Marriage Builders
I don't know whether this would be better in the Family Fun section or not, if it would be, mods/admin feel free to move it.

Recreation is something that my wife and I need, but don't get a lot of together. We have a 2 year old boy which somewhat complicates things. We're having a hard enough time trynig to come up with similar interests in things we can do together, but becuase we don't know a lot of people in our area and our families live so far away, getting a babysitter for the day/weekend is tough. We partially have a hard time leaving him with anybody, especially someone who isn't family, and definitely someone we don't/haven't known personally for a long time.

My question is, does anybody have any ideas for love-building recreational activities for spouses that would be appropriate with a 2 year old in tow? I know having a child along won't allow the mood to get as romantic, but right now I think we'll take what we can get.
You can go hiking at a park with him in a baby backpack. He might fall asleep and give you two time to "smooch" in the woods.
My husband and I have a three year old and we just moved to a new area so I know how you feel You end up doing a whole lot more at home than going out. You don't have to go out and spend money to do something romantic. We take one night a week, keep the kid up from his nap and put him to bed early and cook dinner together. We try to do a recipe that we have never done before so it makes it interesting as well as fun.

Something else to consider about childcare.. Is there any colleges in your area? A lot of students who are getting early childhood development degrees get credits for the hours they watch children. You might want to look up the local college ads and interview a few students. I know this has helped us get out from time to time. We have met a few great girls who love children. Just a thought
What kind of things do you and your wife normally like to do together? The other day my husband and I went to watch a college baseball game ... there were lots of little kids there playing around on the hillsides next to the baseball field and it was pretty inexpensive.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums