Marriage Builders
Posted By: lildoggie Promoting MB - 01/18/09 05:47 AM
I would like to promote MB at my church.

I attend the Salvation Army which means we have contact with people who would never normally walk into a church.

I don't want to actually run a programme as I am not a trained counseller but I was thinking I could put up a poster, and maybe have a few phamplets or something. Some business card sized hand outs would also be good for others I come in contact with.

I would like to know who i would contanct regarding this, and is there something I could down load such as a PDF file for an A4 sized poster, etc.
Posted By: Trying2live Re: Promoting MB - 01/18/09 06:00 AM
That's a great idea! hurray
Posted By: Dufresne Re: Promoting MB - 01/18/09 06:06 AM
I suggest sending an email to the MB Office admin@marriagebuilders.com

I'm sure they woudld give you support and help.
Posted By: hope3343 Re: Promoting MB - 01/18/09 06:08 AM
I wish someone promoted this at my church.
Maybe it would have been the eye-opener and could have have seen the signs before the A started. I always replay those days in my head and never saw it coming even though I know there were issues.
Posted By: _Ace_ Re: Promoting MB - 01/18/09 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by lildoggie

Great idea, Lil. Does your church have a book store? Ours has a small one but I noticed last month that they stock Dr. Harley's His Needs, Her Needs under the Marriage & Family section next to the Dobson, Swindoll and Chapman books.

If your church has one, you might show them your copy and maybe they'll order a few.

Is there a secular bookstore nearby? I find HNHN at Christian AND secular book stores. If you don't have a church book store and the MB office gives you promotional material, maybe the promo could refer folks to a local bookstore which is willing to order MB books (or at least HNHN) for resale.

I found MB books (first ~ SAA at a Christian book store) through which I found this web site and eventually these forums.

Ace
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Promoting MB - 01/18/09 04:17 PM
I don't want to actually run a programme as I am not a trained counseller but I was thinking I could put up a poster, and maybe have a few phamplets or something. Some business card sized hand outs would also be good for others I come in contact with.

lildoggie, just so you know, we have members here who are NOT trained counselors who chair and guide a MB program at their churches. My understanding is that it is a version of the MB Home Study group that was blessed by Dr. Harley. It has been very successful. Many people have been reached through these member's efforts.

I am hoping one of them will see this thread and post about it.
Posted By: believer Re: Promoting MB - 01/18/09 04:45 PM
I've often wondered if they have a video, kind of like Cloud and Townsend for their "Boundaries" course. That way, anyone could lead the group.

There are many of us who wished we'd known about MB BEFORE the affair happened.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Promoting MB - 01/18/09 04:48 PM
believer, in the MB kit we get at the MB weekends, we get an audio CD for most lessons along with workbooks and questionaires. I think that Home Study kit is set up the same way.
Posted By: lildoggie Re: Promoting MB - 01/18/09 09:04 PM
I have sent the email. Thank you Dufresne.

MelodyLane, my other problem with running a course is time constraints. I am only just at the 6 month recovery mark, I will not be finishing my current job for another 6 months, and we are looking at doing a regional shift and retrainning within the next 12 months.
Posted By: keepitreal Re: Promoting MB - 01/19/09 03:39 AM

I attend the Salvation Army which means we have contact with people who would never normally walk into a church.

I would like to know who i would contanct regarding this, and is there something I could down load such as a PDF file for an A4 sized poster, etc.

Sounds like a great ministry idea!
Posted By: bigkahuna Re: Promoting MB - 01/19/09 05:52 AM
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
believer, in the MB kit we get at the MB weekends, we get an audio CD for most lessons along with workbooks and questionaires. I think that Home Study kit is set up the same way.

Yes it is Mel. I believe that the DVD's are also included now as well.

I am using the DVD in a course as well as "Fall in Love, Stay in Love" this year
Posted By: lildoggie Re: Promoting MB - 01/26/09 08:20 AM
I posted an Email to Admin just over a week ago, but have not yet heard anything back. I will resend just to be sure, but is there any other avenue anyone can think of?
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums