Marriage Builders
Just kidding....sort of. laugh

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/05/05/AR2009050501136_pf.html
They only get stoned if unrepentant. I don't have a problem with that - Really.
Among the instances in which the sentence is not performed is when there is a repentance by the individual involved.

Wow, I'd never heard that there was any leniency.

I totally disagree with the harshness of their penalties.
I think they should get stoned regardless, just maybe let the repentant one live.
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
I totally disagree with the harshness of their penalties.

Meh, it was a tongue-in-cheek post for me anyway. smile
I know. smile
I bet they don't have a 50% adultery rate in their country. If the adulter is unrepentant...I don't know...seems like you might be cleaning up the gene pool or at least doing society a favor. Even if the wayward doesn't get stone to death, a few rocks to the head might not be a bad idea.
a few rocks to the head might not be a bad idea

Hey... would you be willing to run for President? laugh

laugh

Nope...but it would be nice to have the resources at my finger tips to mess with POSOW. laugh

That's disgusting.
It's good to see they stone men. Most of the time over there you just hear about the women being punished...
Originally Posted by karmasrose
It's good to see they stone men. Most of the time over there you just hear about the women being punished...

It's not good that they stone ANYONE.

It's a barbaric practice.

Charlotte
It's a good deterrent for infidelity, though, wouldn't you say?
It's a good deterrent for infidelity, though, wouldn't you say?

No.

There, I'm certain, just like here, that there are innocent people put to death.

Here, the West Memphis 3 are a good example but there are many, many others.

I am against the death penalty. I had an uncle who was brutally murdered and I'm still against the death penalty. (The dude should have gotten life in prison, though.)

Even if I wasn't against the death penalty I would be against it for infidelity.

Charlotte

Posted By: Gamma Re: Now THIS is what I call just compensation! - 05/05/09 11:08 PM
Amnesty International said it was outraged at her execution and the fact that her lawyer was not informed about it

Perhaps Amnesty Int. will be outraged someday by the random trials, convictions and executions that criminals perform everyday on the streets of the USA.

Where is their outrage about that, oh I forgot they only take on big, easy targets with deep pockets their pro-bono lawyer can sue.

Really Iran just has a different set of social ills than ours, and in their perspective they have many advantages we just don't see.

I think many in the US given a choice would pick repression over anarchy.

NJ
We will just disagree on this then, because I fully support the death penalty.

You're going to stick a man in prison for the rest of his life (some of these guys could be there for 20+ years!) and waste money feeding him at everyone else's expense--sounds more like a reward for his crime of murder than anything else.

I won't speak more of it.

You're going to stick a man in prison for the rest of his life (some of these guys could be there for 20+ years!) and waste money feeding him at everyone else's expense--sounds more like a reward for his crime of murder than anything else.

I won't speak more of it.

It costs more money to execute someone, due to the cost of the appeals process, than it does for them to sit in prison for the rest of their days.

Look it up. They don't just take them back behind the barn and shoot them.

Plus, in many cases, it's not clear-cut. Have you ever read anything about the West Memphis Three? One of them was near your age when they were falsely accused. They have a website.

There was a guy here that was falsely accused, too and came within days of being executed on 3 separate occasions. He was African American and accused of killing a white girl. Well, his work buddies set him up and set him up GOOD.

I remember this case in particular because the day this girl was murdered, our school band was at that school for a contest. It was pretty freaky. Plus, she was from our county...just a different town about 12 miles from here.

Yeah, that dude was set up just as good as John Coffey.

Charlotte
I think if I was a degenerate rapacious murderous reprobate I would be against the death penalty for any of my heinous acts too.

In prison one gets out of the rain, three squares a day, more cable channels than most any of us, free schooling (such as technical college and law classes and how to burgle better classes), new friends for life, as much sex as one can stand and, I hear, as much drugs as one can stand. Sounds like a destination resort!

One of the stupidest things I have ever heard said out loud was a California warden saying something to the effect prisoners are not sent to him for punishment, they are sent to him as punishment.

I am against the death penalty for adultery though. Forced neutering, the physical kind, not the chemical kind, seems much more appropriate. In public.
I think if I was a degenerate rapacious murderous reprobate I would be against the death penalty for any of my heinous acts too.

Why, thank you! I'm so flattered that you noticed! flirt

Charlotte
Posted By: Monc Re: Now THIS is what I call just compensation! - 05/06/09 03:31 AM
oddly, I've thought about this...when I found out one of my thoughts were along the lines of if we were in a place like that...she'd have been stoned for it.
Originally Posted by Monc
oddly, I've thought about this...when I found out one of my thoughts were along the lines of if we were in a place like that...she'd have been stoned for it.

Yeah, but you want to recover. How you gonna do that with a corpse?

I didn't and don't want Gray & Slag stoned. (As in rocks, ha ha, since they are stoned the majority of the time.)

It wouldn't have given me any satisfaction and it's bad juju to boot, wishing bad things on others.

Charlotte
As I said, it was tongue-in-cheek, good grief lighten up. (re:"that's disgusting"). I don't know if you've seen around here, but there have been discussions here on what would be done to OP/WS for cheating, and I found it ironic that there was a news story about it.

For whatever it's worth, more money or not, in certain cases I'm for the death penalty (infidelity NOT being one of them).

This post was meant for us to blow off steam in a sarcastic way, not open up a debate.

Posted By: Gack1 Re: Now THIS is what I call just compensation! - 05/06/09 03:40 PM
x2
Stoning is not strictly speaking for "adultery" but for any suspicion of immoral behavior. For instance, there is no prosecution of rapes in Iran, due to the demand that there be four male Muslim witnesses to testify for the victim. Women/girls who are molested or raped are presumed to have asked for it.

If both of a couple are executed, they would have to be caught alone together, like in the same room.

There was a program called "Death of a Princess" about the Saudi princess who eloped with her lover, pretending to have drowned in the ocean. She became careless and reckless when they got to a hotel, going out on the balcony with the man in full view of passersby. When they were caught, they were both publicly executed. I forget what he suffered, but she was thrown on the ground wearing her veil and shot to death.

He may have been stoned, I don't remember. It was in 1980. It is very hard to find a video of this docudrama on the net at present. If anyone is interested, I can go back and do a search for the transcript.
Originally Posted by broken_soul
As I said, it was tongue-in-cheek, good grief lighten up. (re:"that's disgusting"). I don't know if you've seen around here, but there have been discussions here on what would be done to OP/WS for cheating, and I found it ironic that there was a news story about it.

For whatever it's worth, more money or not, in certain cases I'm for the death penalty (infidelity NOT being one of them).

This post was meant for us to blow off steam in a sarcastic way, not open up a debate.

I stand by my first comment because it IS disgusting. I had to do a report on the Middle East recently for Global Management so this topic is very fresh for me.

Charlotte

P.S.) You seriously thought it wouldn't open a debate? It's open season 'round here!
Originally Posted by Bellevue
Stoning is not strictly speaking for "adultery" but for any suspicion of immoral behavior. For instance, there is no prosecution of rapes in Iran, due to the demand that there be four male Muslim witnesses to testify for the victim. Women/girls who are molested or raped are presumed to have asked for it.

If both of a couple are executed, they would have to be caught alone together, like in the same room.

There was a program called "Death of a Princess" about the Saudi princess who eloped with her lover, pretending to have drowned in the ocean. She became careless and reckless when they got to a hotel, going out on the balcony with the man in full view of passersby. When they were caught, they were both publicly executed. I forget what he suffered, but she was thrown on the ground wearing her veil and shot to death.

He may have been stoned, I don't remember. It was in 1980. It is very hard to find a video of this docudrama on the net at present. If anyone is interested, I can go back and do a search for the transcript.

I wouldn't mind reading it.

I don't think we will see change for women there in this lifetime.

Not without a major revolution.

I found an interesting story about a woman who was arrested along with her business colleague for meeting in public. Her husband got her out of jail because he had good connections. She said there were a lot of women stuck in prison for the same offense, though.

She has elected to stay in the M.E. to try and buck the system, maybe cause small changes, you know?

I'm afraid she will end up dead eventually. Assassinated, probably.

Charlotte
Originally Posted by Dancing_Machine

I stand by my first comment because it IS disgusting. I had to do a report on the Middle East recently for Global Management so this topic is very fresh for me.

Charlotte

P.S.) You seriously thought it wouldn't open a debate? It's open season 'round here!

I stand by my first comment as well. Lighten up.

P.S.) MrRollieEyes
Posted By: SIHW Re: Now THIS is what I call just compensation! - 05/06/09 07:56 PM
Hey you know in some countries out that way they purposelly maim young girls at a younge age so they don't feel pleasure.

They cut out there clitoris.....you wanna talk about babaric *shudder*.....
Posted By: Monc Re: Now THIS is what I call just compensation! - 05/06/09 08:17 PM
Circumcision is the same thing as that barbaric practice...but we do it in this country.

Charlotte

I stand by my first comment as well. Lighten up.

P.S.) MrRollieEyes

Whatever for? We are having an intelligent discussion!

sigh

Charlotte
Circumcision is the same thing as that barbaric practice...but we do it in this country.

No. It is NOT the same.

The clitoris is the female equivalent of the penis.

Circumcision cuts the protective sheath away from the penis. Mostly done to prevent infection but sometimes for religious reasons.

The protective sheath around the penis is the male equivalent of the labia.

I am not an advocate of circumcision but it is nowhere near like the barbaric practice of excising a clitoris. And then sewing the vagina together, barely leaving room for the child to void her bladder.

Charlotte

Hrm...

how 'bout that swine flu panic nonsense? Could we stone them (the media)? How 'bout life in prison? Death penalty?

crazy grin
Hrm...

how 'bout that swine flu panic nonsense? Could we stone them (the media)? How 'bout life in prison? Death penalty?

crazy grin

You can if you want. I don't watch the news so it's not bothering me.

Charlotte

flirt

faint
Hrm...

crazy grin

Charlotte

flirt

BTW...your attorney has been mentioned over on DNU's thread, if you want to mosey over there.
Hrm...

crazy grin

Charlotte

flirt

BTW...your attorney has been mentioned over on DNU's thread, if you want to mosey over there.

rotflmao

Really? Huh. Thanks, I'll go have a look.

Charlotte
You're welcome. He could really use quality legal help.
You're welcome. He could really use quality legal help.

Yeah, I hear that!!

Well, if he wants my contact info I'll be more than happy to hook him up! I hope he is close by!

Shiny would rock his WW's world 100x over!!

wink

Charlotte
Posted By: SIHW Re: Now THIS is what I call just compensation! - 05/06/09 09:03 PM

No. It is NOT the same.

Circumcision cuts the protective sheath away from the penis. Mostly done to prevent infection but sometimes for religious reasons.

I am not an advocate of circumcision but it is nowhere near like the barbaric practice of excising a clitoris. And then sewing the vagina together, barely leaving room for the child to void her bladder.

Charlotte

Yes imagine as a teenager having this done to you...it is not your decision either.....I imagine for a man life would be very hard without a penis.....

I know I love my clitoris and plan on living a very long time with it....

Hey this is sounding like the vagina monolog's....:D
Posted By: Monc Re: Now THIS is what I call just compensation! - 05/07/09 02:28 AM

No. It is NOT the same.

Charlotte

Wrong. The clitoris and the foreskin are the same function and area of skin. The entirety of the female inner and outer labia is like the penis shaft in terms of just being generally sensative flesh. The clitoris and the foreskin are both packed with the highest concentration of nerve endings. Cutting either away is exactly the same thing.

Now there are also different types of female mutilation/cutting. Some are only the clitoris, others leave it alone and some take both labia and clitoris.

I'm simply pointing out that circumsion DOES remove the same nerve endings that exist in the clitoris.

Circumcision also has limited value in reducing any disease. The research behind it shows no enhancement to health for the tradeoff.

No. It is NOT the same.

Charlotte

Wrong. The clitoris and the foreskin are the same function and area of skin. The entirety of the female inner and outer labia is like the penis shaft in terms of just being generally sensative flesh. The clitoris and the foreskin are both packed with the highest concentration of nerve endings. Cutting either away is exactly the same thing.

Now there are also different types of female mutilation/cutting. Some are only the clitoris, others leave it alone and some take both labia and clitoris.

I'm simply pointing out that circumsion DOES remove the same nerve endings that exist in the clitoris.

Circumcision also has limited value in reducing any disease. The research behind it shows no enhancement to health for the tradeoff.

The clitoris IS a little penis. Haven't you ever seen one erect?

Charlotte
The female clitoris is homologous to the male penis. It has 18 parts some of which you can see-like the glans or tip, inner lips (called labia minora in medicalese) and the hood, which is equivalent to the foreskin in men. Then there are parts that you can feel, such as the shaft a cord about an inch long that is attached to the glans, and the urethral sponge which you can feel through the roof of the vagina. Additionally, there are muscles, blood vessels, and nerves which you cannot feel, but which are essential in causing orgasmThe organ is formed out of corpus cavernosum, which is a rich collection of capillary tissue with a substantial presence of nerve tissue, particularly well-suited for sexual stimulation. Embryologically, the clitoris comes from the same tissue that forms the male penis. The visible portion of the clitoris is entirely or partially covered by a "hood" of tissue (the prepuce) that is homologous to the foreskin in males. The trigger for forming a penis instead of a clitoris is the action of testosterone in utero.Before eight weeks of pregnancy, the genitals all appear to be female. At about eight weeks, the male fetuses begin to produce testosterone which causes the genitals to be rearranged to form the penis. None of this tissue disappears in the female fetuses, and consequently, the parts of the clitoris and penis are similar, just arranged differently.

Having looked into this extensively, there are different degrees of female circumcision. Some remove only the clitoral hood, which is the same part as the foreskin, and has similar result, mainly lessening of sensation, removal of protection of the delicate organ leading the skin to harden and dry out where it should be moist and sensitive.

But in some places they remove the whole clitoris, sometimes all the inner labia and/or stitch the vagina together leaving a tiny opening for menstruation. This is like removing the penis completely and is not the same.

That said I'm completely against routine infant circumcision, I don't see how its any different from forcing a girl to have her clitoral hood removed. I don't believe we have the right to alter another person's body.
I think this will get you there, Charlotte:
http://ncr-iran.org/content/view/6293/1/
If not, try searching like this: "23 year old woman executed Iran"

edited, wrong link above, story about Saudi princess below:
http://frontlineclub.com/events/2009/05/anthony-thomas-presents---death-of-a-princess.html

And another attempt to provide a link, to info about the movie "The Stoning" type in
stoning - the movie.com

pretty depressing and scary. This is Sharia law.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums