Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#55142 01/07/00 05:16 PM
Y
OP Offline
Y
My husband and i have been married for 3 years and of those 3 years he has moved out approximately 20 times and then always wanted to come back. We have a little boy that is 21/2. My husband has a bad anger problem but is a very hard worker and loves his son. He decided to move out because of an argument that we had had over something stupid. Well it has been 1 month and he is still wanting to come back and I told him no this time. I have been hurt by him more than once and just don't feel the love i once had for him. I feel bad for my son because he has to go through this. I told my husband that he needs to quit drinking and change his attitude. he is angery at the world everyone around him he is never friendly to anyone. He is not sociable. I don't know what to do. I am the type that has a good personalality and likes everyone. I am a High School teacher for god's sakes. What should I do?<BR>

#55143 01/07/00 09:18 PM
S
S
Hi TP~<P>WOW! What a rollercoaster ride you've been on in the past three years! Of course you're wondering if you still love your husband; that love has been sorely tested.<P>It is apparent your husband is disturbed, and as a result so now is your marriage. He most likely needs individual counseling and you both need marriage counseling.<P>If you feel there is ANY chance of recovering your love and making this marriage work, how about allowing your husband to come home but ONLY if he agrees to counseling and ONLY after you've been going for 6 months or so? (which would require a separation for a while)<P>If your husband is willing to put himself on the line for your marriage by opening his heart and mind to therapy -- then you will know that he is serious about changing and this will give you the confidence you need to welcome him back with open arms.<P>If not, without help you or he cannot expect for the situation to ever change.<P>Good luck!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,254 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation