Marriage Builders
Posted By: Alcoholic's Wife What God CAN do. . . . . . . . - 02/17/01 05:02 PM
Our God is a God of miracles....<BR> <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum37/HTML/007629.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum37/HTML/007629.html</A>
Posted By: skye Re: What God CAN do. . . . . . . . - 02/18/01 02:31 AM
AW,<P> Thank you sincerely, for posting your wonderful news. I really<BR> needed to see your post.<P> Standing is such a long difficult journey, that I so welcome<BR> hearing praise reports from someone who has started to see the<BR> harvest.<P> I have been "standing" for my marriage for a long time, and over<BR> the last year, I have finally started to see God's hand work a<BR> miracle in opening a crack in the brick wall, that surrounds my<BR> xH's heart.<P> Through God's grace, there has been some family healing,<BR> though absolutely no marriage healing yet.<P> I feel so discouraged. Thank you for reminding me that God can<BR> turn ANYONE'S heart, no matter how far in the wilderness<BR> they've wandered.<P> <P> Your title says it all...Never Give Up...<P> God bless you,<P> ~skye~ <p>[This message has been edited by skye (edited February 18, 2001).]
Posted By: Committed Re: What God CAN do. . . . . . . . - 04/08/01 06:20 AM
AW,<P>Praise the Lord!! I haven't written for some time, but have still been praying for you. Only God can do miracles like you have experienced. I will continue in prayer for you and your husband and family. <P>You responded to my posts several times last summer/fall.<P>In October, my H. asked about counseling, and we attended a Marriage Enrichment weekend by FAmily LIfe.<BR>He began attending and joined another church, while I continued my job as Music director of the church we both had attended before the A. He also enjoys alcohol which does worry me. Likes to visit bars and chat. This is very hard for me to deal with. I am trying to be patient, pray, and have asked God to help me be the person I should be to my H. and my grown children who are still floundering in life.<P>We will begin looking for a new place to live, as our apt. is the one I had prior to our marriage. This was not a good idea, as he felt 'out'. He is very nice, but not at all affection. A goodnight 'peck'. He is still in the apt. he rented when he thought he would have a new wife. Is this the reason? Should I dare ask him? I feel certain I am to be patient. Should I also be quiet? <P>Last evening he attended a dinner theater in town. I found out this eve from a friend. He knows I love theater. She did not know if there was anyone else there. I am hurt because I referred to last evening earlier today (before I found out) and he said nothing about it. <P>I am so frightened that it is hard to plan for a new place, etc. <P>Please add me again to your prayer list. Of course I am so grateful to the Lord for the changes thus far. I just want to do His will, as I am entering the last third of life, likely. <P>God bless you and keep blessing youand yours!!!<P>committed
Posted By: gentle Re: What God CAN do. . . . . . . . - 04/08/01 04:29 PM
AW,<P>Thanks so much for your praise report. Thanks for giving God all the glory! We do serve an awesome God.<P>I replyed to the post so it would be at the top in the hopes that many more would read it. So many say well this is great but my situation is different. The divorce has been filed or is final or my husband said he will never come home. AW's story and others here tell the TRUTH.<BR>Our Father can and will do anything for those that seek Him.<BR>He is not afraid of our divorces or what if's. Jesus has called us to a ministry of reconcilation. God doesn't want Satan to destory any marriage or family but we must humble ourselves and turn to Him for the healing of our marriage.<BR>Praise God there are so many here that are doing that.Let's remember we are to share the truth. Our God can do anything!<BR>We must restore them gently but we are to let God use us to restore them. May we all reach someone hurting from the pain of separation or divorce today with the encouragemnt we have in Christ Jesus. I truly love you all.<P>In Him,<BR>gentle
Posted By: Alcoholic's Wife Re: What God CAN do. . . . . . . . - 04/10/01 04:23 AM
AMEN gentle! Our God is a mighty, awesome God! With God, nothing is impossible, even restoring a marriage that looks, by the world's standards, doomed for failure. <P>Psalm 27:14<BR>"Wait patiently for the LORD. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the LORD." <P>Psalm 62:5<BR>"My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him."
Posted By: REJECTED Re: What God CAN do. . . . . . . . - 04/10/01 09:20 PM
Amen!!!!!<P>The Psalms give me such comfort! Thanks gentle for bringing the post back up. My patience and hope sometimes drops. I know that I can't do it myself and must leave it at the foot of Jesus.<P>Keeping you all in my prayers.<BR>Petrie
Posted By: Alcoholic's Wife Re: What God CAN do. . . . . . . . - 04/11/01 04:26 AM
Heavenly Father, all praise, glory and honor is unto You for all the blessings You have poured out upon us. Lord, I thank You for being a great presence in Committed's life, for being there for her to lean on. Help her Lord, to continue to lean on You and not on her own understanding. Father, I pray that You will intervene in her marriage and her husband's life. According to Your Will and purpose, I pray for the restoration and healing of this marriage, in Jesus' name. By the authority of the blood of Jesus Christ I take back what the enemy has stolen from Committed, and bind up the strongman and spoil his house. Father, fill Committed's husband with a deep longing for You and Your Word. Let him hunger and thirst after You, Lord. Father, I pray that You will turn Committed's husband's heart, as his heart is in the hand of the Lord, like a watercourse, You turns it whichever way You please. Thank You Lord, for the Holy Spirit conviction being poured out on Committed's husband. Father, in Jesus name and for Your glory I pray, AMEN.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums