believe in God. Let us start believing God is who He says He is. He is mighty and soverign. Nothing is to great for the Lord.<BR>Dear Lord, i pray for my sister Lovemess that you would get in her spirit your strenth to stand and have faith that is a gift from you Lord. Hear her cries Lord and send her your comfort and encouragment when she just wants to give up. I pray Lord that you would reach her husband and convict his heart of his sin and destroy the works of the enemy upon his mind and heart. I pray that you would have mercy on the OW when you judge her and when you send your angels to pursue her in her slippery dark paths may she turn to you Lord and repent for being a willing puppet of the enemy. In Jesus name, Amen<BR>Mark

#339398 07/19/01 06:44 PM
T
T
Mark, you say the greatest things.<P>I am really struck by the obvious:<BR>"If you don't believe God can do the impossible, then you don't believe in God." <P>That is really beautiful! It's so clear and so true. It ought to be a bumper sticker or a T-shirt... what do you say? (That could be your million dollar idea [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] )<P>Can I ask you a little favor? Can you put more paragraph spaces in your replies because I have a hard time reading them on the computer - my eyes can't focus well. Thanks - I don't want to miss a word. <P>I am so glad to see that you have knocked off another attack - I can tell by your posts that you are feeling strong again. God is pouring out His grace and love on you for helping strengthen our faith. I really enjoy your "company." Take care. T

#339399 07/20/01 02:55 AM
L
L
Hi Trying, please dont flatter me, Im really trying to stay humbled [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Trying, you have grown so much and it amazes me. Your example of allowing trials to strenthen you and not become bitter and angry is a wonderful testimony of Gods grace.<P>You have truly learned to serve others in the midst of your sorrow and pain. The Lord will greatly honor you. <P>Lovemess you are in my daily prayers, and so are you Trying.<BR>May the Lord continue to strenthen those of us willing to walk this narrower road.<BR>Mark<BR>

#339400 07/20/01 06:03 AM
T
T
I feel so lucky because I found this forum. I really feel the peace and love of the Holy Spirit, especially since I got back from Medjugorje. I feel like a new person - like things are just all falling into place at the right time, according to the Lord's will.<P>My job is going MUCH better. My husband was even sorry he missed me last night since I was at work (!!!) We had a short conversation with none of the coldness of the past - I know it's just a bit but I don't care. Things are looking up.<P>Most of all, I feel strengthened here by you guys and it is so cool. <P>Mark, you are in my prayers all the time. I think you are something else. You kept this forum alive through some dead spots and your words are always inspiring.<P>Everybody: remember Gentle in your prayers. She doesn't have Internet access right now and she needs us.<P>Take care, <BR>Love, T

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation