Marriage Builders
Posted By: yes_dup375 Another Prayer Request: Very Sad! - 11/15/99 04:14 AM
Hey guys. I know I haven't been hanging around much lately. I've just been very busy. I have a prayer request for you, and it is very sad.<P>Those of you who are teachers or who have friends and family who are teachers, know the bond they have with one another. Well, I am a teacher, and today we lost one of our own to a horrible tragedy.<P>I work at the same elementary school my husband went to and still work with some of his teachers. One of his teachers, who is still there, lost her daughter today to domestic violence. Her daughter was also a teacher in the same county. My husband grew up with her and I was just getting to know her.<P>Evidently, she and her husband had been seperated for several months. He came to her mother's house where she has been staying and shot her and then killed himself. She was only 31 years old. <P>Carolyn, her mother, is a very sweet woman, great teacher, and very dear to me and my husband. She and her husband are obviously going through something horrible. I ask for your prayers for her, her husband, and their two other children. Also, pray for Cindy, that she is at peace in heaven. Earth lost an awesome teacher today, and Heaven gained an angel. <P>Finally, if you or someone you know is dealing with domestic violence, get help. Don't let what happened to Cindy, happen again. Your prayers are deeply appreciated.
Posted By: new_beginning Re: Another Prayer Request: Very Sad! - 11/15/99 05:05 AM
Prayers going up right now...<P>That's very sad, and we hear about this kind of thing WAY too much!!<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<P>Marriage: the most important contract you'll ever enter into, and the most sacred.<P><BR>
Posted By: Sheba Re: Another Prayer Request: Very Sad! - 11/15/99 05:49 AM
Oh Hurtone -<P>This is awful....what a horrible thing.<P>Of course, prayers to both families and to friends...<P>Hugs,<P>Sheba
Posted By: Empty Shell Re: Another Prayer Request: Very Sad! - 11/15/99 06:00 AM
So very sad. My Thoughts and prayers go out to the families.<P>God Bless
Posted By: bonnet Re: Another Prayer Request: Very Sad! - 11/15/99 06:06 AM
To Hurtone,<P>I don't really know how to pray, but I do talk to God quite a bit. <P>What's happened is so sad, and my heart goes out to everyone affected by this tragedy.<P>I'll talk to my God and ask for his help for you all.<P>Please take care, and my thoughts are with you.<P>Jo
Posted By: Kat1 Re: Another Prayer Request: Very Sad! - 11/15/99 06:43 AM
Adding my prayers.<P>I agree with everybody. we hear about this kind of tragedy way to often, and it shouldn't even exist.<P>Kat
Posted By: yes_dup375 Re: Another Prayer Request: Very Sad! - 11/15/99 12:02 PM
Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers. You are right, we do hear about this sort of thing way too often. Sometimes I just wonder what is going on in this world we live in.
Posted By: lostva Re: Another Prayer Request: Very Sad! - 11/15/99 01:07 PM
Adding my prayers as well...<P>Lori
Posted By: yes_dup375 Re: Another Prayer Request: Very Sad! - 11/16/99 12:36 AM
Thanks for all your thoughts. I have since learned that the family was there at the time of the shooting. This is just horrible. I also forgot to mention that she has a six year old son, who as of this morning had not been told. Please pray for him as well.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums