Marriage Builders
Posted By: freshstart Simple pleasures - 11/03/01 07:21 AM
holding hands<p>eye contact...for a long time..just gazing into H's eyes<p>staring at him while he sleeps<p>stroking his hair while he sleeps or when he is sad<p>remembering funny or special times in the past<p>buying some roses and strewing the petals around the hotel room...boy, did that ever work great! I did it for him!!<p>forgiving myself for a very stupid affair...
finding a new life because H forgave me and still loved me somehow...<p>making love to music--once just after making love, we heard music outside..we have a gazebo very close to house..it was a trio playing wind instruments...a perfect end to a perfect time together <p>Saturday mornings! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: sufficientgrace Re: Simple pleasures - 03/13/02 08:13 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by freshstart:
<strong>holding hands<p>eye contact...for a long time..just gazing into H's eyes<p>staring at him while he sleeps<p>stroking his hair while he sleeps or when he is sad<p>remembering funny or special times in the past<p>buying some roses and strewing the petals around the hotel room...boy, did that ever work great! I did it for him!!<p>forgiving myself for a very stupid affair...
finding a new life because H forgave me and still loved me somehow...<p>making love to music--once just after making love, we heard music outside..we have a gazebo very close to house..it was a trio playing wind instruments...a perfect end to a perfect time together <p>Saturday mornings! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] </strong><hr></blockquote><p>you seem to take pleasure in giving, protecting, and things that you interpret as being close.<p>"stupid" however is a self-judgement which will limit your ability to do all of the above.
Posted By: freshstart Re: Simple pleasures - 03/14/02 12:45 AM
Kasey, hi again! I agree. It took me EONS to forgive myself. I didn't even consider forgiving OM (except at first but I was advised not to worry about it) since I beat myself up so badly. Of course, I will ALWAYS regret my mistake but although I hope never ever to repeat it, so much good has stemmed out of the aftermath--as far as learning who I really am, becoming a better me, understanding more about life thru the school of hard knocks, etc.<p>The amazing thing is that one day not that terribly long ago I just woke up and realized all of a sudden that I had forgiven OM (this was awhile after finally forgiving myself) <p>I suppose if anything, it should only make me that much more grateful for all the pleasures H and I can share because H gave me a second chance and forgiveness flooded in various directions!
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums