Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#349204 11/28/99 08:08 PM
T
Taj Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Posted this thought to POGP. Does anyone else want to get more in depth with this study. It seems like there is alot we are not getting to and we are moving rapidly from chap. to chap. There apparently are several on this forum who could lead us in a more discussion oriented study as well as stick with praying for each other like we've been doing. What does everyone else think?<BR>I myself want to get every last tidbit out of this book. It has been a great source of encouragement to me as well as the encouragement I am receiving from all of you.<P>------------------<BR>eyes wide open<BR>

#349205 11/28/99 10:15 PM
K
K
Sounds like a good idea to me, too.

#349206 11/28/99 10:22 PM
L
L
I'm totally open to whatever anyone wants. My initial post on the other thread was for a prayer a day--which is why I have been adding Chapters, thinking maybe others were ready to move on. Personally I'm several chapters ahead, but I have really liked going back and re-reading as I prepare a post.<P>I think this book works well either for day by day (or every other day/er week? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]) or for indepth study. I just want to pray all prayers for my H--and soon! (rush, rush, rush)<P>If POGP/Liz or anyone else has anything specifically to add or enrich us on each subject/prayer, I think that input is always welcome...? <P>I picked up this book because someone on the forum recommended, then I recommended and I am delighted it received such welcome, but nobody needs to worry about stepping on my toes. I've barely been facilitating and anyone else is welcome to start any of the chapter discussions. I just didn't want the forum to die.<P>If you want a real leader, you go girls! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] But if I keep adding chapters, don't be offended...I have praying to do.<P>My H moved home tonight.

#349207 11/29/99 12:34 AM
S
S
This is my first day here, but I think it's a great idea. I have read the book and prayed some of the prayers repeatedly. I have reccommended the book to almost every woman I know and I no longe rhave a copy in my possession, but I will run out and get one tommorrow so that I can follow along. And after I read the prayer for "His Wife" I ran through the book as fast as I could, then went back through it.

#349208 11/29/99 08:54 AM
T
Taj Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Lor,<P>I am praising the Lord for your news. Prayer is the impact of this forum, the changes taking place in our lives attested to in the posts are the fact of that. I don't want to change that in any way. For me it just seems I keep going back over each chap. and finding more to pray about. I'm probably being selfish and just want more involvement . I am disappointed when I find that there are no new posts. I am so thankful that you started this up and introduced me to the book.<P>Yes, I have praying to do too!

#349209 11/29/99 09:44 PM
U
U
I like the idea of more in depth... We could go ahead and pray the prayers from each chapter on a day to day basis for our husbands, but we can also do in depth study simultaniously... maybe page by page, or however we feel there is something that we really need to touch on... A paragraph or even a scripture that we need to really dig to the roots on... <P>I was thinking about starting a womens bible study in my home with this book, and I'd like to gleen every last thought outta this book..<P>Besides my H has been home now 3 full days and were still grinning at each other... I think if this book wasn't in my life right now that I wouldn't be where I am!!!!<P>Thankful and full of praise, cozy

#349210 11/30/99 12:28 AM
A
A
In-depth is good for me. I have read ahead several chapters, and have been praying the prayers for my husband as well as myself. I keep going back to His Wife though as it had the most impact on me. <P>Lor & U2BC - Thank you Lord for bringing Lor's & Used2BCozy's husbands home!!! I know you both must be so excited and happy. I will be talking to God about you tonight!<BR>Praise God....He does know what is the best for us and WILL work it out. I'm so happy for you!<BR>

#349211 12/01/99 12:20 AM
S
S
To all of you and especially Lor and POGP for bringing this to all of our attention.<P>This is going way to rapidly for me too. Stormy states that the prayers don't even have to be said everyday or even every month. <P>Personally I am still working on "His Wife." I have much work in just that area alone.<P>So and in depth discussion and a slower pace in my fast paced world would be a blessing for sure. <P>With the holidays fast approaching us all, I think that all of us aren't going to have much time to really spend on a prayer a day or every other day.<P>I have drank a little wine tonight so if I am not making much sense (not that I make much sense anyway. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] ) Please forgive me.<P><P>------------------<BR>God bless you and all of us.<P>Samantha<BR>

#349212 12/01/99 12:17 PM
L
L
Shall we just agree that everyone can take it at their own pace? I'll continue to add a chapter a couple times a week--or if someone else wants to jump ahead of me--no problem.<P>Then as we find revelations in new or old chapters we can post as we will?<P>I think the new threads for discussions on specific praise reports and topics is also a nice sideline.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 835 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation