Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
I just had another D-day today. I finally found my H's new hiding spot...nothing has changed. This is 3 times now in two years, and I can't do this anymore. I've Plan Aed for over a year, but apparently that wasn't enough.<P>I'm not knocking MB by any means. I think that this is a wonderful tool for couples in a marital crisis. But in my situation, I think that a divorce is best. Even today, when I found the stash of condoms and women's phone numbers in his truck, I didn't feel the usual rage. I was almost bemused at the fact that it had happened again. I think numb is the best word for how I feel...maybe it's because this whole situation hasn't sunk in yet or what. But I'm starting the divorce proceedings - and Plan B - right away. I don't have many feelings left for my H, otherwise I think I would care more.<P>I believe my H is a sex addict. There has never really been one particular woman. I know that some men are not capable of being faithful to anybody, and I believe that my H falls into that category. It hurts my heart, but I also know that I'll get through this horrendous chapter of my life. I also know that this will be more his loss - my heart does hurt, but I can walk away knowing that I tried - I tried so hard - to make this marriage work.<P>I wish everybody else here the best of luck. I'll probably start posting more in D/D so that I can figure out how the hell you get through this. Thanks everybody for the wonderful support system over the past year - unfortunately, it just wasn't meant to be for me and my H.<P>CB

Q
Q
Hi Hon,<P>Ick about the hiding spot. I remember that kind of stuff pretty well... reminds me of the cassette tape pulled out all over Azusa Ave. in Southern California -- and then I ran over the case. That might help you CB... take the stuff and run over it with the car!!<P>Best wishes with the legalities too... and expect some tears, even though the love is all but gone. It hurts, and it SUX, no matter what!!<P>(((((CB)))))

C
OP Offline
C
Oooh, I like the tape idea. I had his truck today (hence, the D-Day III thing), and I was sooooo tempted to leave it in first gear and see how fast it would go before the tranny blew...but since we have a child together and he'll have to pick him up too, I left his truck alone. But I swear - I don't know how the key scratches got on the door! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] LOL! (sorry, my sarcastic humor is all that I have right now!)

Q
Q
[Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] hehehehehehehhe... been there, baby!!

T
T
Awwww... CB, I'm so sorry. We're always here for you no matter what you choose.<P>{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Carolina Belle}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}<BR><P>------------------<BR>terri<BR><B>Courage</B><P>Whatever course you decide upon,<BR>there is always someone to tell you<BR>that you are wrong.<P>There are always difficulties arising<BR>which tempt you to believe that your <BR>critics are right.<P>To map out a course of action <BR>and follow it to an end <BR>requires courage.<P><I>Ralph Waldo Emerson</I>

L
L
CB,<BR>I'm so sorry. Your H is a knucklehead. At least now you know what you are dealing with and can make decisions for your future. I know when I served D papers, I didn't see any hope for my marriage. My story took a different turn at that point--with my H doing a full turnaround, but it still took me 6 months to believe it.<P>I think Plan B is an excellent choice for you. Even in our 60 day-no-fault divorce state, a divorce can be held up indefinitely once you serve/file papers. Just be sure a divorce is really what you want.<P>Hugs to you, honey. <P>------------------<BR>Lor<BR>"Whatever is true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, gracious...think about these things." Phil 4:8

S
S
{{{{{{{Carolina}}}}}}}}<P>I'm sorry your H is being a jerk, hand the the MB rying pan, we need it to cyber whack Carolina's H too!! Boy, it's getting alot of use today!<P>Best of luck to you, I don't blame you a bit for your reaction. I wish you a great and wonderful future!!<P>

T
T
Hey CB...<P>This just sux!!! I don't blame you for your decision. I guess I dont know what to say other than...WE are here and good luck!!<P>Trueheart

C
C
CB, I've been locked out of this forum for a couple of days so i'm reading your post a little late.<P>I am so sorry that this keeps happening to you. I wish that your H could understand truly how much you have tried and what he will lose.<P>You are a very strong person. Not only can you body slam with the best of them ( [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] ) but you are resiliant. You are smart, beautiful and ambitious. I have no doubt that whatever happens you will be successful in your life.<P>Thankfully, I don't have to go to the D/D board but I may just stop in to check on you every now and then.<BR>Let us know what is going on.<P>cleo

C
C
ooops<p>[This message has been edited by cleopatra (edited July 12, 2001).]

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,033 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline, Mike69
71,835 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation