Marriage Builders
Posted By: covenant THEME SONG? SUGGESTIONS PLEASE... - 11/08/99 09:49 PM
OK- Alittle fun. Was listening to the radio at work and a song by Genesis came on. "Throwing It All Away". Has a line in it that goes:<BR>" someday you'll be sorry,<BR>someday when your free.<BR>Memories will remind you, that our love was meant to be.<BR>Late at night when you call my name, the only sound you'll hear, is the sound of your voice calling, calling out to me."<P>Our song was " You Are So Beautiful" by Joe Cocker during the happy times. Makes sense to have a soundtrack now.<P>Anyone else care to try?
Posted By: Paul Moyers Re: THEME SONG? SUGGESTIONS PLEASE... - 11/08/99 09:54 PM
This sounds like Ally McBeal!!!<P>Nothing by Al Green! or Barry White, althogh he does wanders for John Cage [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>There's too many to choose from, I'm partial to End of the Road by Boyz 2 Men.<P>And go figure, I'll Always Love You by Whitney Houston is on the radio right now!!!<P>------------------<BR>1Co:2:4: And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:<BR>1Co:2:5: That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
Posted By: SDS Re: THEME SONG? SUGGESTIONS PLEASE... - 11/08/99 09:58 PM
I like Unbreak my Heart at least I think that is the title. I listen to a station that plays soft rock and sometimes you don't catch the title let alone you sings it. Right now they are playing "Cherish" just what I needed. Right?<P>------------------<BR>di<P>
Posted By: Mater Re: THEME SONG? SUGGESTIONS PLEASE... - 11/09/99 12:02 AM
Mine is by Vonda Shepard it is an awesome song .. Baby Don't you break my heart slow!<BR>When I found out all this the next day my h was shipped off on business for 4 days. When he came home I had dinner, kids gone and this cd playing. It has great songs.<BR> The song is awesome chorus says .. <BR>"But I'd rather you be mean than love and lie<BR>I'd rather hear the truth and have to say goodbye, I'd rather take a blow, at least then I would know, but baby don't you break my heart slow!"<BR>Paul .. She does also sing the Ally McBeal theme song! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Before all this it was Vanessa Williams .. You've saved the best for last! Which I guess actually could still apply since we are rebuilding! <BR>Thanks that was fun to remember!<P>------------------<BR>Mater<P>
Posted By: MEDIC238 Re: THEME SONG? SUGGESTIONS PLEASE... - 11/09/99 04:39 AM
HEY Covenant,<P>MY new theme sound is by "Triump" off "The sport of Kings". "Somebody's out there"...<P>"Is it fate or random chance.<BR>How can I decide.<BR>Are we victims of circumstance.<BR>When destinies collide.<P>All the odds are against you.<BR>But somehow you make it through.<BR>You can rationalize it away.<BR>But, It all comes down to you..<P>Half our lives we spend waiting<BR>for the knock upon the door.<BR>When it comes, will it be the one<BR>That I've been waiting for? <P>[chorus]<BR>Somebody's out there, somewhere.<BR>Waiting for someone to come their way. Somebody's out there, somewhere.<BR>I will somehow be somebody's someone, someday.<P>Standing in the shadows.<BR>Hiding from the light.<BR>Reach out in the darkness.<BR>And hold on for your life.<P>All the fear of the future.<BR>All the loneliness inside.<BR>When the moment of truth arrives, Hey<BR>You can run but you can't hide.<P>[chorus]<BR>Somebody's out there, somewhere.<BR>Waiting for someone to come<BR>their way.<BR>Somebody''s out there, somewhere<BR>I will somehow be somebody's<BR>someone someday.<P>I can feel it inside me.<BR>Iv'e been holding on so long.<BR>Somethings tellin' me somethings<BR>got to give<BR>'Cause the feeling's way too strong,<BR>too strong".<P>[chorus]<P>Depressing? I don't view it as such. I'm clinbing out of this damn pit.<P>Wishing us all the Best.<P>Medic
Posted By: heartache Re: THEME SONG? SUGGESTIONS PLEASE... - 11/09/99 04:55 AM
I listen to Country music [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Go figure! Try listening to Clay Walker's "Then What". hahahahahahahahah<P>Don't songs have a new meaning before and after??????????<P><P>------------------<BR>*heartache*<BR>"Loyalty Is A Two Way Street"<BR>
Posted By: Sweetpea Re: THEME SONG? SUGGESTIONS PLEASE... - 11/09/99 05:10 AM
All last year, the song that kept running through my head was "Let Me Be There" by Olivia Newton-John.<P>Wherever you go; wherever you may wander in your life;<BR>Surely you know; I'll always wanna be there;<BR>Holding your hand; Standing by to catch you when you fall;<BR>Seeing you through; In everything you do.<P>Let me be there in your mornings; Let me be there in your nights<BR>Let me change whatever's wrong; And make it right;<BR>Let me lead you through the wonderland that only two can share;<BR>All I ask you is let me be there.
Posted By: new_beginning Re: THEME SONG? SUGGESTIONS PLEASE... - 11/09/99 05:13 AM
My H's and my song was (and this shoulda been a big hint that we're a bit on the odd side) <P>The Eagles<P>"I Can't Tell You Why"<P>We used to play it over, and over on his (egad! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] ) 8-track in his Camaro.... ah, those were the days!!!<P>Our theme song these days is "Oh how the Years Go By" by Amy Grant. I love the words.<P>I can't think of a personal theme song - I tried and tried last year when Traci Ulman was on Aly McBeal and suggested it - but it would definately be something PERKY and FUN and not as depressing as I am these days. I'm gonna have to think on that one!<P>Thanks for the levity, Cov, made me feel better!<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<P>Marriage: the most important contract you'll ever enter into, and the most sacred.<P><BR>
Posted By: PLEASE HELP Re: THEME SONG? SUGGESTIONS PLEASE... - 11/09/99 09:20 AM
HI ALL,<BR> Our's was (WAS because we tore it apart)<BR> Devoted by The Everly Brothers. Worst line for me NOW, oh brother this hurts!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> I'll never hurt you.<BR> I'll never lie. <BR> I'll NEVER BE UNTRUE!!!<BR> I'll never give you reason to cry.<BR> I'd be unhappy if you were blue.<BR> WOW did that HUUUUUUURRRRRRTTTTT. OUCH!!<P> Now for something more optimistic!!<BR> I think the PERFECT theme song for this place would be"<BR> THE NEXT TIME I FALL IN LOVE by Peter Cetera (from Chicago)<BR> <BR> Favorite line is the chorus:<BR> <BR> The next time I fall in love,<BR> I'll know better what to do.<BR> The next time I fall in love.<BR> IT WILL BE WITH YOU!!!<BR> <BR> When/if we take our vows again THIS will be our song.<BR> If not, it STILL works for me. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR><P>------------------<BR>desperate<BR>"If yesterday didn't stop today, Why should TODAY stop tomorrow??" <BR>"Wisdom is why!!"<P>
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums