Marriage Builders
  • Please bring back the search feature. I can't even search for my own old posts.

• Also, some people have mentioned missing the 'most recent posts' bar on the left of the screen.
Oooh cool. You can modify the thread "style". I changed it to dark and it's a little easier on my eyes.
Oops, the dark style brings back the centered issue. I'm going back to "stock".
most of these, I"m guessing, are programming issues. it might help if we post what browser we're using, PC or Mac and what version. for example
I'm on a PC
IE 7.0.6..1.1800

most programmers/developers etc. use firefox/mozilla, so for those of you out there who want to switch browsers, it might help. I choose not to switch because most end-users (the audience) uses IE and so it's good to know the glitches.

the search engine at least shows today, but when submitted, still getting cold fusion error.

HTH.
ope, and apparently, I can't edit my reply. so

typo:
IE 7.0.6001.18000
one more thing - I can't edit my signature - it won't save. I just realized I put the wrong wedding date. (tucks tail)
Please DO list any problems, questions, concerns & suggestions.

The forums weren't really ready to go "live" yet. There were problems to fix. But I asked Dr Harley to put us back "on" and we'd work through the problems. So, please tell us what's wrong and/or right and please be patient while we work through this!!

Thanks!
Smileys
I keep getting a reply box up at the end of the last post on a thread???

We be patient. smile We really appreciate the effort!!!

-Jayne241, left-justified, Safari 3.2.1, MacBook Pro, Mac OS X 10.4.11
JustUss,

Thank you for talking Dr. Harley into putting the forums back on!
That's why Justuss makes the BIG BUCKS
Phioranajimjim? (sic?) That's a new one. Most of the mods names make them sound like American Gladiators. This one just doesn't fit. I think this mod should change the name to "Pulverizer" or something equally intimidating.
lol, that's just what I thought. I wondered which "member" who has been "made a mod" thought that was a good screen name.

rotflmao
What about the missing posts? Will we get them back? Gone forever??

Where's my MrRollieEyes when I need him???????? grin

You do realize there is an American Gladiator named JustUss (or Justice)?

6'8" and 290 lbs.

That's a mod you don't mess with!
LMAO!!!!!
Something I noticed when I went in to try to edit my preferences was that the sig line character count has been dropped down again. My sig isn't long but the UBB code it takes to write it out is pretty long because of the urls. I also noticed that the limit seems to be xxxxx characters. That's right, nothing...

Can we expect that ability to be returned as well?

Just adding to the list...

grin

And the 2X4 and rollie eyes would be nice, but ROTFLMAO is a MUST...

And the edit feature is a priority for me. People are going to find out how many typos I really make in a day... wink

At least the links seem to have held together this time.

For now...

TTFN
cool
where is the email function????

I cannot begin to tell you how many different post's that have touched me that I have emailed to myself. I could make a book out of them...hmmmm, "The Best of MB"

Anywho, I would like that one back......

not2fun
ps...Mark, a mistake??!!?? Really??? I would have never guessed it....lol

******testing edit******
not2fun,

Edited your post just to check on time limits....

Yes, I am aware the time limits on editing posts for members needs to be upped!!

And I see an "Email Post" on my options. Do you not have that too at the bottom of the post? Or did they remove that option for members? If so, we'll have to get that back.
Originally Posted by Mark1952
And the edit feature is a priority for me. People are going to find out how many typos I really make in a day... wink

Double ditto to this!! crazy I am practically DYSLEXIC and I shore don't wanna be found out!

And MR TEEF IS GONE!! cry
Justuss, it appears there is NO edit time for us at all. And I don't see a "Email Post" option anywhere so that must just be for mods.
My problem was I couldn't recover my password. I tried twice and it never was emailed to me. I had to reregister using a different email.

GG
yeah, I just accidentally used real names....it would be great to be able to go fix that.

thanks for all of your hard work.
the "remember me" logon function is not working. I use Safari for MAC.
Originally Posted by piojitos
Phioranajimjim? (sic?) That's a new one. Most of the mods names make them sound like American Gladiators. This one just doesn't fit. I think this mod should change the name to "Pulverizer" or something equally intimidating.

Or, perhaps it could be shortened to jimjim
Bring back almost all the smilies

get rid of the quick reply!!!
Originally Posted by JustUss

Where's my MrRollieEyes when I need him???????? grin
Cut out the drama Boss J - YOU KNOW you are being PAID a HUGE salary for this job ....

.... and they pay you in
monopoly money

LOL at the
Yikes, My Eyes !

Originally Posted by KiwiJ
lol, that's just what I thought. I wondered which "member" who has been "made a mod" thought that was a good screen name.

rotflmao

Probably Pio - I'm just sayin'............
I cant turn my online face off.
Now everyone will know how long I actually spend on here!
Originally Posted by lildoggie
I cant turn my online face off.
Now everyone will know how long I actually spend on here!

Such a nice face too smile
Now wheres that kissy face gone.....
Has anyone mentioned having to tab down the page to be able to see the thread, or to be able to post? UGH!
not2fun,

Yes, I am aware the time limits on editing posts for members needs to be upped!!

And I see an "Email Post" on my options. Do you not have that too at the bottom of the post? Or did they remove that option for members? If so, we'll have to get that back.

JustUss,

Nope, no email function on there....Like I said, I really, really, really love that feature...Thanks, Not2fun
jimjim?

Still too Gilbert & Sullivan. Wasn't jimjim in The Mikado?

How about Jimbo or gymgym (implies (respectively) big belly or muscle bulk)?

Or Rambo (huge bodycount)?

Just sumthin' else.
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Originally Posted by KiwiJ

rotflmao

Probably Pio - I'm just sayin'............

Pio is a MOD? Oh Lordie, Lordie, my days are numbered.... cry
what was wrong with the old system?

Larry
And while "Jimbo" MAY give some of you a warm fuzzy feeling, let's not forget he very likely has a shotgun rack in the back of his Ford pickup and antlers for a hood ornament.

That will make you think twice.
Larry,

Good to see ya!

Nobody has said yet what happened but my guess is that the system crashed on its own the other night. Posts that I know were there had vanished when things came back up.

Mark
And while "Jimbo" MAY give some of you a warm fuzzy feeling, let's not forget he very likely has a shotgun rack in the back of his Ford pickup and antlers for a hood ornament.

I think the name sounds a little French actually. crazy
I counseled with Steve on Wed morning. He mentioned that the forum was having database issues.
I am feeling sorry for poor Phianorajimjim (sic). He/she is probably regretting their name right now. "JimJim" just doesn't do it for me as a scary mod.

Justuss has always scared the **** out of me.
That word that I self-censored was "heck". lmaopmp
Gosh, I just googled Phianora and I could have won that Google thing where you only get one reference. This is it:

"lady-knight Phianora, daughter vnto the inuinicible Argamont King of England, by the gracious Princesse Clarecinda." (sic) (lol)
Larry,

Good to see ya!

Nobody has said yet what happened but my guess is that the system crashed on its own the other night. Posts that I know were there had vanished when things came back up.

Mark

This is what a mod told me

Lil,
We haven't been given an ETA for the boards to be up again. The tech's were installing a new program when the forums crashed. Unknown when they are going to have them up & running again but they are working on it.

testing...
OMG!! It worked! It worked!!!!
what did?

the extrodinarily long sigline??? I had to butcher mine this morning, I'll try getting it back to normal
what did?

the extrodinarily long sigline??? I had to butcher mine this morning, I'll try getting it back to normal

No. LOL!!

I haven't been able to post all day. Last night I posted from my grandma's just fine but when I got home I couldn't post.

Well that's not fair

*pout*
Ah I see.

How come you can have all those characters in your sig, and mine has to be 100 or less???

You got an insider on your side???
skeptical
Ah I see.

How come you can have all those characters in your sig, and mine has to be 100 or less???

You got an insider on your side???
skeptical

LOL!

No. The same thing happened last year and there were lots of complaints and I just didn't touch mine for a while. Then when I went to update later on it was A-OK.

Originally Posted by MelodyLane

well.....I didn't want to bring up the subject but I had noticed "dufresne". But don't get me started.

well.....I didn't want to bring up the subject but I had noticed "dufresne". But don't get me started.

We should wave a white flag and find out for sure... laugh

I had to read this 3 times before I said:

"Ah - HA! Dat be funy"
Larry,

Good to see ya!

Mark

This is what a mod told me

Lil,
We haven't been given an ETA for the boards to be up again. The tech's were installing a new program when the forums crashed. Unknown when they are going to have them up & running again but they are working on it.

Hiya Mark & Lil

This has happened before during aan upgrade install, as in not the first time.

I have often wondered why the Harleys don't go with the guy who does allnurses. That guy is a wizard.

Larry
Originally Posted by Pepperband

I had to read this 3 times before I said:

"Ah - HA! Dat be funy"

Only confirming what we already knew.

Bet that white flag has a big lone white star on it.
not2fun,

I am getting emails when anyone replies to one of my "watched topics" ... which is GRAND! Me like.
Still cant edit posts and still cant go grey face all da time.
And sigline character thingy is set to 100

Other than that, its good
LOL, at "grey face".
I always had a thing for aliens laugh
grey face? You could go grey face before, at will??? How'd I miss that?

(LOL aliens, ha!)

Ok, I just tried to change my sig to admit I'm no longer on a trip but my computer still doesn't (yet) remember my previous account's password. Only to be told our sigs are limited to 100 chars. Which means my present sig (see below) is already too long. So I couldn't implement any of the edits to admit I'm not on a trip and have no excuse for forgetting my password.

In a nutshell: can you change the sigs so they can once more be longer than 100 chars?
Jayne,
Would you like me to email password to you? It's going to go to the email address you originally registered with (still a good address for you?) and will be a temporary password until you change it to whatever you'd like.
My signature line did not change at all, it is still how it was before.
Originally Posted by Still_Crazy
My signature line did not change at all, it is still how it was before.

If you decide to update your sig - you will get the message about the number of characters you are limited to.

LOL

That's what happened to me (but, I'm OK with it)
Well that is okay with me too, i just will not try to edit mine and i will remain 44 forever grin
i will remain 44 forever
Now I like that attitude! grin
Originally Posted by jayne142
grey face? You could go grey face before, at will??? How'd I miss that?

(LOL aliens, ha!)

There used to be a box in preferences that said something like hide online status yes/no but its gone. I miss that box.....
Me, too. That way I was never, ever online. Nice ;-)
BRING BACK THE SMILES! Who can write properly without expression?

Anyone notice the "insert media tag" button? I can't access videos at work or I'd try it out.
I haven't even been going to the reply section, just doing the quick reply. I do like that :-)

I agree though, smileys were an integral part of the posts. I really miss the puke, hug, and rollie eyes.
Originally Posted by Verve
I haven't even been going to the reply section, just doing the quick reply. I do like that :-)

I agree though, smileys were an integral part of the posts. I really miss the puke, hug, and rollie eyes.

I miss all the old features.

Like edit

PM I dont see the media tab, where abouts is it?
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Anyone notice the "insert media tag" button? I can't access videos at work or I'd try it out.

Hmmmm...I wanna see if that works...I'll try it with the Casting Crowns Slow Fade video...

Mrs. W
Hey, it works! cool

Mrs. W
**edit**

just seeing...

lildoggie, go ahead and post this on the other websites forum if you want. Thanks for letting us know. Revera
hey i can make it work too, prolly should get he mods to delete it tho.
Sorry blush
hot damn, that sucker works!! laugh
That is TOOOOOO cool. Especially since I can't access Youtube at work smile

That was pretty funny too Mel!
grin
Heelarious ML! I'm so glad they put this feature on there cause I can't access youtube at work either!

rotflmao
[Linked Image from i161.photobucket.com]
Never mind, didn't work
[Linked Image from google.com]

Testing something else
I keep getting logged out, even when I have the browser open to MB.

I'm not French!
Dufresne'
French: topographic name for someone who lived near a prominent ash tree, from Old French fresne ‘ash’ (from Latin fraxinus), with fused preposition and definite article du ‘from the’.
Dufresne'
French: topographic name for someone who lived near a prominent ash tree, from Old French fresne ‘ash’ (from Latin fraxinus), with fused preposition and definite article du ‘from the’.

Obviously the ash tree was prominently located in France.
Dufresne'

Obviously the ash tree was prominently located in France.

hmmm, sounds pretty French to me! smile Frenchy Dufresne!
hmmm, sounds pretty French to me! smile Frenchy Dufresne!

Sigh.

Think Shawshank Redemption.
I love that movie.

So you were thinking of Andy Dufresne when you chose your name. think
That was just plain amateur. You could see her lips move.

Now if ML could post while Dufresne was drinking a glass of water, that would be pretty amazing!

Now if ML could post while Dufresne was drinking a glass of water, that would be pretty amazing!

I can't even wink, ya silly foreigner!! rotflmao

Huh?
No suggestion MODS, just a comment!

I LOVE THIS ICON!!!!

:twobyfour: :twobyfour: :twobyfour: :twobyfour: :twobyfour: :twobyfour: dance2 loveheart hurray
I think Jimbo sounds a little French actually

That would be Jimbeaux...grin

tl
That would be Jimbeaux

Wouldn't that mean more than one Jimbo?

Come to think of it, what is plural for Jimbo in English?

Or for that matter, in Arkie?

(Of course, in Arkie he would be Jimbo Bob)
French Dehumidifier: Eau No
Wouldn't that mean more than one Jimbo?

Picky, picky. Sometimes one just isn't enough, you know?

tl
It's actually a sore point with me. I just think French is so wasteful. Have you ever stopped to think how many trees are felled and processed to create all that paper to print French books and articles chock full of excess letters that will never be pronounced? Especially in this crisis time for the environment! What the heck is the difference between gateau and gateaux? And why not gatoh? Or, if you allow the accents, gató?

My DDs went to sleep scared last night because they had to turn off their nightlights for Earth Day.

Everyone slams the US for not ratifying the Kyoto treaty and its reluctance to reduce greenhouse emmissions.

The French are getting a free pass here and they just laugh at us with their little nasal chuckles and those silly berets on their heads.

I say enuf is enuf!
I'm not French either.

=-=

I'm Splat.

if your insinuating what think you are......

rotflmao
Asterisk,

This song ain't about you.

I gave you a free pass. Actually I think "Asterisk" would make a great American Gladiator name.

I was even going to let Dufresne off until ML forced the issue.

Why does Dufresne have an "s" in it? It's just wrong!
Wasnt Asterisk the name of a comic book character?
oh wait, that was Asterix. There was a magic potion or something, and he came from Gaul. Wasnt Gaul the old name for France???
Current options are:

Beast
Crush
Hellga (it's the double L [and I'm not talking about cup size])
Hurricane
Jet
Justice
Militia
Panther
Phoenix
Rocket
Siren
Steel
Titan
Toa (needs the look - standalone doesn't work)
Venom
Wolf
Zen (okay probably not)

Previous choices:
Malibu
Lace (okay no)
Gemini
Zap
Nitro
Sunny (okay that's a stretch)
Blaze
Bronco
Gold
Laser
Jade
Titan
Diamond
Ice
Thunder
Turbo
Storm
Tower
Viper
Atlas
Cyclone
Elektra
Havoc
Sabre
Sky (???)
Dallas
Hawk
Jazz
Rebel
Tank
Thor

Almost all quite intimidating.
According to Wikipedia:

The asterisk is derived from the need of the printers of family trees in feudal times as a symbol to indicate date of birth. The original shape was six-armed, each arm like a teardrop shooting from the center. For this reason, in some computer circles it is called a splat, perhaps due to the "squashed-bug" appearance of the asterisk on many early line printers.

So Asterisk comes from a time way back when families lived in trees and feuded a lot.

You have a lot of Gaul comparing this to Asterix. As far as the "magic potion" protecting them from the Romans, isn't that just a metaphor for "white flag"?
Yep, Lil Gaul was an older name for France, Belgium, umm I think some parts of Switzerland and Germany. Maybe Holland, too. I would have to look it up. I knew reading all of those extremely dry (but also extremely entertaining when you get to the good parts) ancient history books would come in handy.

Well....not really ANCIENT history....but close enough I suppose ;-)
Originally Posted by Verve
Yep, Lil Gaul was an older name for France, Belgium, umm I think some parts of Switzerland and Germany. Maybe Holland, too. I would have to look it up. I knew reading all of those extremely dry (but also extremely entertaining when you get to the good parts) ancient history books would come in handy.

gallia omnia divisa est en tres partes...

I had to read it in Latin. Well 34 years later it hasn't done me a dern bit of good yet.
Only latin I remember is

Pater est pestis

and post coitum omne animal triste est which all teenage girls learn so they have something to giggle at :MrEEk:
I'm assuming you used those phrases in separate contexts? Used together, they would be quite disturbing.
rotflmao

there was a gap!
I just think French is so wasteful

Well, monsieur, what do you think about Welsh then? Doesn't it have the longest word in any language? Or do they pronounce all the letters, so it doesn't count?crazy I turned on extra lights for earth day. You, Pio, don't strike me as a "following" type, so what's the REAL reason your girls didn't have their night lights? dontknow

tl
I can comment on the Welsh. It is a brethonic language, not celtic, so there are a lot of French-Welsh cognates (examples, eglwys and eglise both mean church) There are tons of letters to our English (Sysnaeg) eyes, but the ll is actually considered one letter. The pronunciation is strictly phonetic and there are no wasted letters. However, there is a nasty thing called a mutation where the first letters of words change depending on the sound of the preceding word. This is to promote euphony, an important concept to the Welsh. It's also an old language, very old, and has (I think) relatively few words.
I can sing in Welsh and I understand a few words but couldn't put a sentence togther beyond saying "Bore da" (good morning) and "Diolch yn fawr y iawn" (Thank you very much.) And no, there is no particularly good reason I learned to sing in Welsh, just happened in to it.

Well, as long as they pronounce ALL the letters in those big, huge words (which probably takes some pretty large "breths"!), I guess it's OK--unlike the French, who scatter superfluous letters about the verbal landscape with frivolous, heedless abandon.:MrEEk:

tl
French Dehumidifier: Eau No

rotflmao

Love,

Frenchy
Germans have big words too but they actually need all those letters. Germans never waste anything. I have to wonder what the life expectancy of an asthmatic German is though. I bet they die young.

As an outsider who doesn't speak Welsh, I have never accused them of frivolous letter use because, listening to their language spoken, who could ever tell. I always wondered if the Prince of Wales could speak Welsh. You would think it would be a job requirement.

But I do have two words for the Welsh: point size.

I once stayed in a hotel in llangollen,clwyd whose name was so long that its sign had to be continued on the next building. Couldn't they pick a better font?

I have heard that you should never bet with anyone from Wales.
I have to wonder what the life expectancy of an asthmatic German is though.

rotflmao

Expressed with a great deal more flair than I've said it to myself in times past, but the general concept has certainly presented itself to me before--generally while looking at those long, guttural words, or, for that matter, hearing them sprecken. smile

tl
I also never thought of charades as being a particularly fun game in German.

Three words...

First word...

27 syllables...

First syllable...

Sounds like...
Sounds like...Phlegm!
Originally Posted by eaglesoar
Sounds like...Phlegm!

No. You're confusing it with Belgie. They do sound similar but Belgie is what you want to speak to get over a head cold. Arabic can clear the sinuses too.
WOW!!!! I was just able to edit a post in more than 0.003 picoseconds because too much time had not yet expired!

Webmaster - your Kung Fu is strong!
Sweet!
How many characters can we presently put in our signature? I'd like to do an edit but don't want to lose gazillion characters.
Originally Posted by cinderella
How many characters can we presently put in our signature? I'd like to do an edit but don't want to lose gazillion characters.

100!!!!!!!!!!
Please up this to what it used to be mods. Pretty please?!?!?
Okay I am miffed....No...That word jsut doesn't cover it.

Okay...I am EXTREMELY miffed that the new software doesn't allow for DST. Typically American attitude! How Arrogant! Don't you realize 90% of the world doesn't follow DST. Why should I have to update MY preferences every time the FEW of you go on DST? Either get it figured out by IP address or give us the option in preferences!

I'm sure the Aussies would agree.

Well...almost sure.

OTOH who can figure out an Aussie.
I agree!
That 10 seconds to change the offset 4 times a uear is a real burden.

rotflmao
hurray hurray dance2 hurray hurray

You brought back the email function......I'm a happy camper now.....

not2fun
I have a question about the PM function...is it working or not???

I was able to send one PM...but cannot receive any.

What's up? Is that going to be a usable function or not?
PM's have always been disabled. Sometimes after an upgrade they are enabled but only till they lock it down.
Originally Posted by bigkahuna
That 10 seconds to change the offset 4 times a uear is a real burden.

rotflmao

So now I have to keep a calendar to show me which countries go on and off DST on certain days? They can't even do it on the SAME day.
I have a question about Who's Online - what is a spider?
Spider=Google or Yahoo Search Engine.
A spider is like a little robot file that scans the internet for content. Google sends its little spiders out to find content. That's how it's able to pull up relevant pages when you do your searches. There are all kinds of parameters and technical things about it, but simply put, it reads content.
YEEECHH!!

I keep Pif-Paf beside my computer for just such occasions.
what is Pif-Paf? Personally, I use shoes or tissues for killing spiders.
© Marriage Builders® Forums