Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#349307 12/10/99 12:25 PM
P
OP Offline
P
It looks like I came to the right place. I recently found out that my H had an affair. We are both Christiand and I lbelieve this is what has kept us togteher. I am struggling to be and become a Godly wife to him, but the pain of his infidelity is stopping me from doing things that I want to do for him out of love. <P>I fell like although we had our problems, I always made him feel like he was "my man" and I loved him for it. I constantly praised him and told him I loved him. Now, it's more difficult. <P>I know that I have my own issues to work out, but I am glad that I found this study and support from other Christian women. <P>I would appreciate it if someone could explain to me how this forum works. <BR>Do you do any chats?<BR>Thank you.

#349308 12/11/99 01:30 AM
T
Taj Offline
T
Welcome to the Women's bible study Phil 4:13.<BR>What a great name you have chosen for yourself. That promised strength is yours as you call upon God and allow him to do a mighty work in your marriage. <P>I will let someone else tell you how the forum works. Right now just try and get ahold of the book "The Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie O'Martian. Read all of the back posts and join in wherever you feel so led. There are no chats on this forum, it seems to be a decision made by the Harleys.<P>I am sorry to hear about your discovery, it seems it is happening just as frequently among Christians as those who don't believe. The fact you and your H are believers gives you the power to overcome what Satan has brought into your life. Join us in praying for each other and our H's as we learn together to give our burdens over to Jesus.<P>God Bless! <P>------------------<BR>love is blind<P>

#349309 12/11/99 11:06 AM
P
P
Phil, welcome to POPW. As taj said, just read "The Power of A Praying Wife" and pop into any chapter discussion you want. If ther is something off-topic you want to discuss, either post on the cup of coffee string or start your own topic string. <P>Not everyone here is experiencing the effects of infidelity, but a majority of us did come from that forum -- Lor had the idea to do this book study after FHL and I recommended it as good for wives with betrayer husbands. Please post to the roll call string also, that is a good place to get everyone's story.<P>welcome! <BR>Liz\His Pearl of Great Price<P>------------------<BR><BR>"I have found the Pearl of Great Price"<BR>

#349310 12/11/99 02:04 PM
U
U
Welcome Phil 4:13....<P>Just as you draw strenth to do all things in Christ, I've discovered the ability to call on His name to give His love in an unconditional manner to my betrayer H... Its available to us in Christ, and MANY times when I didn't have a thing to give within me, I tapped into Jesus' unending love and just became the vessel to allow this love to transfer through.... It was amazing to me that this worked so well, but should I be surprized about anything concerning God?? <P>Prayers for you will be added to my life...cozy

#349311 12/13/99 11:04 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks to those who welcomed me. I am in the process of getting the book.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,254 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation