Marriage Builders
Posted By: khobdy honey moon time - 05/14/09 12:40 PM
My fiance and I plan to get married soon. We are wondering how much time during our one week honeymoon would be reasonable to have private intimate time away from talking to our children on the phone then. He has a 19 year old daughter with fetal alcohol syndrome who lives in a group home, and I have a 19 year old daughter and son. He also has a 18 year old foster son.
I feel we should have most of this time alone, unless it is a real emergency. He does not agree. He feels like talking on the phone with the children would not really interfere, especially his daughter.
Posted By: chanelin Re: honey moon time - 05/14/09 11:23 PM
I would think that it's reasonable for him to want to talk to the children, once in a while. Not too many times of course. Other times he could switch off his mobile, of course the main thing is both of you (:
Posted By: kilted_thrower Re: honey moon time - 05/15/09 04:14 PM
I don't understand what the issue is with talking to family on the phone during the honeymoon.
Posted By: CWMI Re: honey moon time - 05/15/09 04:31 PM
Are you having trouble with his relationship with his daughter?

Posted By: catperson Re: honey moon time - 05/15/09 10:37 PM
Who is staying with them while you're gone?
Posted By: CWMI Re: honey moon time - 05/16/09 07:46 AM
They're all adults, cat.
Posted By: catperson Re: honey moon time - 05/16/09 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by canwemakeit
They're all adults, cat.
Exactly. Then why would someone on a honeymoon have to be in contact with them every day? A honeymoon is for focusing on the newlyweds, not the families back home.
Posted By: CWMI Re: honey moon time - 05/16/09 12:01 PM
I think the real question is, why would they even be discussing whether or not to phone their adult children while on their honeymoon? Wouldn't that be something that *might* come up during the honeymoon if one or the other picked up the phone?

It must be an overall point of contention already, that's why I asked whether she had a problem with his relationship with his daughter.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums