Marriage Builders
Posted By: imagine Posters please keep in touch... - 11/08/09 01:33 PM
This is to all the posters that are lurking or posting now... please let us know of your circumstances.

For years I've posted to folk that have been in trouble. I do discuss your case with friends and am concerned that you recover your relationship and especially yourselves.

I am grateful to hear Pariah, Psubiker and long past posters. I would like to hear more from Stimmer, Bubbles, Musicman, etc.

Call every six months or so. I'll be lurking. If there is anyone that can give details on a poster, you're more than welcome to chime in!

Posted By: stillhurtingnot Re: Posters please keep in touch... - 11/08/09 02:06 PM
Hi Imagine,

I haven't updated my thread in along time, I still think of Hopenpray and her family. Have you heard from her lately?
I updated a little on the BS who didn't recover thier marraige, but I'll give a quick recap of my life. Things are going really well. This past summer was a real turn around for me. I got a new sporty car (traded in my SUV), got a new puppy from he!! (lol) and I met a great guy. I ahve been seeing him for about 3 1/2 months, never thought I would feel happy again.
ExWh is still off and on with the OW and is showing jealousy that I'm not waiting and pining over him any more. His loss, he threw away our 20 plus M.

Life is good.

Still
Posted By: imagine Re: Posters please keep in touch... - 11/08/09 02:42 PM
Hi Still,

I am so happy that you found joy through your life's journey. Hopenpray vanished very suddenly a month or so after her divorce. This was very sad to me as she had hung out for two years awaiting his return.

I was tempted to follow the clues in her post, but I do not think that it is profitable for opposite sex councilling to take place.

Believer was a regular supporter to Hopenpray but disappeared after her ex-husband's suicide. She had a wonderful heart and had endured many disappointments in her life.

Thanks for the update Still!
Posted By: SugarCane Re: Posters please keep in touch... - 11/08/09 04:54 PM
This forum appears to be in decline. I hope it is not terminal.

I think the 3-week meltdown has had a long-lasting effect. It broke the MB habit for some, (and perhaps allowed them to spend time on their marriages) and possibly threw newbies off balance.

There have been shutdowns before, but not with this result.
Posted By: staytogether Re: Posters please keep in touch... - 11/08/09 06:33 PM
I'd like to know if anyone has heard from Ace. She made me feel so welcome in Recovery and disappeared not long after I started posting there.

Haven't had a look to see if SS2 has reappeared in the Divorce forum but she seems to have settled quite nicely into her new life (she did say she was going to avoid the forum).

She'll be missed around here too
Posted By: hope3343 Re: Posters please keep in touch... - 11/08/09 06:50 PM
Any news of School Bus? Feel like I am missing an old friend?
Posted By: serendipitous Re: Posters please keep in touch... - 11/08/09 07:00 PM
I certainly hope it's not a terminal decline but it's definitely a lot lot quieter since the meltdown.

I've not seen Just Learning around for ages and even though Piojitos popped in to make a couple of posts recently, he doesn't post regularly anymore.

Also, where is KiwiJen?

Come back everyone. Please.
Posted By: staytogether Re: Posters please keep in touch... - 11/08/09 07:31 PM
KiwiJen was taking a break form the board - but I'm sure I've seen her about this w/e and JL has been about on MB101 recently.
Posted By: imagine Re: Posters please keep in touch... - 11/08/09 08:17 PM
I suspect that we get more posters during the holiday season. "Y'know the Devil finds work for idle hands"

Anyhow it's bed time for me. G'Nite.
There have been shutdowns before, but not with this result.
Actually it happens every time there is a long down time. Posters realize they are too addicted and try to continue to stay away. Others need to take a break sometimes. Believe me there is ALWAYS someone new to take their place. Having some of the old timers take breaks can give some of the newer members the push to help more. It's all good and all seems to be the MB pattern.
Posted By: imagine Re: Posters please keep in touch... - 11/09/09 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by faithful follower
Posters realize they are too addicted and try to continue to stay away. Others need to take a break sometimes. Believe me there is ALWAYS someone new to take their place.

My wife thinks my posting is an Independent Behaviour.

Are we addicts?
Posted By: SugarCane Re: Posters please keep in touch... - 11/09/09 05:44 PM
Wow! Have you seen which sporadic poster has just joined a thread? If only he'd do that more often!
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums