Marriage Builders
Posted By: RMW Abuse & neglect - 07/04/16 09:02 AM
I'm in the process of trying to get away from an extremely bad relationship. We were divorced before - he was an angry alcoholic. He'said been dry for a year & 4 mos, so I agreed to try everything but sex. Only to find out he is a dry drunk. I need prayers for safety from his anger fits & to make it out safe while he is away to keep from further destruction of my belongings - and a safe affordable place to live along with a job I can hold out through full-time to be totally independent. I know it's a lot, but I've tried for the past 7mos & He's stopped seeing his counselor & started being angry with everyone for everything even worse. I pray for God's intervention & know not to give my ex another chance. This was his third one. Thanks for your prayers.
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: Abuse & neglect - 07/05/16 11:05 AM
pray
Posted By: AskMe Re: Abuse & neglect - 07/05/16 11:13 AM
I have heard your prayers and lifted them up to God with others. May God intervene in the requests you have made.

In Jesus name, Amen
Posted By: nmwb77 Re: Abuse & neglect - 07/06/16 04:16 PM
I prayed for you.
Posted By: azlightsout Re: Abuse & neglect - 07/27/16 04:09 PM
Prayers sent - AMEN
Posted By: RMW Re: Abuse & neglect - 06/22/17 08:04 AM
Thank you all for your prayers in the past. He did begin turning around and started treating me better. But since he got his license back he has started getting back to his old ways. Right now I can't leave because I have nowhere else to go & am still not able to work. I need help but don't know who to turn to. No family or friends to turn to. My family is worse than he is. My best times of a day are when he is out blowing the streets & I'm in the house alone. All of our old friends were alcoholics & I don't associate with them anymore. I don't want to turn back to alcohol myself to try & numb up from time to time. That would be a disaster in my life. As far as I know, he still isn't drinking but it's almost like he's a woman hater & since I stopped jumping at his every whim & just started blocking him out to protect my health & sanity he definetely hates me. I don't hate him, but I desperately need emotional support and all the prayers anyone could spare. I don't know what to do & my nerves have gotton so bad until I'm back on meds for stress seizures. Any words of wisdom, support & prayers for this relationship would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. And thank you all ahead of time for anything you can spare. Help, I'm begging
RMW
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: Abuse & neglect - 06/22/17 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by RMW
Thank you all for your prayers in the past. He did begin turning around and started treating me better. But since he got his license back he has started getting back to his old ways. Right now I can't leave because I have nowhere else to go & am still not able to work. I need help but don't know who to turn to. No family or friends to turn to. My family is worse than he is. My best times of a day are when he is out blowing the streets & I'm in the house alone. All of our old friends were alcoholics & I don't associate with them anymore. I don't want to turn back to alcohol myself to try & numb up from time to time. That would be a disaster in my life. As far as I know, he still isn't drinking but it's almost like he's a woman hater & since I stopped jumping at his every whim & just started blocking him out to protect my health & sanity he definetely hates me. I don't hate him, but I desperately need emotional support and all the prayers anyone could spare. I don't know what to do & my nerves have gotton so bad until I'm back on meds for stress seizures. Any words of wisdom, support & prayers for this relationship would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. And thank you all ahead of time for anything you can spare. Help, I'm begging
RMW
Can you go to a local women's shelter?
Posted By: Prisca Re: Abuse & neglect - 06/23/17 04:02 PM
Go to a women's shelter and ask them for help.
Some churches offer help to women in your situation. Start visiting around at local churches and see who can help.
Posted By: goody2shoes Re: Abuse & neglect - 07/09/17 10:21 PM
How are you doing? Did you contact a women's shelter?
Posted By: RMW Re: Abuse & neglect - 11/25/17 09:30 PM
The woman's shelter here don't work very well. I've been working on exercises given to me way back again. I'm finally able to do more than I have in a long time -as long as I keep doing them.
I go Monday to a community college close by to talk to a guidance counselor to see what hope I can find in jobs & training to help me get free. He is giving me a hard time about sex, but I just can't do it anymore. He was saying he would work with me (again) on Dr. Harley's program, but he would work just long enough to get sex & then quit again. He finally admitted about a week ago that he wouldn't do the program at all.
I'm hoping & praying for good news from the guidance counselor. I am afraid but going anyway. I do have a list of numbers from someone I met but haven't had a chance to get up with any of them yet - just got it this week.
I have to leave here to call any of them. He doesn't know about the list but watches everything I do now.
I have moved some of the things I will need out & hid them into an empty closet at my haircutter's place. There's no more room & I can't push too hard on anyone.
I'll have to check out what help I can find while I'm out to the college Monday.
I'm also afraid because insurance on the car is coming up quick, I have to go back to the Dr on th 1st, tags come up in March & my license has to be renewed shortly after. So money will definitely be an issue regardless of whether I'm here or not. Still nowhere to move - no money if I did & getting the things I paid for & will need out of here - just leaving anything I won't need whether I bought it out of my inheritance or not. The people I know in this town are two faced so there is nowhere to turn even for a hug. My haircutter is male so the storage is ok but hugs are out. He just woke up..gotta go
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Abuse & neglect - 11/26/17 05:29 PM
RMW, why not start a thread about your situation over on the Dating/Relationships forum and getting feedback from posters? It sounds like you have some occupational issues and maybe we could help.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums