Marriage Builders
Posted By: abrrba Prayer request for my mother - 05/27/17 05:49 PM
I ask for the wonderful people here to please say a prayer for my mother.

My mother has been battling multiple myeloma for ten years. She has fortunately always responded well to chemotherapy, and there was always a new drug available when the cancer would become resistant.

The Monday after mother's day, she developed a high fever, and she was hospitalized with pneumonia, a common complication of myeloma. It turns out the myeloma has progressed rapidly in the last month. It has caused severe impact to her kidneys, which in turn has caused mental confusion and disorientation, and irregular heartbeat and fibrillation.

They will start her on dialysis today, followed by a new chemo regiment tomorrow. The head of hematology has told us that she has a small chance of recovery. All myeloma cases, at some point, become resistant to treatment. My mother may have reached that stage, we'll know in the next few weeks, at most.

My brother flew up from Florida last night to help my father and I. This has been difficult for my father, who has been devoted to caring for her for ten years.

Between WW's A and the D, and now my mother's poor prognosis, this has been a he77 of a year so far. frown

Your prayers are welcome and appreciated.
Posted By: AskMe Re: Prayer request for my mother - 05/31/17 11:05 AM
Father I pray for the mother battling myeloma. I pray you will lay your comforting hand upon her. Lord we have to trust you for whatever happens and know that you are always with you. God bless this family, heal them and bring restoration as needed in Jesus name, Amen
Posted By: abrrba Re: Prayer request for my mother - 05/31/17 04:03 PM
AskMe, thank you so much for your prayer. The end is near for her, as the cancer no longer responds to treatment. They are keeping her comfortable in her last days.

I take some solace that she will soon be with God. I pray that He watches over my father, to ease his pain and comfort him.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Prayer request for my mother - 06/01/17 03:13 AM
God bless you and your family, abrrba. pray
Posted By: abrrba Re: Prayer request for my mother - 06/01/17 03:52 AM
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
God bless you and your family, abrrba. pray

Thank you, MelodyLane, for the prayers. I feel blessed that you and
the other kind souls on the MB forum have helped me so much these last few months. You have been a God-send.

I am sitting vigil with my mother tonight. The nurses are doing a great job of keeping her comfortable, and she is sleeping peacefully at the moment. That is the most I can ask at this time.
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: Prayer request for my mother - 06/01/17 01:00 PM
pray
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums