Marriage Builders
Posted By: New&ImprovedMarylandLady Books on affairs - 09/15/04 09:29 PM
What are the best books on affairs. I am looking for something that explains the process of affairs. The predictable patterns and such. I have Not Just Friends and His Needs Her Needs. Any other suggestions?
Posted By: TDVA Re: Books on affairs - 09/15/04 09:40 PM
Harley's book in the bookstore:

Surviving an affair.

It was scary. Every page I read was either related to me or the BS. I wish I read this 4 years ago when the first A happened.
Posted By: New&ImprovedMarylandLady Re: Books on affairs - 09/15/04 11:49 PM
Thank you for your suggestion. I went out and bought that book plus After the Affair.
Posted By: Alberta Re: Books on affairs - 09/16/04 04:02 AM
After the Affair is awesome. First book I read before finding MarriageBuilders
Posted By: Bob_Pure Re: Books on affairs - 09/16/04 10:02 AM
SAA is revelatory. Surviving infidelity is a useful, unemotional analysis of affair dynamics. Veyr helpful when trying Plan A.
Torn Asunder by Dave Carder is an unusual book that does not conform dirctly with MB principles. Useful for Christians to read however. I just took delivery of HN/HN and Lovebusters but haven't read yet.
Posted By: Coasterride Re: Books on affairs - 09/16/04 10:52 AM
I have also read "not just friends" by Shirley Glass. I thought it was an excellent book. It is very research based and I thought very helpful to understand all involved in an affair. I just wish I could get my W to read it. Also the end of the book has lists of articles used for references, books to read and websites.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums