Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#900755 01/27/01 08:14 PM
S
OP Offline
S
I have only lurked on your postings and not commented . . . but you and your wife have been greatly on my mind . . . I have hoped beyond hope that you and she are making positive progress . . .

#900756 01/27/01 08:34 PM
I
I
I'm struggling a bit, and so is she. Withdrawal is hard on both of us. But making it worse, in the book "Relationship Rescue" there's a test on your intimacy relationship. There are ten questions, and any score above three indicates a serious problem. My score was 10. Yes, 10 out of 10. So, you can see that there is a very serious wall. It is blocking our healing at the moment.<P>I have settled on a counselor and will be calling Monday morning for a first appointment; not sure when that will be but hopefully within the week. <P>Thanks for your concern. It is appreciated.<P>Ivory

#900757 01/27/01 09:14 PM
R
R
Ivory,<P>I'm not in a recovery situation, so take my thoughts with a grain of salt, but I've got Relationship Rescue, and am wondering if you are referring to the Chemistry test?<P>I just wanted to say that scoring high on that is probably something many of us would do, because there are reasons we all got into this mess we are in. I think the goal of reconciliation, and following concepts like MB, is to be able to write that test again in a couple of years and score much lower. So, personally I think it is just quantifying what you already knew....that there were problems.<P>Maybe I'm simplifying it too much, but I hope you don't place too much emphasis on your score, other than to know that it means you have to work hard at restoring your marriage....but who doesn't when it gets bad.<P>Good luck.<P>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (SadNewYorker, 1 invisible), 968 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation