Marriage Builders
Posted By: waiting in OK Loss of Trust - 11/14/99 02:49 AM
About 15 mths ago husband was arrested (3 nights in jail) our daughter has some injuries and when I asked what happened she said that Daddy had pushed her(5 yrs old). Later she said she tripped. Last week he left our home, has scheduled an appt with an attorney and refuses to discuss reconciliation. I scheduled an appt with marriage counselor, he refuses to go w/ or w/o me. Says he can't trust me and only a matter of time before I send him back. Help, what is really going on here?
Posted By: Tiny Baby Re: Loss of Trust - 11/14/99 07:01 PM
I am completely confused by your post. What was your husband arrested for, and what does this have to do with your daughter? Did you call the police because you thought he had injured her? If you even remotely think that he has been harming her, why on earth would you want to reconcile with him? Why would you want to put your daughter at risk like that? It is common for children to change their stories if they think they are going to get a parent in trouble. I would believe what she said first, that he had pushed her. You're the one who shouldn't trust him.
Posted By: MaryBB Re: Loss of Trust - 11/16/99 04:15 AM
Please keep him away from your daughter. He needs individual therapy (and maybe jail time) to deal with his abusive beahavior. If he makes progress there, then maybe your marriage has a chance. God bless you.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums