Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
RWD Offline OP
OP Offline
R
The kids got back today after spending 2 nights at grandmas with their mother. She just dropped them off and left. I passed her on my way home as I was grocery shopping. I guess two days with them was enough for her.<P>I was really down in the dumps yesterday and this morning , but feel a lot better no.<P>I'm on the anti-deps but I think they are giving me medicine head. I was at the store and couldn't remember my PIN number for my bank card.<P>I'm not sure if its the anti-deps or the cold I'm coming down with, but I'm having trouble thinking.<P>I'm just glad the kids are back home. I guess I need to have the big talk with my daughter though about New Years Eve though.<P><BR>My SIL(stbx's sister) called last nite and invited us to stope for Xmas and New Years so I do have some alternatives .

L
L
Glad your kids are home and you're feeling a little better!! Makes a huge difference, doesn't it?<P>When I was on Paxil, I had med-head ALL the time. I always thought my head felt like food tastes when you have a bad cold!!<P>Hope the rest of the weekend is good for you, too.<P>Lori

A
A
Glad to hear you're trying the anti-deps. Like lostva, I took Paxil for months and had trouble thinking and remembering things. But I enjoyed the emotional peace so much that I thought this was an acceptable trade-off.<P>Strangely, I never told my doctor about the cognitive issues. He noticed when I told him the same joke twice within 20 minutes! He immediately changed my medication.<BR>It doesn't have to be this way...tell your doctor.<P>Does your wife suffer from depression also?

R
R
RWD,<P>Good to have you back among the living!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]Enjoy the kids. Wonderful you have been included in SIL's holiday celebrations - looks like they aren't planning on cutting you out of the family and that is wonderful for you and your kids!<P>Roll Me Away<P>------------------<BR>"Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things in which smiles and kindnesses and small obligations, given habitually, are what win and preserve the heart and secure comfort."<P>Sir Humphry Davy<BR>

V
V
Isn't it amazing how much better we can feel just by having our children near. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. Keep that chin up.

R
RWD Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks all, for the support!<P>lostva, thats what I feel like now except I think I do have a cold, I have a headache and I'm sleepy, my usual signs.<P>Apollo13, I was taking St Johns wort since July and it seemed to work but since we have decided to end the marriage I have been short with the kids and running out of patience with them. I didn't want this to go on and with the holidays, I decided to talk to the doc. She put me on 20mg of celexa. She gave me a 3 week free supply and I'm to go back and see her in 3 weeks to see if I need to stay on them.<P>My stbx is on something, I forget what, Paxil I think. She started taking them after she was having trouble with om, not with me or the kids.<P>RMA,<BR>I have pretty good inlaws as far as that goes. My SIL says she is kinda of giving up on her sister because she won't call her. They are both competitive with one another and I don't know who will cave in first. I imagine her talking to me will drive my stbx crazy and she won't talk to her sister.<P>Viki,<BR>I was suprised how well I felt when the kids got home. I wasn't upset that they went because I knew that this would be the most time stbx would be spending with the kids for a while between work and om.

H
H
RWD - Did you tell the doctor you had been taking St John's?? I started it a few days ago and was concerned that I might have to delay the real meds when I get them....<P>I've often wondered how those of you with children can make it thru these times. On the one hand you've got those you love to count on to love you back and to do things for. But, on the other hand, they would be constant reminders of the missing spouse.

R
RWD Offline OP
OP Offline
R
H-P <BR>Yes by all means tell your dr. that your taking St John's wort. My dr. indicated if you took both, they could cancel each other out and lead to some side effects such as heart palpatations.<P>During the week it is real easy in that I have to concentrate on the kids, getting them out the door in the morning for school, and then getting them where they need to be at nite, feeding them, getting homework done, and getting them to bed. By that time I'm ready to go to bed myself but usually do this for a couple hours.<P>The weekends are tuffer as I still conditioned to doing a good bit of what I wanted, but now I have the house to look after as well as the kids and it has been overwhelming at times. Part of what has helped is that my stbx has worked the afternoon shift part time for 5 yrs and I am used to it. Also she pulled away emtionally from us last year and wasn't getting up for the kids in the morning(the whole reason she was working afternoons)so I was doing that too a good bit. I can't imagine all of a sudden having to do this if I had never done it before. I guess that was another reason my stbx felt comfortable leaving the kids as she knew I would take care of them.<P>I done pretty good so far, I haven't lost anyone and they haven't starved yet !

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 493 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation