Marriage Builders
Posted By: yes_dup524 Trying to decide - 01/18/00 05:58 AM
I'v nver been to this part of the forum before but I lurk around and read many topics in the infidelity board. I am really trying to decide if I should go on with this marriage. I think after 8 months of beating my head up aganist a brick wall I almost feel like I can't go on with this anymore. For my kids I would like to save my marriage but husband won't do anything. (needs his space) But the love is going. along with the respect and everything else.Everyone says pray to god for the answer. I've tried. My faith is waviering. Maybe I need everyones strengh right now. Please pray for me and my kids that my husband will see in his heart that divorce is not the answer, family and commitment and god are what will get us through.<P>Thanks Deb
Posted By: istilovehim Re: Trying to decide - 01/18/00 07:03 AM
hi Deb..<BR>I've new to this forum too. I was just desperate and it is a comfort to see that we aren't the only ones going through this. I've been "beating my head against a wall" for 2 years. It is just awful. And my friends all think I'm crazy for wanting him back...I understand. Let's all pray for each other.
Posted By: Paul Moyers Re: Trying to decide - 01/19/00 08:19 PM
Dumpedwife: I offer this, not a prayer for your H to "see" anything, but for you to see. I offer a prayer for God to help you and give you strength. To live, to breath, to hold on, to love your kids, to do what it is God wants you to do. I also will ask that he give you peace in this time of need, peace to think, to act, to love, to forgive, to move up in His name.<P>Good Luck and God Bless<P>------------------<BR>1Co:2:4: And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:<BR>1Co:2:5: That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
Posted By: emani Re: Trying to decide - 01/20/00 01:44 AM
Our most gracious Heavenly Father,<P>We thank you for being the God and Father of our salvation. We thank you that you are attentive to our cries for help; for comfort, even for peace. We're grateful to you lord for your never ending love and how you care for us so very much. We know lord that we are not deserving of your goodness but because of your unrelenting love for us, because you chose us, you've continually shown mercy on us. You are our most dearest friend; our first love lord and for all these things, we thank you.<BR>Father, there are so many here on this forum who's lives are being torn apart because of the selfish needs and desires of others. Marriages and families are being destroyed by the enemy; deception is running rampant within the hearts and minds of our loved ones. Father we ask in the name of Jesus that you step in take control of each and every situation; we pray that you pour out an overpowering spirit of conviction upon their hearts that bring change and renewal. Your word encourages us not to be conformed to this world but be to be transformed, changed by the renewing of our minds. Your word brings new life; your word brings peace; your word gives hope, father and teaches us to trust you more. Help us father to hold on to you while you prune the hearts and minds of our loved ones, ridding them of all sinful behavior; bringing them to the place of true repentance; take back what belongs to you lord; reclaim the souls and hearts of those who you gave your only son for. Lord, we need you; we cannot make it through the storms that are now tossing us to and fro without you; those storms that are testing our faith; give us your strength father to be the soldiers that you have called us to be. Your word tells us that your strength is made perfect in weakness; father we are weak; Equip us with a fresh anointing of your holy spirit which is enables us to stand even during the midst our storms. Father, I lift up this dear sister to you; asking that you restore to her the joy of your salvation. Praying father that you encourage her heart to trust you alone to repair the damage that the enemy has caused; to reconcile the heart of her husband first back to you then father to his wife. Your word instructs husbands to love their wives as Christ loves the church and gave his life for it; this is the greatest love of all lord. Lead her into that perfect, supernatural peace that only you can provide father bringing her rest for her weariness. Teach her how to focus her thoughts on you for you promise in your word that if we delight ourselves in you, you will give us the desire of our hearts; help her to believe in the promises that you've made in your word; your word promises that whatever we ask in prayer according to your will, believing that we've recieved it and not doubt that you will give it; you tell us that you hate divorce and so does this sister, Lord so father we're trusting you with our whole hearts and believing that your word rings true when you say that you will perfect that which concerns us. We thank you lord for lending your ear to our concerns; although these situations bring pain and sorrow, father, more than anything they draw us closer to you; thank you for showing us true love in your person; thank you that you are a forgiving God. Thank you lord that no weapon formed against us will prosper; we know that the enemy is no match for you, Lord. You are our sovereign God; there is nothing that you cannot do. We rest in the promises of your word; we trust in your unfailing love and we thank you. In the name of Jesus and for his sake, amen.<P>My sister I've been where you are. God has begun a great work in my marriage. My husband left me for another woman. We were separated for over a year but I continued to pray to the Lord; I would not allow the enemy to keep me bound to bitterness; the pain is still here, but not as much. I continued to seek God's face; his mind concerning my marriage; then it happened; he began calling me; leaving me messages because at the time I wasn't ready to talk to him; but God pursued him as I asked; he would not let up on him. I asked the lord to trouble that relationship and he did; I would constantly keep my husband before God. I kept wondering if my prayers were reaching the most high; I had no contact with my H and we don't have children. But God in his faithfulness showed me that he heard all my cries; he showed me that he was working all things together for my good; we're now trusting the Lord to renew our marriage. It's not over yet. I still have my setbacks from time to time, but the one thing that I've learned and that is to truly trust God, no matter what I'm feeling; believe in what you're asking him for and he will grant it. I've continually lifted up those on the forum in prayer and I've read of how God has worked miracles in their marriages. Just continue to trust in God. He is a rewarder to them that diligently seek him.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums