Marriage Builders
Posted By: stupidw people searches - 07/09/07 07:36 PM
I can't remember if it was this site or not, but at one point I ran across a website that if you input a person's name, it would list possible relatives for that person. Now I can't find the website. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.
Posted By: _AD_ Re: people searches - 07/10/07 08:05 AM
You can start with ZabaSearch or Anywho, but then you have to pay to get the kind of info you are looking for.

-AD
Posted By: lifeschoice Re: people searches - 07/10/07 11:24 AM
Try www.intelius.com

You can't get specific info w/o paying. I do not have an account and did a free search on myself just to see if my relatives listed. When I put in my name, my H and our 2 older daughters are listed in the relatives section under my name.

LC
Posted By: WhoMe Re: people searches - 07/10/07 12:11 PM
Be careful with these sites. IMHO, they are a waste of $$. A couple of years ago, I really wanted to know if FOW was still living 3000 miles away, so I did a search on her address to see who was living in her house, and a search on her name, SSN etc.

Well, I did learn that she had defaulted on her mortgage and lost her house, and then several months later did a search on her name on Intellis, which came up with her old address and phone number, stuff that was really outdated!

Once you've given them your cc info, forget getting any customer service from them. They don't care if the info they provide is either current or correct.

Who
Posted By: _AD_ Re: people searches - 07/11/07 06:45 PM
I think what most of those services do is take public records and mailing lists and compile and correlate data from there. They do not actually claim that the data is current. Most of them give a date of each record. They find likely relatives simply by noting people who appear on mailing lists and public records at the same address. If you keep that in mind, you can actually find more information than if they only gave you current addresses.

-AD
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums