Marriage Builders
Today is our 7th Wedding Anniversary. 361 days ago, I did not think we would make it this far. And without MB, I am SURE we would not have.

Dr. Harley, I am SOOOOOO grateful that you followed the leading of God when he told you that there was a BETTER way!!! When you realized that traditional marriage counseling DESTROYED marriages instead of building them, YOU CHANGED ALL OUR LIVES!!!
From the bottom of my heart, I humbly thank you. Truly, I have no words that are articulate enough to express what MB means to me. If you could see my face, you would understand how heartfelt my gratitude is. Thank you, thank you and thank you again.

And to all the MBers whose advice I have so eagerly taken, even when you didn't know it, because it wasn't directed towards me and my once again DH, thank you. Thank you for your time, your efforts, your wisdom, your willingness to encourage and also to give the hard advice when it was called for. You have no idea how many times your advice has been spot on for me, whether it was of the "stay-the-course" variety or a much needed 2x4 to knock me back in line.

And thank you to my DH, for choosing to give up those things that hurt us and that destroyed what WAS and for your willingness to build a NEW marriage with me. I love you more than words can say. You ARE the love of my life.

Most of all, truly most of all, thank you to God, for leading me to MB in my lowest moment of despair. Father, only YOU know what would have happened WITHOUT the hope that Marriage Builders brings.

We are not RECOVERED yet, but because of MB, we are on our way.

And I am so happy to be married to my Husband for yet another year.

Most sincerely and humbly grateful,
WH2LE
Posted By: KLD Re: Thank you to the Harleys and all MB posters! - 05/27/08 01:48 AM
Dear WH2LE -

Happy anniversary to you and H. I'm so happy that you've made it to this point and hope you've had a lovely day together.

You've been such inspiration and help to me and I thank you so much for giving to me and to others. It's so helpful to know that even though you still have issues, your M is on the right track. It warms my heart to hear you say how much you love your H. That says alot about your heart and your capacity for forgiveness.

I've been remembering you and praying for a peaceful and loving time for you. I'm sure God has heard and answered mine and the prayers of many others here for you.

KLD
KLD,

Thank you so much for your good wishes and especially your prayers!

We have both had to work today so the actual day wasn't spent celebrating. We both have jobs that require working on most holidays. It's fine. We are used to it.

But Saturday we went out to eat at a VERY nice restaurant that has a bit of history for us. We ate there on our wedding night. Just appetizers that night, but we loved the cosmopolitan, city atmosphere. And the reason we ate there THAT night is that it was a new restaurant that opened in place of the one we went to on our first DATE.

We are a little nervous because we LIKE this restaurant and it seems like when we find a nice place, it closes shortly after we eat there. This has happened FOUR times. One time it was a restaurant in our small town. It had been there for 15 years before I EVER ate there. We liked it. And 2 weeks after we went there, it CLOSED. One of the places actually got torn down within 3 months of our first visit. LOL!!

I do indeed LOVE my FWH!!!! He is funny and smart and truly the sexiest man I have ever known.(When I was single for so many years, I actually thought something was wrong with my hormones. I was sure I would NEVER be physically attracted to ANYONE again. HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!) grin

We have a long way to go though and even today, I wonder how we'll make it.

Today itself has been up and down. So many memories of last year. I remember getting 3 hang-up calls the weekend of our anniversary last year. They were odd. Then one night as we went to bed, I heard the sound of the dial tone because the phone was off the hook in the kitchen. My H had put the receiver in the garbage can!!! When I asked him why, he said it was so that I wouldn't get woken up by another hang-up call. Oh, really!!I asked him if he KNEW who was calling and he, of course, said.....no. But my heart was sick, because then I KNEW. I wasn't sure WHAT I knew, but I KNEW!

When I told my daughter about the calls, she told me that 2 weeks earlier when she was home on a night that I was working but was SUPPOSED to be home, that there were 5 hang-up calls. It scared her to the point of locking all windows and doors. Not so coincidentally, after D-Day ,I found a voice mail on H's phone from OW, sent that same night. She professed her LOVE(ewww!!)for him in her broken English way. I guess that's when she started feeling desperate.

Geez, forgive me for rambling on when you were so kind to wish me wonderful things. I am trusting God for all those things for US and also for YOU KLD!!!!! MB is here for all of us broken Hs and Ws.

WH2LE

© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums