Marriage Builders
As some of you may be getting to me, I am in the process of a divorce (pretrail 2/17 regarding financial assets, we don't talk much.) I filed first but, I don't want the divorce and God's my only hope to restore our marriage. (Plan "B" last 10 months seeing a counselor still on-going.) I just found out that his mother passed away today. I am estranged from my husband's entire family. I want to reach out to him. I want to comfort and be comforted by my him. (But his needs are the issue in this. I am not welcome by my H or his family and I will not intrude on their greif. I will send him a card but I'm not sure if I should make another gesture. Any ideas, advice, or suggestions??? All are MOST WELCOME...PLEASE?

<small>[ January 30, 2004, 03:11 AM: Message edited by: gfranco ]</small>
gfranco,
First, my condolences to you and your H's family. Although I am not in your situ, regarding the passing of a loved one, today is my W's b'day. In the past she has asked (and then told) me NO MORE GIFTS, CARDS, etc. So I prayed last night and asked for God to show me in a dream (or something) of what I should do today. His silence tells me to leave her to Him.
So all I can tell you in this is PRAY, PRAY, PRAY for God to guide you.

"Father, we pray today for gfranco's mother-in-law who passed away yesterday. We pray that she is enjoying Your Glory in Heaven and that another saint is looking down towards us here and is interceding for us in our prayers.
We ask that you enlighted grfanco to make the proper gesture towards her in-laws. One that is respectful and shows her love and sympathy, while not stirring any feelings of anger and hurt with her husband.
This we ask through Your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen."

Love and Peace in Christ,
ttsmm
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums