Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#81869 05/09/99 05:59 PM
G
OP Offline
G
My wife left me, about 4 months ago. i don't know if you could ever say that we were married though, because of everything that has happened in this"marriage". i am in the military, one month before we were supposed to get married, she tells me that she kissed some other guy. it felt like my whole world had just blown up. i didn't know what to do. i begged, and pleaded with her, told her we can work things out. i figured that people make mistakes, and she screwed up. we got married, and things had gotten worse. she refused to have sex with me on the honeymoon(in fact we never had any), she would lie to me and say she was going out with friends, when she was going out with this guy, and her friends, her friends would lie to me about where she is and what she's doing. it just got really really bad. around nov. of that year (we were married in june), she kicks me out of the house, and doesn't want to see me. so i went and lived on post. a couple of weeks later, after Thanksgiving, she decided to try and resolve things. when i first saw her, she wasn't even wearing the rings i gave her! what the hell! but i didn't say anything. then about a month later, (and i'm wrong for this, but it had to be done), i went through her stuff, and found documentation, that said that she had still hung out, or whatever, with this guy that she kissed one month prior to our marriage. she freaks out when i confronted her about it, and kicks me out of the house. i moved back on post, and deciided to try and get on with my life. while all of this was going on, the military had decided to send me to college to get my degree, and my appointment as an officer. they had also decided for me to go to Korea for a year, but they gave me the option of choosing which one i wanted(that's probably the first and last time that will ever happen). i then went to file for separation, and mailed the papers and a copy of my orders to Korea to my estranged wife(this is around Easter time). Next thing i know, my phone is like ringing off the hook, and it's her. she thinks that i'm making this up, and that i'm not supposed to go to Korea. then she says that she has the separation papers in her hands, and started saying "i guess this is what you want, huh?" i told her to think about what she had just said, and to think about how she has been acting. what she didn't know was that, i decided not to go to Korea. she then said that she wanted to work things out. so i moved back in, and started school, bought a house, and tried to catch up on lost time. now i admit, i was barely ever home, with getting up at 4:45am to go to school, and not getting home from work until 10-10:30pm, weekends i was either out doing military stuff, or working. but i was doing this for her.when the first year ended, things started to slow down, and we could start having some time together. but then one month later, around our 2nd anniversary, bad things started to happen. her grandfather had gotten sick and passed away three days before i had to leave for two months of summer training. i had to go, there was no time to change my orders. part of my summer training was to jump out of airplanes. i had trained all year for it, and my wife had known that it was one of my goals. first week of training, i hurt my leg and got sent home, i was depressed, because i (at the time) brought shame to myself for getting hurt, but i'm over it now. when i called her and told her to pick me up at the airport, she didn't believe me. when the plane landed, and i got off of the plane, she didn't even give me a hug. i had to ask for one. she was acting all weird. and it just went all down hill after that. it was a matter of time before it was over. about 4-5 months later, she tells me that her job is moving her away, and she doesn't know if she should take it. i told her to because i always encouraged her to do her best, and if i didn't, she would kick it up in my face that i never support her or encourage her to do better. turns out, she put the request form in to be transferred there, the same town where that guy she kissed lives. she also told me she's not in love with me, she doesn't want to be married to me, and that she want's a divorce. instead of freaking out, i scraped up some pride and dignity, and told her fine.i just don't understand where i went wrong? why did this happen to me? that was four months ago. i graduated from college, and i'm back on active duty with the military.<BR>

S
sis Offline
S
Gary, take your story and put in under the INFIDELITY posts below these articles. Don't post under the articles because no one will see them here.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,033 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline, Mike69
71,835 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation