Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#743293 01/16/03 01:08 AM
S
OP Offline
S

<small>[ February 12, 2003, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: Stillwaiting ]</small>

L
L
{{{{{{monika}}}}}}
I'm so sorry to hear about your niece. My prayers are with her, and with you. She's lucky to have you in her life. God has put you there for a reason and will guide you to know what you need to say and do for her.
Leslie

G
G
I will be praying for her and you.

gentle

T
T
Just letting you know of my prayers for your situation.

N
N
God bless your niece and your family.
I hope the attempt was just her way of reaching out. In addition to prayer, please use all means of help offered by the social services in your area. I'm sure she needs the assistance of a loving female in her life right now.
Keep us updated.

C
C
Still....sorry about your niece. Just ask God what to say to her and just be her freind right now. Just hold her hand and tell her you love her and comfort her any way you can. She just needs somebody on her side right now. Someone who she feels isn't going to judge her or look down on her.

Love in Christ
cajunky

<small>[ January 16, 2003, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: cajunky ]</small>

B
B
You're a special lady - God has placed you there in her life.
Prayers for you all.

S
OP Offline
S
Thankyou all for your prayers. Boy this is a tough one. I went to a meeting today with my brother his two daughters and the 15 year old.
I felt the Lord's presence. When I went to see her(D) I told her that she needs to open up and let some of this stuff out. I then prayed with her. She is really angry at God right now, but knows the truth, I don't believe she has ever made a commitment to Him, but that's because of her anger. I described to her that she is like a balloon that is filling up with water, all the other stuff in her life that is getting to her is filling it more, if she doesn't let some out it will burst. That is the simplest way I was able to try to show her what she is doing to herself. She doesn't want to talk to anyone about anything especially the S/A. The neat thing is, when we were in the meeting, each one in their own way described the same thing, my brother using the example of a boiler, if there is no release valve it will blow up, my other nieces all feel that she also needs to open up.
It's neat to see how God has given each of us the same wisdom in different ways.
Before the meeting I saw my brother he was shaking and livid. He started yelling at me, which is nothing new for him, I just try to let him vent, and I tried to let him know that he needs to go to her in love not anger. He blew at me telling me not to preach at him, or tell him about any "God", which I did not, but obviously he feels that's what I'm going to do, so I said no I am not preaching, just letting you know that you can't force her to talk. He almost wasn't going to let me come to the meeting, but decided it would be ok, when I told him that he and his family are not the only ones affected here, I am just as hurt and upset as they are. My niece and I have become very close over the past few years.
Once we got into the meeting, the Lords presence was obvious (to me that is) because my brother actually had calmed right down, and was talking quite rationally "all of a sudden" I definately know it was the prayer. I prayed silently through the whole thing.
In the end, she has to stay at the facility until she shows that she is willing to help herself.
I will be going to see her tomorrow for lunch, I ask you please to continue to pray for her, Also that my brother will come to know the Lord through all this. It won't be me that shows him the way, but may someone be brought into his life that can.
Canjunky wrote...
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> She just needs somebody on her side right now. Someone who she feels isn't going to judge her or look down on her.

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Interesting, that is exactly what came out of her, she feels she is being judged by everyone.

Thankyou again all of you for praying, I am very blessed to know that you are there when I need you all. God Bless, Love in Christ, Monika

<small>[ February 12, 2003, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: Stillwaiting ]</small>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation