Marriage Builders
I am a former regular on the Infidelity boards (we survived and recently celebrated our 25th anniversary, but that's another story). I could use some advice. My 20 year old daughter recently married and moved overseas (her husband is in the Army). She has been expressing suicidal thoughts to me very frequently, by email and over the phone. I have encouraged her to find a counselor and/or doctor (she also has endometriosis and I have wondered if there is some kind of hormonal connection to her depression). She has not made any close friends in the 6 months she has lived on the base. I have talked to her husband and he wants to help, but he is also very young and is often paralyzed by her mood swings and just doesn't know what to do.

I hate it when she calls or emails me and is so obviously in despair. What should I say to her? Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Do you know what base she is stationed to?

Each base should have access to family services. They are trained to deal with these situations.

I have found a toll free number for the army information line. This is not a recruiting #. I'm hoping that they can direct you to family services / counseling services for army spouses.

The #: 1 (800) 833-6622.

I hope this helps.
Also Try: www.myarmylifetoo.com

Good Luck.

Let me know if this helps!
One more: http://www.militaryonesource.com/skins/MOS/home.aspx

This links to army counceling services: among other things!

Contact these centers and tell them your concerns!

Stay Strong!
Thanks so much for your help. It is greatly appreciated!
Did that info get you where you needed to go?

If not, put out a call to MortorMan on the GQII board. He is a retired JAG and will be more likely to be able to help you!

Good Luck and God Bless!
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums