Marriage Builders
Posted By: keepitreal to the MarriageBuilder family - 08/18/08 02:03 AM
I just want to express my appreciation for the people here who give so much of their time and efforts to help others achieve better lives and families.

Sometimes there are arguments about styles of delivery. Occasionally a fight breaks out.
The Democrats don't always agree with the Republicans and vice versa.
Unfortunately, a troll will sometimes surface.

But all in all, compared to any forum I have ever participated in or lurked on, this one has the best all around spirit. People disagree without getting vulgar about it. Those who have made terrible life choices are helped but not coddled. It is a very REAL place, where not all is sunshine and light, yet so many individuals use so many different styles and personalities to reach out, to really HELP.

And it's not like they are getting paid. It's done to "pay it forward" somehow, in appreciation for someone helping us through our own darkest hours.

Although I don't know you personally I have come to think of so many here as family. We have everything from gentle Grandma to loud mouthed sister-in-laws, to dear old Dad, to opinionated brothers, to sweet- as- pie sisters, to caring cousins, but all in all, for the most part, a family who loves and prays for one another.

I come here when I need to see something positive and encouraging, or when I just need the courage to kick some butt!

I pray for many of you each night, same as my friends and family IRL.

Thank you to the Harleys and to all the MarriageBuilder warriors for sharing your own unique selves in your own unique ways. I'm glad we are not all alike. We can all bring something important and valuable to the table.

God bless you all!
Posted By: jayne241 Re: to the MarriageBuilder family - 08/18/08 03:53 AM
Originally Posted by keepitreal
I pray for many of you each night, same as my friends and family IRL.

So you're the reason an angel has been watching over me...

Today DS6a was right beside me in front of Burger King, and all of a sudden decided to walk toward H who was at the car, parked on the other side of the drive-through lane... he stepped out right in front of a car that was just leaving the drive-through window before I could grab him. I screamed and the car stopped just in time...

Thank you Lord. And thank you keep, for praying.
Posted By: _Larry_ Re: to the MarriageBuilder family - 08/18/08 06:17 AM

Well said and obviously from the heart. The Harleys have set the tone and they make this support group possible. It does good. Too bad many people READ the posts and lack the courage to ask for help.

Larry
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums