Marriage Builders
Posted By: Edandsan In love with brother-in-law - 05/19/09 08:48 AM
Hello,

I am posting a new threath because I have not been able to see any posts in this Forum regarding my situation.
It all started 3 years ago when I fell in love with my brother-in-law.
I have seen signs that he may feel the same, however we have never, ever acted on it.
Not long ago, before finding out about this site and Dr. Harley's helpful books, I emailed my BIL (who lives in another country) and expressed my feelings for him. He replied very nicely but with no answer in that respect.
After that I found this helpful Website and read that I should tell my husband about my feelings for his brother so I did so.
We are now in therapy to help out our marriage and bought a couple of Dr. Harley's books who are helping a great deal.
This is all very new to us and feel very disoriented about how to act with his brother.
Following Dr. Harley's advice I am trying to cut off all contact with him, however is hard not to hear how he is since we see his parents all the time and tell us about him.
Do you have any advice to help us cope with this?
I could cut off al ties if it was somebody not related to us but his brother will always be in our lifes. Will there always be a risk of an affair?

Please, help us. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: babyonboard Re: In love with brother-in-law - 05/19/09 08:56 AM
Not to be too harsh but- You are not in love with your brother in law- your love with the idea of him. A fantasy of what it would be like etc.. He has flaws just like everyone else, the grass is not greener, so pull your head out of the fog, quit daydreaming, look at your husband, get down on your knee's and be thankful he is still standing next to you!
Posted By: Cherished Re: In love with brother-in-law - 05/19/09 09:08 AM
Well, I've fallen in love a few times in my marriage and am headed that way right now. At this point, 16 years into a terrible marriage in which my husband has been both abusive and unfaithful, I get the idea -- falling in love is natural and not really all that big of a deal. The key is to never ever be alone with the person and to not express your feelings to him. I don't think there's anything unusual or threatening about having feelings. What is threatening is acting on them. Be polite and cordial but not intimate with him, especially with conversations even by email. You have done a brave thing in telling your husband. Now ask him to always be present when you are with your brother in law.

This society makes the feeling of love into the be all and end all of life. It is a wonderful feeling, no doubt, but commitment and care for the person you vowed to cherish for life should trump a feeling. Personally, I think you're making a big deal out of what is natural and to be expected during the course of a marriage. Take precautions now, and suffer no regrets later. I don't think there's any need to tell anyone other than your husband. You made a mistake to tell your BIL, and it was good that he did not say anything in return. Let it drop. Don't bring it up with him. Talk with your husband about what to say if he brings it up.

Had you acted on those feelings, that would be a different story. You have done nothing, absolutely nothing wrong, in having feelings. In fact, you are to be admired for admitting to them and telling your husband. How many of us betrayed spouses would have appreciated honesty! Because you are being honest, even when it is painful for you and for your husband, you have the strength of character to avoid an affair.

I knew a woman once whose husband had an affair with her brother's wife. Two marriages ended, and there were young children involved. In fact, the marriage ended before the last child was born. And for what? A feeling. How very sad.

Cherished
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: In love with brother-in-law - 05/19/09 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by Edandsan
I could cut off al ties if it was somebody not related to us but his brother will always be in our lifes. Will there always be a risk of an affair?

Does your husband know about your feelings for the BIL? Is the BIL married and does his wife know this?

Did you have an emotional affair with your BIL?

And yes, you should cut off all contact with the BIL, because this will always be a threat. Do you know that the reason you are in love with your BIL is because you allowed him to meet needs that should have been met by your H? That means that you don't have good boundaries outside of your marriage. When you allow someone else to meet one need, the others are soon to follow. I am pointing this out so that you know that you have a boundary problem in your marriage and this will happen again unless you change them.

Posted By: Edandsan Re: In love with brother-in-law - 05/19/09 09:20 AM
Thanks to all for replying so quickly.

Dear Babyonboard, thanks for your reply. I do know for sure I am in love with my BIL. I have only been in love 4 times in my life, I am now 33. But it's OK, I understand why it may just seem a Fatasy.

Dear Cherished, your answer helped me a lot. This is something I needed to hear. I agree with you, falling in love with people happens naturally over the course of a marriage and I am probably making a big deal out if. Thanks, I really needed to hear this.

Dear MelodyLane, thanks to you too. You are right, DH and myself have been talking about what emotional needs we need to work on so we can fall in love with each other again. Is it really possible to fall back in love with your spouse after many years of marriage? I would love it!

Thanks again, so far your answers are very helpful.
Posted By: turtlehead Re: In love with brother-in-law - 05/19/09 09:32 AM
Following Dr. Harley's advice I am trying to cut off all contact with him, however is hard not to hear how he is since we see his parents all the time and tell us about him.
Do you have any advice to help us cope with this?
Yes.

Tell BIL's wife about your feelings.

Tell your inlaws about your feelings and ask that they not discuss BIL with you in the future. If they continue to talk about BIL, sever ties with them.

Better to lose your inlaws than your husband.
Posted By: SugarCane Re: In love with brother-in-law - 05/19/09 10:09 AM
Hi Edandsan,

You will find the following helpful:
Escaping the jaws of infidelity: How to avoid an affair: Letter no.1
Escaping the jaws of infidelity: How to avoid an affair: Letter no.2

I am glad that you are seeking help with avoiding the tragedy of an affair.

Posted By: black_raven Re: In love with brother-in-law - 05/19/09 10:20 AM
I do know for sure I am in love with my BIL.

Hmmmmm....

What do you love about him? How long have you been BIL/SIL?
Posted By: black_raven Re: In love with brother-in-law - 05/19/09 10:25 AM
Also, when you told BIL of your feelings you said he did not respond in kind. What did he tell you?
Posted By: babyonboard Re: In love with brother-in-law - 05/19/09 11:51 AM
To answer your question from your other thread- yes you can fall in love with your H again. But you need to stop looking at other men.
You claim to have fallen in love 3x since you have been with H- that's quite a few and a serious red flag. Melody lane is spot on about the boundaries issues. Start there.

I have some questions for you though-
-
-What happened 3 years ago that made you fall in love with bil?
-What does it take for you to fall "in love"?
-What does it mean to be "in love" for you? It is different for everyone.
-What was it about this time that made you willing to cross the line and contact BIL and tell him your feelings?
-What was it about the other men that prevented you from crossing that line?
-What do feel about those men now when you look back- are you still in love with them?
- You say you have the books and have been reading- have read and do you fully understand the idea of the "love Chemicals", their purpose and average length of effect?
-Plus the questions that Black Raven asked.

I think that if you answer these questions truthfully you might be able to get at the source of your issues. Good luck.
Posted By: Edandsan Re: In love with brother-in-law - 05/19/09 11:56 AM
Hi all!
Thanks for your new answers.

And thanks for the links SugarCane, however I could not open the two links. Is there another way to have access to them? They seem useful.

Thanks to you too Black_raven. I love all the attention my BIL give me when we are together. He is sweet and kind to me and does things for me just to see me happy like offer to help with the kids, with household tasks...
We have been BIL/SIL for 14 years.
When he replied to my confession he just said he was missing all of us and loved us but his new life is in the new country now and must go on there. He thanked me for being so honest and said he liked my sincerity about how I felt.
I have to say that the only time I knew for sure he felt the same was in a family vacation getaway where we were all together for 10 days (his parents, himself, my DH, our DD and myself)and without saying anything to each other we would just look at each other and just know... it's so hard to explain... it had never happened to me before... our eyes would meet across the room with everybody else around us, and then everything and everyone in the room would disappear...it was like we could see each other's souls...Gosh, so hard to explain!!!
I am not sure if this is what one feels when it's real love...has not happened to me with my DH.
Anyway, any thoughts about this?
I really appreciate your answers!

Posted By: black_raven Re: In love with brother-in-law - 05/19/09 12:14 PM
I love all the attention my BIL give me when we are together. He is sweet and kind to me and does things for me just to see me happy like offer to help with the kids, with household tasks...

Well geez, that describes my mom, dad, sister, brother, inlaws, friends and a bunch of other people too yet I'm not "in love" with any of them. That's just being considerate.

and without saying anything to each other we would just look at each other and just know... it's so hard to explain... it had never happened to me before... our eyes would meet across the room with everybody else around us, and then everything and everyone in the room would disappear...it was like we could see each other's souls...Gosh, so hard to explain!!!

Heck women can fall "in love" with a soap opera hunk on TV. LOL

:crosseyedcrazy: Human beings feel attraction for a variety of reason, most of which have nothing to do with "love". Lust maybe but not love. I agree that you are "in love" with the idea of what BIL is. He might very well be a swell guy, but what do you really know of him? Guess what, BIL blechs and farts just like all other men. You don't have to cook or clean for him. You don't have put up with him leaving the toilet seat up, laundry on the floor, being late, etc. so of course he looks good to you. My H told me POSOW was always on her best behavior so it was EASY to think she was all that even though he had to ignore the obvious WTF charcter flaws she must possess to cheat in the first place.

This is fantasy E.

Posted By: Edandsan Re: In love with brother-in-law - 05/19/09 12:21 PM
Ok Black_raven, I see your point and you are probably right, this could be all Fantasy. The thing is I know my BIL well and know things I do not like about him and, if I had to choose between my DH or him, I would still stay with my DH. I just consider my BIL for a good time together so maybe I am answering myself and this is LUST, even though I have loved him for a long time as a brother so I do really LOVE the man. I guess you are right, the attraction that we have always felt for each other made my love for him to become romantic love and Lust at the same time.
I still think of him every day though and miss him and enjoy his company when we are together.
I love my husband too but I am not in love with him. This is what is missing now between us and so desperatly I am trying to feel towards him.
Anyway, thanks for keeping on replying to me, it does help.
Posted By: Justlooking24 Re: In love with brother-in-law - 05/19/09 12:25 PM
Sounds like limerence to me.

Read "The Road Less Traveled" by Scott Peck. He explains what "love" really is. Its not anything like what you are describing.

Posted By: MyRevelation Re: In love with brother-in-law - 05/19/09 12:25 PM
From a male perspective, it looks more like a schoolgirl crush or plain ole infatuation to me. I don't even think I would consider it an A, technically, because of the one-sided aspect of it.
Posted By: InLikeFlynn Re: In love with brother-in-law - 05/19/09 12:26 PM
If I was the husband I would be pissed that my brother did not tell me about this!!!! mad

You know that their relationship, even though it didn't go any where, will never be the same because of you!!! He has become a threat!!! And less of a brother by not saying anything!!!

From now on there should be no family events involving the brother!!! Your a grown women and destroyed that relationship and now the rest of the family needs to be told why!!!
Posted By: babyonboard Re: In love with brother-in-law - 05/19/09 12:27 PM
[quote=Edandsan]

Thanks to you too Black_raven. I love all the attention my BIL give me when we are together. He is sweet and kind to me and does things for me just to see me happy like offer to help with the kids, with household tasks...

If that is all it takes- maybe you should tell your husband to help around the house and with the kids a little more.

We have been BIL/SIL for 14 years.

You were pretty young (19) right? Why so young- were you in love- or was there some other reason that you married and maybe you have been dealing with these latent issues of being married when you didn't want to be? Definitely something to bring up with counselor.

When he replied to my confession he just said he was missing all of us and loved us but his new life is in the new country now and must go on there. He thanked me for being so honest and said he liked my sincerity about how I felt.

Ok, he could be an honorable man that won't even think about his brothers wife or he doesn't share your feelings. I know which one you want to believe.

I have to say that the only time I knew for sure he felt the same was in a family vacation getaway where we were all together for 10 days (his parents, himself, my DH, our DD and myself)and without saying anything to each other we would just look at each other and just know... it's so hard to explain... it had never happened to me before... our eyes would meet across the room with everybody else around us, and then everything and everyone in the room would disappear...it was like we could see each other's souls...Gosh, so hard to explain!!!

Excuse me for a moment I need to go get my shovel and boots- or maybe my fog horn. faint

I am not sure if this is what one feels when it's real love...has not happened to me with my DH.

What you are describing is lust/fantasy- plain and simple. Really you should read or reread about the lust/love chemicals and the anatomy of love. As someone wiser than I has said many times on this board- love is not a feeling- it is an action!

Anyway, any thoughts about this?
I really appreciate your answers!

[/quote

I want you to know that normally I really a very subdued member but something about your post really has my knickers in a twist. And I do want you to succeed with you relationship. So I tried to swing lightly. Really good luck.
Posted By: black_raven Re: In love with brother-in-law - 05/19/09 12:33 PM
BIL TOLD you this:

Nowhere in there did he even remotely describe this:

our eyes would meet across the room with everybody else around us, and then everything and everyone in the room would disappear...it was like we could see each other's souls.

Yet you claim to KNOW for certain that he felt this way because you did. crazy

Posted By: Edandsan Re: In love with brother-in-law - 05/19/09 12:34 PM
This is really interesting.
I am just now learning about what Limerence is. I had never heard about it before but it seems to describe how I feel.
Thanks for your new posts, it is really helping me understand what is going on with me.
So if this is just a crush or infatuation it seems quite safe.
The possibility of a future affair with my BIL could just be in my mind then.
I wish I could say I am 100% sure of that but when I am around him...things seem different!
Anyway, thanks again and I am appreciating all your answers.
Posted By: MicheleG Re: In love with brother-in-law - 05/19/09 12:35 PM
I love all the attention my BIL give me when we are together. He is sweet and kind to me and does things for me just to see me happy like offer to help with the kids, with household tasks...

Those are the ENs your DH has to work on meeting. You need to work on not allowing ANYONE, besides your DH, to meet your top needs. Those are boundaries.

Were there other communications with your BIL that your DH was not privy to? Did you have discussions with him that were inappropriate? Personal discussions? I'm just wondering because to really know someone you have to have those types of communications, otherwise it is a fantasy.
Posted By: black_raven Re: In love with brother-in-law - 05/19/09 12:41 PM

No it's not safe. The best thing going for you is that BIL lives in another country.

I wish I could say I am 100% sure of that but when I am around him...things seem different

Until you can see the reality of the situation it is not "safe" for you to be around BIL. You can destroy your H's family by indulging in such thoughts. The danger is very real. Hopefully, the Flint's will post as they will be speaking from experience on the double betrayal involved when the OP is a family member.
Posted By: turtlehead Re: In love with brother-in-law - 05/19/09 12:53 PM
The possibility of a future affair with my BIL could just be in my mind then.

On the contrary, it is VERY dangerous! You need to learn, first of all, that while infatuations feel very powerful they are ONLY feelings and not indicative of whether or not a relationship with that person would ever be a success.

For feelings of infatuation to develop, you must spend time thinking about the OP (other person). This time and energy is energy you are stealing from your marriage, and that's very dangerous.

You need to learn to recognize those first little glimmers of "gee, he seems interesting" and learn to modify your behavior and thoughts so that an infatuation doesn't develop. It usually helps to do something loving for your spouse, and to think about your spouse, instead of OP.

Also, it helps to NEVER be alone with a male who is not your husband. No "innocent" lunches, no innocent rides to the store or whatever, no taking the kids to the playground together... unless a third person is along.

Infatuation is lots of fun, but it's not real and it's powerfully dangerous. It can destroy your life. Yes, your entire life for the rest of your years, leaving you with nothing.
Posted By: Neak Re: In love with brother-in-law - 05/19/09 01:21 PM
From Dr. H:

R. J. described the essential conditions for an affair quite well. First, there is usually a dissatisfaction with marriage that stems from the failure to meet an important emotional need. For R.J., her need is conversation, which is usually missing in marriage when women have affairs. She has a deep and pervasive need to talk to her husband, a need that all the gifts in the world cannot meet.

R.J.'s husband has demonstrated his care for her in many different ways. But he doesn't care for her in the way that would deposit the most love units. Because he has not met her need for conversation, she is vulnerable to an affair.

The best friend of R.J.'s husband (we'll call him Bob) didn't intend to meet her emotional needs whenever he talked to her. He was just being friendly, and carried on conversations the way he would with almost anyone. But whether he intended to or not, whenever he talked with her, he deposited scores of love units. After a while, he might have noticed how his conversations were effecting her, but I'm not sure he would have made much of it.

I'm also sure that R.J. did not intend to fall in love with Bob. Those feelings that he rekindled in her came as a surprise, and she is at a loss to know what to do about it. She knows that they are a risk to her marriage, and yet she feels compelled to draw ever closer to the object of her new love.

There are some who feel that those feelings of love are a signal from God to abandon past relationships and rush into this new relationship. But it's no signal from God. Instead, it's the way our emotions mindlessly encourage us to spend more time with those who meet our emotional needs. If we submitted to our emotions, and chased after anyone who at the moment deposited the most love units in our Love Banks, our lives would become chaotic in no time. And the lives of family and friends, to say nothing about our own lives, would be trashed.

The more sane way to approach unsuspected feelings of love toward those outside of marriage is to confront the problem honestly and intelligently. But R.J. did not want to appear to be an ungrateful complainer, so she violated the Policy of Radical Honesty. She did not reveal her true feelings to her husband so that they could resolve the crisis together.

It's true that in some marriages a spouse will complain about an unmet need, and find their complaint met with anger and recriminations. When there seems to be no hope for satisfaction, these people find themselves particularly vulnerable to an affair. After all, the spouse had a chance to meet the need, but refused. So why not have an affair?

But in R.J.'s case, and in many like her's, the spouse is given no opportunity to learn to meet the unmet need, because it is not clearly revealed.

So far, R.J. is not actually having an affair. She is simply drawn to Bob. He is attractive to her because he is so easy to talk to. Whenever they are together, he makes a special effort to converse with her, and he shows a genuine interest her favorite topics. The friends of good conversation prevail, and the enemies of good conversation are nowhere to be found (see the Q&A column, "What to Do When Your Conversation Becomes Boring and Unpleasant"). The pleasure of her conversation with him deposited so many love units that she fell in love with him, and so it's natural to assume that she will want to talk to him even more. She is finding it difficult to wait for the next opportunity to see him. If she wants to talk to him more often, she will need to create new ways to spend more time with him.

R.J. is now at a crossroads. She can take the next step in developing her relationship with her husband's friend, or she can explain her problem to her husband and try to resolve the issue with him. The advice I gave her was to tell her husband about the entire situation. He should be the one she enjoys talking to the most, and her feelings for his best friend was a good wake-up call. If her husband were to learn to meet her need for conversation, the temptation to have an affair with Bob would be much easier to handle.

But if she were to do what most people instinctively do, her next step would be to tell the man how she felt about him, and ask him to get together with her more often, privately. She would tell him precisely what she wrote in her letter to me, saying that he has "rekindled feelings in me that have been dormant for a long time. I find myself thinking about you often and wish I could be with you. I feel so guilty and ashamed of these feelings, but nevertheless, they are there. I try not to think about you, but I do."

Once this honest expression of feelings is out of the bag, an affair is off and running. Even if her husband's friend had never given her a single romantic thought, the seed is planted, and starts to grow. Such an admission would lead to his thinking long and hard about his own marriage, and he would start seeing R.J. in an entirely new way. If one of his important emotional needs was not being met in his marriage, he would express his frustration to R.J., and she would willingly agree to meet that need. The rest would be history.

Of course, it's possible that Bob, all along, was feeling the same way toward R.J. as she felt for him, and after her declaration of love for him, he would immediately reciprocate, fall into each other's arms, and run off to a motel together.

But it's more likely that they would simply talk to each other more often, depositing even more love units. Sex is actually not the driving force in most affairs -- it is conversation and affection. In fact, most people who have affairs regard the sex as a minor player. What they appreciate the most about the relationship is the love and acceptance that is communicated in their conversation. But sex is usually the inevitable outcome, and since sex works best with great conversation and affection, the sex is also great. Once sex is added to the mix, so many love units get deposited that the couple cannot imagine losing each other. They are both addicted to the relationship...

At the crossroads R.J. faces, she should avoid telling Bob how she feels about him at all costs. And she should certainly not let him know that she is dissatisfied with her husband. As soon as Bob would know about her feelings for him and her marital dissatisfaction, the risk of an affair would be so great that she must end her friendship with him for life. From the moment he knows she loves him, their friendship should end.

The possibility of a healthy relationship with BIL is ended for good. The family has already been torn apart. Before that letter, there was a chance of fixing things quietly. Now there is none.

For the sake of your sacred marriage, you must have NC with BIL for life.
Posted By: Cherished Re: In love with brother-in-law - 05/19/09 05:37 PM
It is dangerous when you consider it safe!

People don't hop into bed with each other right away. They usually go down a long path of increasing intimacy.

My recommendation is that you not make too much of it with others but protect your heart by not being alone with him or having any sort of conversation, even by email, with him.

It's easy to fall in love. You already have. If you do what comes naturally, you'll spend some time with him, the intimacy will grow, and one day you'll be sleeping with him. If you do what goes against your nature, you'll take precautions to have as little to do with him as possible and make sure you are always with someone else, preferably your husband, when you are in his company.

I have become very fond of the husband of a friend of mine. We get together as couples. I would never do anything to hurt my friend, and that includes staying away from her husband! I had thought of giving him a book to read that I thought he'd enjoy, and then I thought better of it. I am taking the precaution to never have anything to say to him or to be with him outside of our couples friendship.

Cherished
Posted By: Zelmo Re: In love with brother-in-law - 05/19/09 06:04 PM
Why would you disclose your feelings to your BIL? That seems really out of line. What were you hoping would happen?
Were you concerned about the effect on your H or your BIL? What effect do you think this will have on your H's relationship with his brother?
To me, doing this seems very abusive.
Posted By: Wknghrd2LoveEasy Re: In love with brother-in-law - 05/19/09 06:12 PM
This thread has been bothering me all day.

It is NOT OK to fall in love with someone other than your spouse. It is then an emotional affair. It does not matter if it
is 2-sided or not.

The way to avoid falling in love is to totally avoid allowing ANY needs to be met by someone of the opposite sex. If you find yourself thinking a lot about someone you are NOT married to, THAT is the time to KILL it. And I mean KILL it. Do whatever is necessary to stop the thoughts. Do this BEFORE you think you are in love.

When ANY type of "romantic" thought is given to anyone other than
your spouse, it IS adultery. If it can be stopped BEFORE there are love feelings and certainly before it is a full-blown affair
then all the better.

Jesus said that if you lust in YOUR HEART, you have already committed adultery. And the vows we take at our weddings say that we will forsake all others. That does not just mean physically, it means mentally also.

When you are thinking about someone else, you see your spouse differently. You clearly see what you are dissatisfied with and entertain the thought that they should somehow be "this" or "that" or whatever.

I am with Neak on this. NC with BIL for life and the possibility of any normal relationship is gone. Sad but true.

Edandsan, run for your life from your BIL. It is GOOD you told your H, but not good enough if that is all you are going to do.

You are NOT powerless over your feelings. You can fall out of love. You can FORCE yourself to fall out of love.

When I have more time I will post a litle about my first marriage. Never had an affair, but was very immature and believed this nonsense that you could love more than one man at a time and that mere attraction was harmless. A world of hurt is ALL you will ever get if you continue down this path.

I really do get how it happens, but it is still wrong. I get the feeling that you think this is just how it is, that the feelings popped up out of nowhere and they are just sweeping you along. These feelings can be CONQUERED.

You owe a great deal of restituion to your H.

Blessings.
Posted By: Wknghrd2LoveEasy Re: In love with brother-in-law - 05/19/09 06:34 PM

No, no, no!!! You are not a schoolgirl. You have passed out of that naive period of your life. NO crush, NO infatuation, whether one or 2-sided is safe or harmless.

This is NOT interesting. You have crossed a line here. I don't think you see that. I think you think that because you are still married and have not had an "affair" that this is not so bad. You seem to be taking some pleasure in exploring what your feelings realy are here. Are they love? Is it limerance? Is it just infatuation? They are unacceptable. You already have a husband. You are deep in the fog of the WS.

When you talked about the eyes meeting across the room and how you have NEVER had that with your H, you were rewriting marital history, which is typical of a WS.

Whether your BIL returns your feelings or not is totally of NO CONSEQUENCE. YOUR feelings are what matters. And your H's feelings. Period.
Posted By: Bubbles4U Re: In love with brother-in-law - 05/19/09 06:48 PM
Edan, this story does not add up. Why are you here? Are you wanting to build your own marriage or what?
Posted By: Mark1952 Re: In love with brother-in-law - 05/19/09 07:46 PM
E,

Assuming you are still reading and haven't decided to go somewhere to get your own POV echoed back in affirmation, check out this link: Not Just Friends Do the Quizzes found on the Navigation Bar at the
top of the page.

Be sure you have read all of the Basic Concepts on this site.

If you would like to try to repair your marriage and rebuild it into one that can make both you and your husband happy, get a copy of the book Fall In Love/Stay In Love from the bookstore on this site, from a local store or from your local lending library.

There are a LOT of things you can do to improve your marriage but believe me when I tell you that having some fantasy relationship with BIL is not one of them. In addition, attempting to justify your relationship with BIL also makes you extremely vulnerable to other men who might be in a position to take advantage of a weakness that you must realize is within you and not just the result of circumstances. You can be sure that there are men out there who know just what buttons to push when they find a vulnerable woman and will not hesitate to do so in order to get their next notch...

Welcome to Marriage Builders...

Mark
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums