Marriage Builders
Posted By: Morriggs Please Pray - 05/30/02 05:25 AM
I am such a mess today. So much has happened this weekend. And the last was Sunday night. Denny talked to me when I took the kids home. He said I was not to ask the kids anything about him or his friend. It was none of my business. Also said if he had a choice between marrying me again and staying single, he would remain single. He said he is finally happy and can't be with me because he wasn't happy the 17+ years we were together. He again made sure I understood we are to have no contact except for the kids. The kids have been complaining about him and his parenting skills and the things he no longer does for them because he is never home. He asked them in front of me if they had a problem with the way he does things and they said no. I never told Denny what they said because I didn't want to betray them. But I am so hurt by what Denny has said. He really means this, he is happy and I am not sure if I can go on anymore. I want the pain to stop. I feel so hurt and betrayed even by my kids.
Posted By: faith-hope-love Re: Please Pray - 05/31/02 10:33 PM
Oh Morriggs, I feel for you I really do! Men say the most hurtful things, to make themselves feel better about what they are doing! He really is talking bull about him being un-happy in your 17+ yr relationship "believe me on that one". Your kids will feel torn they are not betraying you! Most likely they just want Mom and Dad back together.
All I can suggest is keep on praying the Lord will give you the strength you need to keep on going, read the bible and attend church. Maybe get some counselling through church, I know that has helped me.
Hope this helps a little.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums