Marriage Builders
Posted By: PeterH Update... - 01/17/00 08:47 PM
Well, for those who read my previous post about "Advice..help..", things are not going well.<P>I had a bit of encouragement at the end of last week because she finally responded to a couple of e-mails I sent her. They were lighthearted e-mails, with a touch of "I miss you" at the end. She didn't respond in kind (her replies were very casual, distant friend-like), but she did respond.<P>She went house-sitting this weekend. One of her e-mails said she hadn't called me because she was still in a state of emotional shock and thought. She said she would call when she returned. No call has come yet. <P>I sent a few more e-mails her way...telling her I missed her, and that I wasn't judging her for what happened, and so on. She's read them...but no reply again.<P>I'm just confused as to what to do next. I have NO idea if this other guy is still around (she claimed it was a one-time thing...but who knows), or if she's just decided to move on and can't tell me. I half expect to find a package in the mail with a letter and the ring and somesuch...I just don't know.<P>Any advice?<BR>
Posted By: covenant Re: Update... - 01/17/00 09:37 PM
Peter-learn from my mistakes.<BR>DO NOT PUSH<BR>DO NOT CHASE<BR>WAIT....<BR>I know the pain it sucks- really bad.<P>but, if you take YOU out of the picture and try to fulfill her needs When you see her and nothing else - and allow her to decide.<P>I am coming to the grips on a daily basis what I have done to our marriage and the pain I have caused. Have you read any of the lit. form this site -or have you tried <A HREF="http://www.divorcebusting.com" TARGET=_blank>www.divorcebusting.com</A> ? A wealth of info there.<P>There is nothing we can do, except work on ourselves - thats it. It is a very hard lesson to realize, but I have realized it - today.<P>take care.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums