Marriage Builders
Posted By: Resilient Questions on D particulars - 08/31/00 08:31 PM
Hi Everyone,<P>I have questions regarding Divorce.<P>In the State of WA, if one spouse files does the other spouse get notified/served other than thru mail. Meaning, does someone appear at your work or home with papers for you?<P>I'm also wondering about legal separation, does one get served with papers on that as well?<P>Best,<BR>Jo<P>------------------<BR>Josie_Res@Hotmail.com<P>"Remain flexible like a reed, as opposed to an oak which can snap in the wind"
Posted By: yes_dup8 Re: Questions on D particulars - 08/31/00 09:00 PM
Jo,<P>I don't know about the state of Washington in particular, however, I know that legal separation USUALLY isn't possible unless the parties agree to it. That means that service is not really necessary.<P>I could be wrong about particular states, but I don't know. I'd check with a lawyer, if you can afford it.<P>Good luck.<BR><P>------------------<BR>/// Lone Star * ///<P>
Posted By: Carolina Belle Re: Questions on D particulars - 08/31/00 09:52 PM
The ways that you can be served divorce papers in this state are through a) Certified Mail, or b) a "non-involved third party" (it could be a mutual acquaintance, or a contract server, usually about $20).<P>For legal separation, I think that can only happen when both parties are agreeable to it (I'm not positive, I have my mom checking the RCW right now.)
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums