Marriage Builders
Posted By: drgnfly Pulling up my big-girl panties - 11/28/08 02:40 PM
I've had a couple bad days - mourning the past and what I've lost and feeling sorry for myself. By doing that I've lost myself again and crawled back into the hole I've been hiding in. This morning I woke up with a renewed attitude and remembered that I am a strong woman. Much stronger than I ever gave myself credit for before. That is one thing I can be thankful for from this whole situation. I have found a new side of me - a strong, amazing, beautiful woman that I can be proud to be. I want my daughter to see and immitate this NEW me. I will no longer stand at the back of the crowd and put everyone else's needs before my own. I need to take care of myself so I can be the partner that this relationship deserves. That I deserve.

My old marriage is gone - I can't get it back and I don't want it anymore. Looking at old pictures and going over the memories from that time aren't helping me move forward with our new life. I can't dwell on the past and work on the future at the same time. One of them has to go, and I choose to get rid of the past. It's time to move on, stop mourning my losses, pull up my big-girl panties and get to work!

Posted By: bestfriend439 Re: Pulling up my big-girl panties - 11/28/08 03:56 PM
drgnfly,
I love having days like these!! Hang on to that feeling, because you are so strong to have gone through what you have been through, even if some days you feel like crawling into a hole. At least you are feeling and that is going to move you through this alright in the end. hug
BF439

Me: BS 38
WH: 40
Kids: 12,11,4
D-day: 6/30/08 and again 10/25/08
Plan B started 11/25/08
Posted By: not2fun Re: Pulling up my big-girl panties - 11/29/08 12:09 AM
Are they the "Grannie Panties" or the G-string kind????... blush

not2fun

ps...Sorry, but when I read that title I couldn't help it.... rotflmao

Posted By: drgnfly Re: Pulling up my big-girl panties - 11/29/08 12:38 AM
Definitely not the "Grannie Panties". Especially if I want this marriage to work! grin
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums