Marriage Builders
Posted By: Carolina Belle Farewell Post - 08/24/01 11:52 PM
I have to take a breather you guys. I've Plan Aed my H for over a year now, and it's done no good. Zip, zilch, nada. I'm 3 months pregnant, and frankly, I barely have the energy to keep myself from knocking him upside the head with a frying pan, let alone Plan A his lying behind.<P>I'm taking a trip to Orlando in November with some girlfriends to get my groove back. I'm going to a writer's conference, and I will be in a costume contest (where I will be on the arm of a delish male model [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] ) I'm hoping that I'll be over my resentment of anything with a penis by that point. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>H and I still live together, but that's about it. I suspect that he has a bimbo in the city, but who knows, pregnancy has made me infinitely more paranoid (I saw that he had called a strange number, I did a reverse lookup, and it was some woman named Laura. I asked him about it, he said that it came up on the caller id and he called it back. She then called while I was at home, and when I picked up, said that she had the wrong number. I told her, "no, you don't, but you'd better stop calling my house before I knock you into a different zip code." She hung up. I had H call her back with me listening. He said, "hello, this is T, I want to know why you kept calling my house," and she hung up. So maybe he's for real, I don't know. But I do know he's spending a hell of a lot more time in the city than usual...but I digress.)<P>Michael is doing well. He has had no asthma attacks since my last freak-out post. He's 2 1/2, and he mimics EVERYTHING! He's an adorable child, a tan, blond, golden boy.<P>I'm doing okay other than the marriage. I'm pregnant, and other than bowing down to the porcelain god more than I did on my 21st birthday, getting fat, crying during diaper commercials, and indigestion, I'm fine. <P>Anyway, I just haven't had the time or energy to post here anymore, but that doesn't mean I've forgotten any of you. Plus things seem to have changed a lot...but I won't get into THAT one either. But if anybody wants to keep in touch, I've set up a new e-mail account you can contact me at: it's carolinabelle1979@yahoo.com<P>Good luck you guys, and God Bless,<BR>Ali
Posted By: Quiet_Goodbye Re: Farewell Post - 08/24/01 11:57 PM
Congrats on the pregnancy -- how did I miss that before?-- take good care of you, your son (so glad about the asthma being better, I'm asthmatic, and understand only too well), and your CB-to-be, and I wrote down your email... PLEASE, tell me 1979 was the year you graduated high school [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]... didn't think so... it was the year you were born or something, right? You are young enough to be my DAUGHTER, young lady!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>(((((CB)))))<P>Thanks for many wonderful times on this board... and I will write you, I promise!!<P>Sheryl
Posted By: cleopatra Re: Farewell Post - 08/25/01 12:33 AM
I do miss reading your posts! I am going to miss you around here.<P>I hope you find some peace in your life soon. You sooooo deserve it. <P>take care,<BR>cleo
Posted By: StillHers Re: Farewell Post - 08/25/01 01:00 AM
Ali,<P>I understand your need for a break. Just remember, it's a sabbatical, not a retirement [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] . You'll use what you've learned here and still be a MBer, no matter how clueless (using the most charitable word I can think of) your H is. We won't forget you while you're gone.<P>BTW, my YS is also a Michael. Great name, IMHO.<P>Take care, and tell us about the book(s) when it(they) come out.<P>Steve<P>
Posted By: Khyra Re: Farewell Post - 08/25/01 02:20 AM
Haven't seen you much around here,maybe it's because I haven't been looking for trouble ... heheh<P>Will miss you anyways. FInd your happiness and CONGRATS, mommy! Take care and drop in now and then and don't forget about the fun times to be had here [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Love Ya, Khyra
Posted By: BINthereDUNthat Re: Farewell Post - 08/25/01 03:08 AM
Will miss you. First things first--get through your pregnancy. Take your iron! Glad to hear about your son's asthma in check. It's a very serious and scary condition, two of my kids have asthmatic lungs so I'm feelin' ya.<P>Keep in touch and don't stop learning MB. Dobson wrote that "Parenting is Not for Cowards" but I believe MARRIAGE is not for cowards either. Keep the faith and keep praying! Will be praying for your family as well...
Posted By: Leilana Re: Farewell Post - 08/25/01 07:26 AM
CB,<P>I am so sorry to hear your H couldn't keep up with you in the area of personal growth. <P>However, YOU! You sound mauvoooolous!!<P>Farewell us if you must. I guess for an update we're just going to have to read your book jackets! <P>God bless, Sweetie. You touched my life. I'm glad you were in it on this journey. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums