Marriage Builders
Posted By: HaloHeart Family Night - 12/31/00 08:51 PM
Every Thurs. nite our family designate the evening for "Family Night." We get the kids from school, and go do something. Rather it is the park, skating, bike riding, bowling, or just staying home. We read, do puzzles, play game boards, draw or color. We either go out to eat or order a pizza in. We do not answer the phone, no video games, internet, or watch TV. We talk, and spend good quality time together. Sometimes we have wrestling matches, and pair up as a team. We at least spend 4 hrs. of being together, and noone else interfering with our night.
Posted By: LUVBUG Re: Family Night - 04/11/01 08:51 PM
Sounds wonderful!!
Posted By: Bubba O' Riley Re: Family Night - 08/10/02 02:34 PM
This is a great way to increase the love your family shares.

There are several relegions that promote family night as well.

Do a search on the internet and you will find all kinds of ideas and suggestions.

The important thing is to pick a day and stick with it.

We have activies, songs, lessons, plan future events, including meals, We coordinate schedules and have family prayer together.

Brings us closer as a family. Gives us unity.
Posted By: hubiscous Re: Family Night - 10/30/06 10:51 AM
Our children are 7 and 4 so eating in the living room on the white carpet is a big no no and they know it.

On our family night (here lately) we put out a blanket in the living room and eat veggies and dip and strawberries and dip. They feel like they are breaking the law and it's a real blast for them.

I like that idea of no phones on family night. I can't tell you how bad I hate the phone and the TV. It rips some families apart!
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums