Marriage Builders
Posted By: Persevering Poll: Ministers as WS - 08/07/00 03:47 PM
Am taking a very informal poll: How many of you are married to ministers who had A? <P>My brief story: Part-time minister H of 19 years had A with 17 year younger OW. He was helping her work through some of her own marital problems, when "one thing led to another..." On top of being very young, she is of another ethnic background and therefore somewhat exotic and quite beautiful! (As if I needed any help feeling old and un-beautiful.) Was totally blind to all the signs--he would never do anything like that. H got to the point that it was "feast or famine"--he had to confess. He was VERY remorseful, repentant, immediately broke off A--I guess I am lucky. Has been 2 months since dday. (I said this was going to brief! I better stop so the poll can go on!)
Posted By: hopeful now Re: Poll: Ministers as WS - 08/08/00 03:48 AM
My husband was a deacon and Sunday School youth teacher. He too was counseling and trying to help a coworker through her marital woes and impending divorce. He was at a very vulnerable time in his life and our world came crashing down. He is very repentant and trying hard through our own marital counseling now. We are 4 months into recovery.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums