Marriage Builders
Posted By: weaver Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/09/09 08:35 AM
I was up very early today playing some tunes and came across some old Beatles chit (in betwixt my Thin Lizzy and Dave Mathews, of course) thought of you, missed you and wanted to give you something cool this beatiful a.m. -

Seeing George Harrison like that makes me feel like crying my eyes out.

I would have sent it to Mel, Ark, Res, Mimi, Faithers, Kimmy, Kiwi, Commited and the rest, but they don't really get music, do they? Haha

Have you seen 2long? If so, please give him my best. I miss that old fart, too.

Take care all. As all of you already know, life is glorious on the other side of all the pain. Takes time and determination, but life prevails. It's good, no?
Posted By: weaver Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/09/09 09:13 AM
Okay, since I'm here, I can't resist -

For 2long, Ap, SS, AD, and the other campfire bugs. But mostly for GRAYCLOUD! LOL

Enjoy!
Posted By: DancesWithGoats Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/09/09 10:14 AM
weaves,

I could not help reading a thread entitled this way!

What a way to wake up. Beatles and DMB, yeeeesssssss.

I miss all that have gone on but especially George, especially George.

RIP George, John, Leroy and I would like to add one old recording of what I would call the completion of a trilogy with the inclusion of an RIP for Michael Brecker and if I am not mistaken (and I very well could be) that is Billy Preston on piano. If so a big RIP to Billy.

Enjoy this old recording and thanks for a great way to wake up this morning.

Posted By: weaver Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/09/09 10:28 AM
Wow, Paul Simons' "Still Crazy After All These Years" with a real jazzy twist.

Cool, thank you, sadsosad. Btw, I hope your feeling better than you name implies. Takes time, but joy does come back. Hope the days are more joyous than not, now.
Posted By: weaver Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/09/09 10:36 AM
I love this one so much. Makes me glad to be alive to hear such beauty. Gotta love the BEE GEES, and especially this -

Posted By: DancesWithGoats Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/09/09 10:37 AM
Thanks weaves.

The days are anything but joyous but I am working on getting there one way or the other.

I will now leave this to you and Pepper.

Thanks again, I am listening again and smiling.

EDIT: I just saw your last inclusion. I have to admit, I always did love the BeeGees. As a musician I was sometimes a little afraid to admit that, at least in front of my musician friends but even when I hated HATED disco I loved the BeeGees. My other very secret music love... blush...The Carpenters. She had the voice of an angel and he could write and arrange music so that it just worked. RIP Karen.
Posted By: weaver Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/09/09 12:11 PM
My little girl's middle name came from this Beatles' song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBwGmOexmNo&feature=relatedl's

Not that it means anything to anyone other than her and I.

"I love you, I love you, I love you.

Yes,I will say the only words I know that you'll understand, my Michelle."

Posted By: DancesWithGoats Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/09/09 12:28 PM
Ahhh, such a lovely song. I never can decide which song I like the best, probably the one I am listening to at the moment. grin Your daughter is honored with that name.

When Pepper is done with this
I hope she comes in with some tunes as well.
Posted By: weaver Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/09/09 12:34 PM
Okay, one more, being the little hippy child that I am, gotta include "Imagine"

Pep, most of all I would like to say THANK YOU for helping me be a better, stronger mother. God, she's a great kid. And I just booked her ticket to come here for the summer.

That's all.

Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/09/09 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by weaves
I would have sent it to Mel, Ark, Res, Mimi, Faithers, Kimmy, Kiwi, Commited and the rest, but they don't really get music, do they? Haha

What do ya mean, I don't get music!?? cry Did I not once post The Yeller Rose of Texas for you??? You ungrateful little YOOPER!! grumble

psssssst, so good to see you, dear friend. smile {{{{{{{{{{{{{weaver}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Posted By: committedandlovi Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/09/09 01:05 PM

I "get" music very well, thank you very much.

Just this morning I wuz singin' "My Old Kentucky Home" and then I went right into "Old Folks at Home" better known as "Swanee River".

I keep up with the times....yesssiree.

committed
Posted By: TJD Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/09/09 01:10 PM
Okay, since I'm here, I can't resist -

For 2long, Ap, SS, AD, and the other campfire bugs. But mostly for GRAYCLOUD! LOL

Enjoy!

Now that was great!
Posted By: weaver Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/09/09 01:13 PM
HA HA HA, freak'n hillbillies, the both of ya.

I knew that would drag you out, Mel & Committed!

I love you guys!
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/09/09 02:03 PM
Pep, most of all I would like to say THANK YOU for helping me be a better, stronger mother. God, she's a great kid. And I just booked her ticket to come here for the summer.

Thanks.
I am overrun with emotions right now.
YOU are freakin' awesome Weav.

Weav ~~~> loveheart <~~~ Sgt. Pep

Posted By: Pepperband Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/09/09 02:22 PM
When I die, and go to my (?) "reward" pray ... I know for a fact that the one personal possession of mine that I AM CERTAIN my kids will fight over, is my Beatles collectables from the 60's, 70's, 80's. I should probably put some of it in the safety deposit box, but I like looking at it ... so I look at it.

Both our kids are avid Beatles fans. (duh)

This isn't my site, but I was ** HERE ** .... and I have that poster.

I have my $1 ticket stub for the movie Hard Day's Night .... and the funniest thing that came with it is a saucer sized paper "button" with a string to tie to my clothes that says:

"I have my Beatles Movie ticket. Do you?"
rotflmao

I wore that thing everywhere !
rotflmao

Posted By: Pepperband Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/09/09 02:33 PM
I've now watched all the links ....
dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2

Posted By: Neak Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/09/09 02:35 PM
Hi Weaves, so good hearing from you! hurray
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/09/09 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by committedandlovi
Just this morning I wuz singin' "My Old Kentucky Home" and then I went right into "Old Folks at Home" better known as "Swanee River".

I keep up with the times....yesssiree.

committed

SEE??? I told ya we "GET" music!! Me and my friend, commie, know a good tune when we see it, don't we, commie?? laugh
Posted By: still seeking Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/09/09 05:09 PM
Right back at ya Weaves -

- SS
Posted By: DancesWithGoats Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/09/09 05:10 PM
MelodyLane,

For you. I spent every vacation of my childhood in Irving and both of my brothers eventually lived in Houston. I love me some Texas!

http://www.truveo.com/jason-castro-day-deep-in-the-heart-of-texas/id/2367954725

EDIT: I tried to get Tex Ritter but it was not available. Don't know who this guy is but it was the song that mattered. I really wanted Tex, frown.
Posted By: faithful follower Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/10/09 01:58 AM
Originally Posted by Pepperband

Thanks.
I am overrun with emotions right now.
YOU are freakin' awesome Weav.

Weav ~~~> loveheart <~~~ Sgt. Pep
Yes she is! I feel like I "grew up" with you, weaver dear.
Posted By: Dealan-de Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/11/09 12:26 PM
(((((((((((((((ALL OF THE OLD FARTS))))))))))))))))
Posted By: Aphelion Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/11/09 03:52 PM
Oooh, thank you weaves.

I love it. I bookmarked it

Did you notice how sweaty they all are? Must have been hot! Makes it seem more real.

So happy for you now...

PS: I’ll tell 2L you asked. He will come around for you.
Posted By: 2long Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/11/09 06:53 PM
I ac2ally liked the Bee Gees before the disco days. Holiday was my favorite:

Man, that takes me back! Those guys were cuter than some of the girls in HS that I had crushes on at the time!

Ah yes, All Along the Watchtower! I prefer Jimi's redition of Bob's song, though. He managed total heaviosity!

Nearly evereyone did Dylan's music better than he did, though he sure wrote great lyrics. Most of them sound nothing like the original.

I also like Sarah Polley's rendition of the Tragically Hip's "Courage" for the movie "The Sweet Hereafter." Great movie, 2, though it'll make you cry. Did me.

-ol' 2long
Posted By: 2long Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/12/09 01:43 AM
Some uplifting stuff:

-ol' 2long
Posted By: Just Learning Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/12/09 03:43 AM
2L,

If you like the Old Bee Gee's one my all time favorite songs was "Words". They were better before disco. Talking about the Beatles, makes me think of college. I was in college when they first started and spending summers in Europe at that time. There was a completely different take on their music there.

Had most of their albums, but somehow they got "borrowed" over the years. Still ticks me off.

JL
Posted By: KiwiJ Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/12/09 04:59 AM
Old fart reporting for duty. Whaddya mean I don't "get" music. The music died in the 70s There hasn't been anything worthwhile produced since then.

Rob and I discovered Little Feat just after we were married and have been hooked ever since. LOL, JL, someone "borrowed" all Rob's Beatles and Rolling Stones sometime in the 70s and they were really special. He's since re-bought all of them on DVD but he loved his vinyl. I'm sure he only went out with me because I had a "record player" and he didn't. lol. I married him for his book collection.

I also like early BeeGees and early Fleetwood Mac (before the girls) but then got to like the late stuff.

We actually gathered at a friend's house to listen to Sergeant Pepper when it first came out. I remember how we all sat around and waited for the LP to be put on the turntable. Gee, I really am an old fart.
Posted By: 2long Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/12/09 11:51 AM
I was in college when they first started and spending summers in Europe at that time.

Good gawd, you really ARE old! I was in the 4th grade at the time!

-ol' 2long
Posted By: Dealan-de Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/12/09 12:11 PM
> DVD but he loved his vinyl.

The flea market around the corner from my house has loads of albums. I just got a Moody Blues album for $1.
Posted By: princessmeggy Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/12/09 03:00 PM
The music died in the 70s There hasn't been anything worthwhile produced since then.

Ain't that the truth!
Posted By: cinderella Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/12/09 03:13 PM
my 18-y-o daughter and I love vinyl.. loveheart..still have my turntable. bought it used in the dark ages.....

OMG, it's from the last millenium!!! faint
Posted By: cinderella Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/12/09 03:17 PM
:crosseyedcrazy: Hey, I've been lovin' Leonard Cohen for years......poet/songwiter extraordinaire cool
Posted By: princessmeggy Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/12/09 03:18 PM
Remember when you could get 45's for .99 cents? I had Donnie and Marie, Carpenters, Marvin Gaye, Beach Boys, Beatles, etc. My dad thought they were all heatherns. LOL
Posted By: cinderella Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/12/09 05:13 PM
I think I still have some of my old 45s.
Posted By: Just Learning Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/12/09 08:26 PM
2L

Good gawd, you really ARE old! I was in the 4th grade at the time!

-ol' 2long

Ease up old fella, some of us are young at heart. smile

I'm old enough that AARP quit sending me any requests to join. hurray

I will say you cannot be good old fashion "rock and roll".

Jen, I liked the eary Stones as well. Always like "playin with Fire", a pretty good ballad for the Stones.

JL
Posted By: jayne241 Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/12/09 09:55 PM
OMG did someone just mention Little Feat???

The names of my computers are:
dixiechicken
tennlamb
lilfeat (laptop)
Pocket Rocket (handheld)

"I've been from Tucson to Tucumcari..."
Posted By: justpeachy08 Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/12/09 10:18 PM
I have a few 45's too.

And I have a confession to make..I ordered a vintage Whitesnake tour shirt from 1987 (year I graduated high school)..it's printed on a baby T..but darn it my sis and I were both there! They were the opening act for Bon Jovi.
Posted By: MrsWondering Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/12/09 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by justpeachy08
I have a few 45's too.

And I have a confession to make..I ordered a vintage Whitesnake tour shirt from 1987 (year I graduated high school)..it's printed on a baby T..but darn it my sis and I were both there! They were the opening act for Bon Jovi.

LOL Peach! That's the year I graduated too! I remember putting Whitesnake's "Slide It In" album and Madonna's "Like A Virgin" album on my Christmas list one year...The look on my mama's face when she read that was PRICELESS!!! rotflmao

And hey...Was that the "Slippery When Wet" Bon Jovi tour? I was there too - we coulda been sittin' next to each other!!! We got there late and didn't see the opening act though...I didn't realize it was Whitesnake! (ETA: Oh wait, I just remembered you probably didn't live in Atlanta yet back then, huh?)

Mrs. W

P.S. Mr. W and I were out last weekend and it made me SO SAD to see that the drinking age sign said "You must be born by today's date in 1987 to drink"!!! WHAT??? :MrEEk: Surely we aren't that old!!! cry
Posted By: justpeachy08 Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/13/09 12:42 AM
I wisheth they wereth jesting..tis true. frown
Darn it..I remember my 21 bar salute my friends gave me on that birthday in downtown memphis.

That was where I saw Whitesnake btw..I loved "still of the night"..I thought they were the reincarnation of Led Zep!
Alas, there's only one Robert Plant and Jimmy Page though..
Posted By: chrisner Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/13/09 12:57 AM
Hi Pep,

The "Happy Birthday" tiara still sits among DD21’s trophies in my family room.

Thank you.

Chrisner.
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/13/09 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by chrisner
Hi Pep,

The "Happy Birthday" tiara still sits among DD21’s trophies in my family room.

Thank you.

Chrisner.

I'd like to secretly send her something else this year. Any objections?
Posted By: cinderella Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/13/09 10:50 AM
I'm still bemused by the Robert Plant/Allison Kraus combination. Oh, Kraus has been at my church some over the last few weeks.

The first concert I remember going to was The Carpenters. It's killing me, though, to not make it to any show on Leonard Cohen's current tour.
Posted By: chrisner Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/13/09 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by The Pepster
I'd like to secretly send her something else this year. Any objections?

Not at all. My email is in my profile.
Posted By: black_raven Re: Hey Pepperband, old girl - 05/13/09 02:44 PM
I always remember White Snake for their Here I Go Again video with Tawny Kitaen rolling around on the car. laugh

The Beatles? Who are they? stickout
© Marriage Builders® Forums