Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#349270 12/07/99 09:42 AM
G
Gabbie Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hi ladies. I hope you don't me starting this new topic...but I thought it would be a good place for us to tell "Shut up and pray" stories.<P>Yesterday H came home from work early. He had gotten the mail, and in it was a new credit card, and an application for another one. He asked me to fill out the application so he could get this other credit card. Everything in me screamed "NO! We don't need another credit card!! We are in debt to our elbows as it is!!" I was about to open my mouth and severly protest him getting another redit card, and a voice inside my head shouted "Shut up and PRAY!". So, I did. <P>Lord, I turn our finances over to you. I know I cannot manage this on my own. <P>Gabbie

#349271 12/07/99 10:25 AM
S
S
As his helpmeet, don't we also have the responsibility to say once, "Honey, is this wise?" or "I am not comfortable with this" and then let God do the convicting, etc? We don't want to be that drip, but we also do our husbands a disservice don't we, if we just let everything go?

#349272 12/07/99 05:24 PM
P
P
Great new topic, thanks Gabbie.<P>O.K. Here are a couple of areas in which I will commit to S.U.&.P.<P>1) I will not press for any further details of his affair. As he feels that something needs to be said, I will listen. (This is going to be tough).<P>2) In my areas of hurt and angry memories, I will save comments for our counseling sessions and SU&P in between sessions.<P>3) Biggie: I will not ask him anymore about when he wants to do our recommitment ceremony. He was very excited to do a big party and renew our vows, till I said that I wanted to have at least 12 counseling sessions before we made any future commitment. <P>We have now had three sessions so far. We have pledged to be kind and work on our friendship and explore our marriage,, reevaluating in January.<P>In these three areas, I promise to SU&P.<P>Please keep me accountable, ladies.<P>Lord, please help me turn to you when I have questions about the affair and their relationship. Lord, please help me give you my hurt and anger instead of digging up trouble with my husband. Lord, please help me be patient with myself, my husband and our therapist as we work toward recommitment.<P>Amen.<P>Blessings, Liz\His Pearl of Great Price<P>------------------<BR><BR>"I have found the Pearl of Great Price"<BR>

#349273 12/08/99 09:49 PM
T
Taj Offline
T
Lord, let this forum be for your glory. Help us to know your will in every area of our marriages. Where we would wander towards our own wisdom redirect us to your perfect will. "Let the words of our mouth and the meditations of our hearts be acceptable to You Oh Lord our Rock and our Redemer." Forgive us Lord when we chose to express our own ideas and forget about your written word and its direction. Help us to truly shut out the things of this world and be open to You and You alone. Reveal to us Your perfect will for our lives, our marriages and the way we pray for our husbands. Give us great wisdom and protect us from the deception of the Evil One.<P>Shut up and pray!

#349274 12/08/99 10:12 PM
A
A
I think I screwed up tonight. I didn't "shut up and pray". My husband is late (again). When he called I told him I felt I was "second best" to him. I shouldn't have said anything, I should have just prayed. Please help me remember to "shut up and pray"!!! <P>

#349275 12/09/99 12:09 AM
S
S
Went to our lady's group Christmas shingdig last night. Pastor's wife talked about anxiety and all the various feelings and fears that bog us down. She told us of a wise woman who taught her the S.W.A.P. plan utilizing these verses:<BR>Phil4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. [7] And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.<BR>That when we swap our problems, etc in this way, we receives His perfect peace. Doesn't make the problem go away per say, but livable. SWAP=Stop Worrying And Pray.<P>Thank you Father that we have older women to teach us how to love our husbands. Thank you for your perfect plan for our lives and that we can bring everything to you, to learn how to be grateful for the trials you allow us to go through and for the peace that transends all understanding.

#349276 12/09/99 09:13 AM
G
Gabbie Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hi Ladies!<P>I have another SU&P story for you! Praise God on this one!! <P>My H has been thinking of going into business for himself. He is in construction, and there is a high demand for what he does. I was very upset about this, as at one point he promised me he wouldn't go into business for himself until our home was paid off (we have another 2 years to pay on it). I fought and fought with him in this area, and was resenting the fact that he was going to go back on his promise. Well, I decided to SU&P! I asked the Lord to guide my husband in his career..to show my H the right path to follow, and to put peace in my heart about it. I asked God to 'give me a sign' if my H going into business for himself was the path he was supposed to follow. Yesterday H came home from work and said "I ran into [man] today at the [town] jobsite. He wants me to supervise his next 3 buildings." I asked him how rare it is for him to run into [man]. H said <B> "Very rare!" </B> We went on to discuss this further, and I told H about my prayers, and that I truely believe that this is the sign I had asked for. There is such peace in me about the decision for H to go into business for himself. Praise the Lord! H just called from work and said that he was going to tell his boss that after the first of the year, he will no longer be working for him.<P>Lord, thank you for giving me the strength to SU&P, thank you for opening the doors that my H needed opened, thank you for your love, and the many gifts you give us. Lord, please continue to guide my H in the right direction concerning his business, give him the wisdom and strength he will need to make his business a success.<P>Gabbie

#349277 12/10/99 11:43 AM
U
U
I am at the 2 week point of recovery... This is a real ugly time... The old bad habits are starting to poke up their ugly heads.. H is in withdral and told me there has been 1 breif contact with OW... I FREEKED... I should have shut up and prayed... I just don't want to be in this sad circular pattern any more.... Im in the chapter "His protection" but keep going back to the prayers in "his mind" and "his choices" so I can try and rest in Gods arms knowing that I have done the praying and the rest is up to him!<P>Need lots of prayers myself at this time!! Thanks, cozy

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 514 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation