Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
Hello, all. I don't usually hang out on this forum. I don't know why. It looks like a good place to "hang."<p>I would like to share a really cool (to me, anyway!) thing that I "got" from the Lord this morning in my morning devotionals. As many others are, I'm sure, I started reading in Genesis with the beginning of the new year. Well, I'm up to Joseph's story....<p>I should mention first of all, that the VERY FIRST scripture I "heard" God whisper in my mind when I came home and my WH was GONE was Joseph's statement to his brothers that "You meant this for evil, but God used it for good"(Gen 50:20). So, to read it again today, was almost like an UNDERLINE of it...a kind of reminder from God that He's still in control, and He STILL is using this situation for His Good.<p>So, let me get to back to the point, and the devotional: I was reading Genesis 41, where Joseph had married an Egyptian woman and she had borne him a son...he named him Manasseh, which supposedly means "to forget" in Egyptian, or some such thing. Well, anyway, the thing that stood out TO ME was that Joseph's reunion with his family was imminent, and yet, he had just allowed himself to get to the place where he FORGOT about his family in Canaan.<p>WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU GETTING TO, LUPO??? You are probably asking.....I'm saying that the verse that JUMPED out at me was that Joseph had FINALLY gotten to the place where he had "moved on" with his life....and then God reunited him with his family, and restored what his brothers had taken from him....etc. It wasn't evident from looking at his life during his time in Egypt that he was even still thinking about, pining about, worrying about, or remembered his family....until that verse (Gen. 41:51).<p>So many times on this website, I hear about BS's who say, "I had just moved on with my life, accepted my WS's being gone, and NOW he/she wants to come home?!?!" So I have been praying about WHEN God brings a Prodigal home. And WHERE WE have to be for that to happen. I don't mean to sound like we are "making a deal" with God. I want to be in that place, where I'm comfortable with whatever God has for my future, instead of feeling like I'm "treading water" just waiting for my life to start up again. I'm trying to get myself to a place where I am moving on....so to speak....and NOT obsessed all day long (which I feel like I am now) with the when, when, whens of my H's A ending. <p>This scripture said to me that it DOES happen. NOT when, but that it does seem to be a "pattern" that is necessary. A "place" we have to get to, where we truly have LET GO. I am trying. I really am.<p>God Bless,

K
K
Hi Lupo!<p>I think you are on to a major truth here.<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by lupolady:
This scripture said to me that it DOES happen. NOT when, but that it does seem to be a "pattern" that is necessary. A "place" we have to get to, where we truly have LET GO. I am trying. I really am.<p>God Bless,<hr></blockquote><p>Our own attitude is certainly a key. I firmly believe that we will not be punished for the sins of others, however, we are asked to bear some consequences of other's sins to an extent. That is for the benefit of their ultimate conscience and learning and justice. Remember also that all things work together for the good of those who steadfastly serve the Lord. (Romans 8:28) <p>So while being patient, faithful, loving, committed and all that, it is imperative that we continue our own life path and spiritual journey despite the evil being dished out by a loved one.<p>So what does this inspiration mean to you at this point in your life?<p>Karenna

L
OP Offline
L
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Karenna:
<strong>So what does this inspiration mean to you at this point in your life?
</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Whoa! So why doncha ask me the HARD questions?!?! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] I have been praying about HOW to "let go..." of my H. How to just let his A w/ow GO, and let God handle it, and him.<p>This scripture to me was saying that Joseph ALSO felt a sense of INJUSTICE (MY BIGGEST CONCEIT - I confess...). I have a VERY strong sense of justice....I HATE to see injustice, and especially if it's directed at me!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Sooo, this scripture was showing me that Joseph held on to his feelings of injustice/hurt/wondering why/loneliness/missing family/whatever for a long time. And it was JUST before he was restored back to them that he had LET IT GO. My revelation from God that THAT's why we must LET OUR WS's GO. God must be free from our entangling connections to work on the situation. And our hearts and minds must be freed from the "hurts" and feelings (described above) associated with it.<p>I have always hated anyone telling me, "You've got to MOVE ON." WHAT does that mean anyway?!?!?! I DON"T WANT TO MOVE ON. I DON'T WANT TO *NOT* BE M TO MY H ANYMORE. I saw that even if there is NO WAY to maintain contact (such as in Joseph's case) there still can be a "hanging on" and there must come a release of it at some point. Joseph reached that place, and now I must pray to do it, too. It starts in the heart. I was looking for outward signs of "letting go."<p>BTW - Joseph is my FAVORITE person of the Bible - besides Jesus, of course!!!!!<p>Thanks for making me clarify, Karenna, BTW - can you expound on this a little bit? What is your meaning?
"...we will not be punished for the sins of others, however, we are asked to bear some cosequences of other's sins..."

God Bless,

K
K
"...we will not be punished for the sins of others, however, we are asked to bear some cosequences of other's sins..."

Free will. God permits evil to be manifest so the good can stand in stark contrast. <p>For example, He lets drunks run over innocent children. <p>Does that mean the child who didn't make it through the intersection is being punished for the sins of the driver? I don't believe so. The child will be saved in Jesus as an innocent. The community will probably rally around the victim and manifest love and good works as a consequence. The blood of the innocent cries unto heaven for ultimate justice on Judgment Day.<p>But if the mother of the child wraps herself in bitterness, holds a grudge for a lifetime, and repudiates God because of her pain, then it will be impossible for her to receive blessings. Until she lets go of her own pain and desire for revenge there is little hope.<p>She does not need to forgive the driver who killed her child, but she does need to let go of the need to sit in judgment herself. When she opens her conscience and realizes that she has taken foolish risks herself, she has hurt people, she has needed to avail herself of the redeeming blood of Christ, then she can receive the abundance of the love of God, and blessings abundant in the here and now.<p>Give the problem of his crime and punishment to God. Meanwhile, don't ask him to come and break your heart again and again. Make him take the meaningful steps toward healing. <p>When Plan A has run its course and made you a better person, and there is nothing more to be gained, and your love for him is evaporating, then move to Plan B. That facilitates a letting go that involves no destruction to yourself or others. You cannot control the destruction a WS does, except to yourself.<p>Blessings,<p>Karenna

T
T
Lupolady - thank you for sharing what you discovered while studying Joseph and the name of his son. wow!<p>Welcome to the women's bible study forum, it is a great place to hang out!<p>TNT

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 701 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
daveamec, janyline, Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya
71,833 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation