Marriage Builders
Posted By: Stoney Anniversary # 15 and #18 - 08/17/04 02:15 PM
On our 15th anniversary 3 years ago I purchased several small gifts (flowers, wine etc.) and made a dinner which I knew she would enjoy. In the breezeway on the pool table when she walked from the garage into the house she found the several small gifts, a card, and a list of all the traditional gifts for each year of marriage (1st year paper 2nd year wood etc.) and a sample of all the 15 items on the list.
On the 18th this past June 14th I learned several love songs which I played and sang to her on our anniversary night. She was so moved she melted and had me play the same ones again and sang along the second time even when she didn't know all the words. They were MY versions.(I can't sing as high as Percy Sledge did on "When a man loves a woman" e.g.) but they were good renditions. It was heartening for me also.
Their getting better.
Posted By: Georgina Re: Anniversary # 15 and #18 - 03/13/06 11:05 AM
Find me a woman who is not impressed with this kind of romance! We don't need jewellery or other expensive gifts (nice though they are sometimes) but something that comes straight from the heart.

I might have to print this one out for my H.

Well done.

Georgina
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums