Marriage Builders
Posted By: SoLost102000 How to convince H to come back? - 02/08/06 09:03 PM
H is temporarily living w/ his mother (5 mins away) since this past Sunday to give us 'cool off' time since we are constantly fighting. I've gotten advice that he should be back at home regardless.

Any suggestion on how to approach this subject without it turning into an arguement? We have a spare room so he can stay in that until...whenever.
Posted By: DeeGee Re: How to convince H to come back? - 02/08/06 09:09 PM
Don't approach it at all. Don't beg or plea with him. Let him come back when he's ready.

None of us can force our WS to do anything they don't want to do. The best you can do is work on yourself and not LB by arguing, demands, disrespect or anger. One day at a time consistancy will be your biggest ally in him comming back to the home.
Posted By: MrWondering Re: How to convince H to come back? - 02/08/06 09:16 PM
So Lost,

JMHO (just my honest opinion)...you should cut and paste the above post to your original thread...then delete this thread and allow it to fade away. You'll get much better advice in a continuous thread with your entire story than chopping it up into separate questions.

Getting him home????? Ask him nicely and keep asking until he does it. Tell him the fighting is over. Further, don't kick him out of your marital bed. If he chooses to sleep in the other room that is his choice but don't you kick him out. I understand you're angry, upset and hurt but don't compound the problem by pushing your husband and father to your 3 year old away. The more together you are the more together you can address the issues in your marriage and rebuild. Pull your husband to you, cleave unto him...don't build more walls.

Mr. Wondering
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums