Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
U
OP Offline
U
My H just came home and says I'm his choice!!<BR>Wow... Without the bitterness, anger, resentment etc... I didn't have much strenght to make demands... So I really need to pray now!!!!!<P>thanks for your prayers, cozy

S
S
Congratulations Used2Bcozy,<P>I am so happy for you and will be praying for your continued success and strength. <P>I am glad that this is working for you. PTL<P>------------------<BR>God bless you and all of us.<P>Samantha<BR>

P
P
cozy- it is great to hear a positive word on the forum!<P>As you know, God is doing great things for us too. I found that the book helped my be in a place to offer forgiveness to my h., because of the work prayer did in my heart.<P>blessings,<P><BR>Liz/Pearl<P>------------------<BR><BR>"I have found the Pearl of Great Price"<BR>

T
Taj Offline
T
Cozy, <P>Isn't it wonderful to step back and let God do His work! I'm so blessed to hear you are your H's choice for you are God's choice too. You don't need any strength of your own for God promises to be that strength for you. This is such an encouragement to all of us to keep on praying and trusting God to make the difference.<P>In my own marriage I feel liberated from all of the trying I have done in my own strength. I know God is at work because I have had "the peace that passes all understanding". I have not felt this kind of quiet in my soul for a long long time.<P>------------------<BR>eyes wide open<BR>

L
L
Congratulations cozy.<P>My H moved home tonight. I'm a little more apprehensive than you, but I do feel God at work. My H came to church with me today and he put on his wedding ring. He wants to be my husband. Good changes.<P>------------------<BR>Lor<BR>"Do not get tired of doing what is right, for after awhile you will reap a harvest of blessings if you do not get discouraged and give up. (Gal 6:9)<P>

M
M
I am so thankful!!!!!! My H called just to chat tonight and said he might go grab a pizza or something to eat and I invited him for supper and he came. I had the strength to stay positive. We didn't fight! I didn't get emotional. Its the first positive thing that has happened in our relationship in months. The only tense moment was when he left, I don't think he really wanted to leave. It was akward but.... I didn't break down. I didn't cry. I am so happy! The prayers are working. I am so glad that I found this group for support and that I am finding the strength through God to let go! I even practiced "shut up and pray" while he was here. Yippee!!!!!!! <BR>Thank you Lord for letting me test my strength tonight and helping me build up my confidence and for just giving me a much needed positive moment in our relationship!!! <P>------------------<BR>morgan

K
K
Praise God for all this good news.<P>We may need to have a thread entitled "PRAISE REPORTS"!

T
T
What has changed for me, is that I have realized that I placed too much importance on my emotional needs. <P>I was in the wrong thinking when I judged how much my husband cared by how well he met my emotional needs. In praying for "his wife", I realize that I need to pray for me, to have a divine healing on my emotional hurts, and for God to change my emotional needs to the ones that my husband "can" fill.<P>I am still stuck on the first chapter "His Wife", and it really hits home. <P>The best thing that has changed since getting this book, is that I am "listening" to the Lord a little better about "me".<P>

U
OP Offline
U
WOW I love this praise and reports on positive changes...<P>Samantha I am praising the Lord, thanks for your prayer support...<P>POGP I just love watching God work and hearing how we all are being touched!!<P>taj Its wonderful to let go and let GOD... I have heard this over and over, but now Im putting it to the floor and seeing great things...<P>Lor I read your post and laughed... Apprehensive .... This is the ?? (I lost count) that H has made this decision, this time I'm hoping the power of a praying wife will be the finallizing factor..<P>Kimm Yes these blessings are soooo incouraging... Im waiting to hear many more as we spend more time on our knees... That is the most powerful place... Or as a song I know goes... "Down at your feet Oh Lord is the most high place"<P>TNT You better believe Im going back to "his wife" almost every other page I read... I have too many little green expectation monsters in my life... <P>Here is a "quote a friend sent to me" It makes sense and works with what were doing..<P><BR>Hey Sue! I think I said an expectation is a premeditated resentment.<BR> <BR>Or, "have no expectations of others; neither expect them to be better or worse as time goes on, for in such expectations, you are trying to create,<BR>and that's God's job, not yours. Love alone can create. Love and let be."<P>Isn't that great.... Love and let be!!!<P>cozy <P>

U
OP Offline
U
Morgan... Wow isnt God good! I think in all of these posts I see that WE are the ones being tempered and refined, and with those changes God is doing the outside work...<P>Lets NOT quit praying.. This is all too wonderful!!

A
A
The most outstanding thing I have noticed so far in using POPW is the change in my attitude and behavior. The Lord is giving me peace in my heart that He is working in my husband's life. There has been some improvement in my husband's attitude towards me also. Over the holiday he spent some time with his best friend. When I was there later the friend's wife told me "your husband seems so happy, are things better?" I'm praying they get better and better. My husband is still drinking, but I believe God is working on that with him. PTL!!!<P>

L
L
Cozy,<BR>So, you don't think "apprehensive" is perhaps a strong enough word? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I realized that everything I'm worried about with my H is in the past or the future. Forgiveness will take care of the past and God is very explicit on not worrying about tomorrow, not to mention the hundreds of "FEAR NOT" in his Word.<P>So, as TNT pointed out in one of my threads--somewhere--I'm sinning/going against God's word by worrying, fearing & not trusting God.<P>I put my H on the altar just as Abraham put Isaac--now that God is working with my H, I want to snatch him back and do it myself.<P>Let's keep praying, Ladies.

U
OP Offline
U
In Psalms 37 It says "fret not" many times, but also gives a blessing for our faith if we "fret not"....<P>4*Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will *give you the desires of your heart. <BR>5*Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, and He will do it.<P>I think its worth trying not to worry, when we can see the blessing... and also take a look at the blessings in Phil 4 If we do not be worried:<P>6*Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by *prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. <BR>7And *the peace of God, which surpasses all [4]comprehension, will *guard your hearts and your*minds in *Christ Jesus. <P>The "how to" is in the next verses....<P>I have to go back to these over and over, as I tend to let all manners of things make me worry... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>God tells us not to worry for a reason... It can make us ill!!! So how is it going so far Lor? Its seem GREAT here! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

P
P
Romans 12: 1 I beseech you therefore brethren that you present your bodies as living sacrifices....<P>"THE PROBLEM WITH LIVING SACRIFICES IS THEY KEEP CRAWLING OFF THE ALTAR."<P>No, this isn't my original, but I can't remember who said it..Either Keith Green or Mark Lowry, I think.<P>You know that song that is on Christian radio right now "We fall down, we get up, we fall down, we get up...and the saints are just the sinners who fall down...and get up?<P>I have very skinned knees these days, half from falling down and half from trying to uphold my family and my husband in prayer.<P>Good news today. I got the results from my HIV/syphilis/std screening and everything is negative. <P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]On the sadder side, a few days ago I asked my husband "Do you think you will ever pray with me like we used to ?" He said, "Nothing is impossible, but I don't think so. Do you think I should be hoping that you will turn into a rowdy drunken vixen who will go to bars and cut up with me?"<P>I said "O.K. point well taken. Are you saying that there is the same likelihood of that happening as you praying with me?"<P>"You got it."<P>It hurts so much, because he says he never believed. I can't accept that.<P>So on we press.<P>Lord, give us strength to do your will.<P>Liz/Pearl<P>------------------<P>"I have found the Pearl of Great Price"<BR><p>[This message has been edited by POGP (edited December 09, 1999).]

K
K
Yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of my husband coming home after our separation. Praise God! Things have improved so much over the last year. Me and our son went to church, and I was concentrating on good things, but as I looked around the church, at the families, I began to feel sad. I knew when my husband came home, that it would probably be awhile before he went back to church. But it's been a year now and it gets very discouraging! So many times I have got my hopes up only to be dissapointed. A few months ago, our pastor came to visit him and when my husband saw him, he grabbed him and hugged him with both arms. He was so happy to see him. He tells people, "I'll be back." I haven't been able to completely leave this with the Lord I guess. Today I've been thinking about the verse that tells us to cast our cares upon Him because He cares for us. That's what we have to try to do. All I know is when my husband is right with God again, I'll be the happiest girl in MB forum!

L
L
Kimm, thanks for sharing your good news.<P>POGP, you cracked me up. First the living sacrifices crawling off the altar--because I often try to imagine myself as Abraham lifting the knife over Isaac (my H, and I'm not altogether sure that knife is a good idea [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]), but I guess I usually have him trussed up, I've never thought about him crawling off...<P>And your H asking if he should be asking you to be a rowdy drunken vixen...WERE you a rowdy drunken vixen at one point? LOL. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] If not, that would be the difference, he did pray with you. If you were RDV, is there something there you can recapture? From reading your posts on the sexuality chapter, it sounds like you're being a "good" wife in that area, but it was just a thought.

L
L
POGP, I wasn't suggesting you get rip-roaring drunk. But I was thinking more of, shall we say, a sparkle in your eye? But with your purchases, it sounds like you have that covered.<P>Best of God's blessings to you tonight at your party.<BR>

P
P
Hi.<P>Party went well, no OW.<P>He had to stay to clean up and will be home soon.<P>I think this might be the post Taj is upset about...?my description of my hosiery, tight dress, etc.? Frankly, any guy who lurks here for jollies may wind up getting saved when we start praying in the spirit! teehee. <BR>don't know, but I do know that I am not a slut and I do like for my h. to find me sexy!<P>nuf said.<P>liz\POGP<P>------------------<BR><BR>"I have found the Pearl of Great Price"<BR>

P
P
Hi all. I deleted my 'vixen' post because I don't want to upset anyone here. <P>Lor, I will start 'over a cup of coffee', a place just to visit and chat, but still under the bible study forum. That way others who just want to do the book won't have to read through our chat to get to the relevant posts.<P>liz<P>------------------<BR><BR>"I have found the Pearl of Great Price"<BR>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation