Marriage Builders
Posted By: Neak My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/09/09 11:59 PM
....and I still haven't seen it, what with all the moving and stuff. Probably it will catch up to me eventually, I hope.

Even better, it is WINNING on the poll on the magazine's website! (I only voted for myself once, I promise.)

Who: Me
What: Article on infidelity - Back from Betrayal
When: October/November issue (still can't believe I missed the whole month of October)
Where: Women of Spirit
Why: Write what you know - this was a no-brainer
How: With my keyboard and a smidge of internet

Now, if you want to read the article but can't get your hands on the magazine (hey, I might even fall into this category), they will post it in their archives after a while, and you can read it for free.

dance2 I'm so excited! I'll be even more excited when I can see it. sigh
Posted By: Dude007 Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by Neak
....and I still haven't seen it, what with all the moving and stuff. Probably it will catch up to me eventually, I hope.

Even better, it is WINNING on the poll on the magazine's website! (I only voted for myself once, I promise.)

Who: Me
What: Article on infidelity - Back from Betrayal
When: October/November issue (still can't believe I missed the whole month of October)

Where: Women of Spirit
Why: Write what you know - this was a no-brainer
How: With my keyboard and a smidge of internet

Now, if you want to read the article but can't get your hands on the magazine (hey, I might even fall into this category), they will post it in their archives after a while, and you can read it for free.

dance2 I'm so excited! I'll be even more excited when I can see it. sigh

How much did it cost you to get "published"? DUDE
Posted By: Neak Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 12:17 AM
Amazingly, they paid me. I used quite a bit of it toward sending the kids to summer camp, and got a few things just for me. grin
Posted By: stillhere8126 Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 12:31 AM
Godd for you, Neak...
Posted By: SugarCane Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by Dude007
Dude, usually you are so silly and funny that it is hard to be cross with you, but that was just nasty.

And if you say "whatever" instead of apologising wholeheartedly, you'll be sent to your room.
Posted By: black_raven Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 12:58 AM
I tried the link and it froze my internet up. frown Will try again later but good for you. hurray
Posted By: Neak Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 01:05 AM
Sugs, you're a sweetie. smile And boy have you been posting good lately, as always! I haven't had time to read much, but I've seen you slam dunk several times in the last few days.

Posted By: thndrnltng Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 01:06 AM

She's had two books published, too, and on the publisher's dime, I might add. If my maternal pride in her literary accomplishments had to depend on DUDE to hold them up, I'd be in a world of hurt. Fortunately, it doesn't. So I'm not.flirt

tl
Posted By: Neak Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 01:06 AM
Stillhere and BR, thank you, but sorry about the internet. blush
Posted By: Neak Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 01:08 AM
rotflmao I mighta knowed my momma would seed this!

(And, as long as we're counting, it was 2 1/2.)
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 01:13 AM
I wanna read the article!! dramaqueen

Dude ... apparently you didnt know that Neak is a published author and a dang good one at that!
Posted By: MrsWondering Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 01:16 AM
Originally Posted by thndrnltng

She's had two books published, too, and on the publisher's dime, I might add. If my maternal pride in her literary accomplishments had to depend on DUDE to hold them up, I'd be in a world of hurt. Fortunately, it doesn't. So I'm not.flirt

tl

I was about to be all over that nasty little dig myself, then I saw good old BioMom (BM *snicker*) had already swooped in to save the day...grin

I can't wait to read the article, Neakie-Poo! Congrats to you again! smile

Mrs. W

P.S. Dude, I hear they have clues for sale at Walmart...You're an accountant, right? Bet you can figure out how to save up and buy one...smirk
Posted By: Neak Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 01:34 AM
Mom always forgets the 1/2 a book, which means she forgets Neaksis' half, too. Mom, if you hurry, maybe you can edit it before she sees it.
Posted By: Neak Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 01:39 AM
hug Thanks, mi amigas. I am sure not blase about this yet, and have NO IDEA how many times it will take before I am. (I'll keep trying to find out, lol.) loveheart
Posted By: SugarCane Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 01:45 AM
Sugs, you're a sweetie. smile
You too, Neakie-poo. I forgot to say congratulations.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Posted By: thndrnltng Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 02:50 AM
Mom always forgets the 1/2 a book, which means she forgets Neaksis' half, too. Mom, if you hurry, maybe you can edit it before she sees it.

What good would it do me to edit me when I can't edit you?rant2MrRollieEyes

been posting good

You are SO being sent to grammar detention!! naughty

mi amigas

A brief lesson en Espanol.That would be "mis amigas". Plural noun, plural modifier. And if it's a mixed group, which it IS with DUDE included, you would use the masculine form and everybody would be "amigos". However, since the "friend" part was a wee, tad ambiguous, I'm not going to quibble about your calling everyone girls. laugh

tl
Posted By: Neak Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 03:28 AM
The grammar is indefensible. I won't try. smile

But the amigas, my gurlz, I was just being lazy. I had thanked all the other well-wishers except Melody Lane and Mrs. Wondering. They have long names, so instead of typing them out, I just called them mi [sic] amigas.

And instead of saving time, I have now not only had to type out their whole names, but an additional lengthy explanation besides.

Yay me!
Posted By: thndrnltng Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 04:26 AM
Yay me!

I confess to the WORLD that I bow in awe before the wizardry of your efficiency. There's just nothing like saving time, is there?rotflmao

tl
Posted By: Neak Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 04:34 AM
"BM" ~snicker2~
Posted By: thndrnltng Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 05:54 AM
"BM" ~snicker2~

That's a crappy attitude to take towards your mother!faint

tl
Posted By: bestrongforyou Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 10:29 AM
Neah, so great for you. I read your story a few months ago and thought you are a great writer - I am so happy for you smile
Posted By: Dealan-de Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 02:44 PM

tl

Having read both books and proudly display them in my library, I'll say from a sisterly standpoint that Neak rocks!

Posted By: Dealan-de Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 02:46 PM
"BM" ~snicker2~

That's a crappy attitude to take towards your mother!faint

tl

Who says T&L isn't punny?
Posted By: Neak Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 03:43 PM
Now that the house with the bad septic is gone, she's got to look a lot harder and farther for all her "crappy" puns. grin

Bestrong, thanks, though I am far from the only author on here, and not even close to the most prolific. (The most that I know of is a beautiful lady that has published more than 9 books. Well, had published for her. And a couple more with publishing dates TBA. Wow!)

Well, gotta go see why I hear the TV on during school time, even though it's educational. Math first, kiddoes!

Posted By: AheadOfTheCurve Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 04:18 PM
Neak,

Getting paid for your work is a big deal. As a best-selling author once wrote:

"The highest order of English prose is "Pay to the order of....."
Posted By: Dude007 Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Dude, usually you are so silly and funny that it is hard to be cross with you, but that was just nasty.

And if you say "whatever" instead of apologising wholeheartedly, you'll be sent to your room.

I'm sorry...I couldn't resist...I won't do it again..DUDE
Posted By: Pepperband Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 05:06 PM
I'm sorry...I couldn't resist...I won't do it again..DUDE

Won't do WHAT again?

belittle?
demean?
joke at someone else's expense?

WHAT behavior have you vowed to stop doing?
Posted By: Dude007 Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 05:13 PM
Oh, c'mon, that joke was harmless? She knew I was kidding...DUDE
Posted By: Pepperband Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 05:51 PM
Oh, c'mon, that joke was harmless? She knew I was kidding...DUDE

So was that apology a joke too?
Color me clueless.
Posted By: princessmeggy Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 06:03 PM
Congrats Neak! That's awesome. I can't wait to read the article.
Posted By: Zelmo Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 06:22 PM
What is a "Woman of Spirit"?
Posted By: SugarCane Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Zelmo
Well, if Neak is one, I want to be one.
Posted By: Dude007 Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/10/09 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Zelmo

I think that means she is really into some crazy sheet in bed??!! Maybe she has to use "safe words" and such.. IDK DUDE
Posted By: Neak Re: My Article Sneaked Up on Me.... - 11/15/09 10:33 PM
flirt Sugar, I know you're already a woman of Spirit! The Holy Spirit, and just plain spirited living, both.

Zelmo, I think we can safely rule out alcohol here. grin
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums