Marriage Builders
Posted By: cinderella Question for the men - 08/08/00 06:46 PM
[Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I'm doing an informal survey and would like a "Yes" or "No" answer to a question. Doing it for guy I've been dating.<P>All I really need is the simple answer though you may provide any additional details you wish.<P>*****Have you ever had a wife/girlfriend who physically abused you?*****<p>[This message has been edited by cinderella (edited August 10, 2000).]
Posted By: Up from here Re: Question for the men - 08/08/00 07:55 PM
Nope. Never.
Posted By: Sir Hurts Alot Re: Question for the men - 08/08/00 09:17 PM
No.
Posted By: Just Learning Re: Question for the men - 08/08/00 10:40 PM
cinderella,<P>I have had 4 former girl friends become physical and punch me in the arm and chest. I just laughed and never considered it abuse. This was a long time ago 30-35 years ago. They were mad and couldn't hurt me anyway. <BR>Today, it would be considered abuse. I never thought much of it. I was/am a lot larger than them.<P>Does this help your survey.<P>JL
Posted By: cinderella Re: Question for the men - 08/10/00 09:42 PM
Ok guys - I know you're here. Speak up!!
Posted By: No_Trust Re: Question for the men - 08/10/00 10:19 PM
My sister's boyfriend told me that her boyfriend's ex-girlfriend used to hit him & would become violent whenever she was mad at him.<P>When my Aunt was married to her ex-husband, they used to get in nasty arguments and she would throw things at him. One of the objects was an iron! I don't know if he became violent to her. I only know that he was extremely mentally abusive to her.
Posted By: anncicero2 Re: Question for the men - 08/11/00 07:45 AM
No.
Posted By: Heartpain Re: Question for the men - 08/11/00 11:04 AM
Simple answer --- "NO"
Posted By: Cloudy Re: Question for the men - 08/11/00 11:30 AM
Another simple answer- No.
Posted By: tamis Re: Question for the men - 08/11/00 12:10 PM
I have a female family member who has thrown several things at her husband (like candles and remote controls, glasses of water) and even caused stitches on his face. She is like a typical abuser, doesn't have control of her anger. She always felt guilty and sick afterward and tried to downplay it or blame it on her husband. Now she is much better- she saw a therapist for anger management and is on prozac. As far as I know, there haven't been any incidents since then.
Posted By: BamaAngst Re: Question for the men - 08/11/00 12:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cinderella:<BR><B>*****Have you ever had a wife/girlfriend who physically abused you?*****</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Nope. Like JL, she punched my arm and hurt herself. I laughed. She didn't find it funny.<P>Bama<P>
Posted By: F A Re: Question for the men - 08/11/00 01:22 PM
<B>NO</B>
Posted By: Beerman2 Re: Question for the men - 08/11/00 02:48 PM
...<p>[This message has been edited by Beerman2 (edited July 02, 2001).]
Posted By: Bernzini Re: Question for the men - 08/11/00 03:30 PM
Let me jump in here real quick. (I am not a man)<P>Once, absolutely sick of my husband's verbal abuse, I slapped his face. He was yelling, spouting off "FU" and "Stupid B*" and so forth. (Because I told him that if he wouldn't leave his stuff scattered all over the house, he'd be able to find it.)<P>I felt at that point that I didn't need to be talked to like that. I wasn't angry in the least, just tired of being disrespected. I walked over and slapped him. And then walked away. He followed me to the bed room and told me that I'd better be afraid to go to sleep that night. He told me that he was going to call the police on me, cuz that's what I would have done had he hit me.<P>He has never, never, never let me forget this. He taunts me about being a physical abuser and unable to control my temper. He has this idea that I have tried to hit him on other occasions, but he caught my hands. I have no idea what he is talking about. Maybe I'm crazy, I guess. But I would never do it again, that's for sure.<P>It was a wrong choice of reaction. Sometimes what you do in reaction to a person is far worse than what the original crime was.
Posted By: mrb Re: Question for the men - 08/11/00 06:04 PM
No.
Posted By: TMD Re: Question for the men - 08/11/00 06:25 PM
My brother's exwife had these very long fingernails used to scratch the heck out of his face/chest/back whenever he misbehaved. She stabbed him with a pencil once and chased him with a knife down the street. She knew he would never fight back!
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums