Marriage Builders
Posted By: MrsS Secret things... - 03/04/11 04:15 AM
I finally can move on from what I have been struggling with this past year since July 2010. I've been praying and asking for it too and got what I need from the LORD to no longer keep trying to find out about those deleted sent messages my husband sent to her. The scripture that really help me stop searching for ways to retrieve them is found in Deuteronomy 29:29, "The secret things belong to the LORD our GOD, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law." With that, I received the boost to leave it with GOD and let HIM reveal it if I need to know. Now I can put my being into HIM as HE gives us the tools we need to work on our marriage:) Each day I'm learning something new so I'm not going to keep it to myself but share it. Thank you LORD!
Posted By: maritalbliss Re: Secret things... - 07/15/12 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by MrsS
I finally can move on from what I have been struggling with this past year since July 2010. I've been praying and asking for it too and got what I need from the LORD to no longer keep trying to find out about those deleted sent messages my husband sent to her. The scripture that really help me stop searching for ways to retrieve them is found in Deuteronomy 29:29, "The secret things belong to the LORD our GOD, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law." With that, I received the boost to leave it with GOD and let HIM reveal it if I need to know. Now I can put my being into HIM as HE gives us the tools we need to work on our marriage:) Each day I'm learning something new so I'm not going to keep it to myself but share it. Thank you LORD!
I just re-read this, and this scripture has NOTHING to do with a man being unfaithful to his wife and marriage. I hope you are doing well, MrsS. And I hope you have enough sense to care for your marriage by confirming your husband's fidelity.
Posted By: Jedi_Knight Re: Secret things... - 12/05/12 08:43 PM
Here is Mathew Henry's commentary on that passage of Scripture :

Moses ends his prophecy of the Jews' rejection, just as St. Paul ends his discourse on the same subject, when it began to be fulfilled, Romans 11:33. We are forbidden curiously to inquire into the secret counsels of God, and to determine concerning them. But we are directed and encouraged, diligently to seek into that which God has made known. He has kept back nothing that is profitable for us, but only that of which it is good for us to be ignorant. The end of all Divine revelation is, not to furnish curious subjects of speculation and discourse, but that we may do all the words of this law, and be blessed in our deed. This, the Bible plainly reveals; further than this, man cannot profitably go. By this light he may live and die comfortably, and be happy for ever.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums