Marriage Builders
Posted By: Many Tears Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/27/00 06:55 PM
I've been reading that some posters are from nearby areas of each other. I was just curious, are there posters out there from the beautiful state of Hawaii? What island?<P>MT
Posted By: alone1 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/27/00 07:17 PM
MT,<BR>I am from the sunshine state,Florida,I live in Tampa.H spent years encouraging me to move from Minnesota to Florida.Now he has left me for OW,I am all alone in this state(only mil, who sides with H)nearest relatives lives in OK.beth
Posted By: catnip Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/27/00 07:18 PM
Lots of islands here, but they all have pine trees and are all in LAKES! Minnesota.<P>Catnip =^^=
Posted By: alone1 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/27/00 07:21 PM
Catnip,<BR>I am from Bloomington Minnesota [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. beth
Beth,<P>I'm so sorry to hear that you're out in Florida alone! Hopefully, another soul from Florida (maybe near you) will post here and you'll find a friend who'll understand what you are going through! {{{{{{hugs}}}}}<P>Catnip!<BR>Thanks for checking in. Minnesota, huh, land of 1,000 lakes was it? Flew over your state once, and was amazed by all the lakes! Hope to see it on the ground some day.<P>Take care all, MT
Posted By: Reborn Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/27/00 08:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by alone1:<BR><B>Catnip,<BR>I am from Bloomington Minnesota [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. beth</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hi catnip and alone,<P>It must be a popular state. I am a BS and also from Minnesota. I reside in Detroit Lakes but telecomute to the Bloomington/Eden Prarie border for work once a week. Small world huh? :-)<P>Reborn<P><BR>
Anyone out there from New England?
Northern Virginia checking in....
Posted By: cl Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/27/00 08:54 PM
HI All, <BR>Alone, I am a recent transplant to FL. My oh my...is it different! <BR>MT, I miss my home in HI. Isn't Leilani in HI? <BR>
Illinois, Chicago area
Posted By: Leilana Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/27/00 09:27 PM
You're right, cl. The most beautiful of all the Hawaiian islands - the Garden Isle. Sorry Mrs. O (from the "Big Isle" - Hawaii)<BR>and SadNLonely (from the "Valley Isle" - Maui). There was someone from Oahu that used to post here when I first came aboard but I can't remember her username and she stopped posting on IR and GE soon afterwards.<P>
Posted By: cl Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/27/00 09:34 PM
hi leilani, i am not sure the garden isle is the best! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Niihau gets my vote! <BR>
I'm from Portland, OR
Posted By: Taxman Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/27/00 09:41 PM
New York City here.
Posted By: KristyAnn Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/27/00 09:42 PM
I'm in Grand Junction, Colorado.<P>------------------<BR>Love and Prayers,<BR>KristyAnn
I have two places that I call home - Columbia, South Carolina (check out the username! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] ) and Bellingham, Washington - where I currently reside. I know the Pacific NW is well-represented here also!
Posted By: Leilana Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/27/00 10:12 PM
Ha ha, cl. But really, which one was home for you?<P>And don't say Kaoholawe!<P>Aloha,<P>L<P>
Posted By: mkn Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/27/00 10:14 PM
Cornhusher state, Omaha
Posted By: Catplay Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/27/00 10:20 PM
Hi yall, Another Southern Belle here!<BR>I'm from Columbia, South Carolina,where I was born and raised. <P>Cathy
Posted By: alone1 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/27/00 10:38 PM
To reborn and catnip, <BR>Glad to here from people from my home state. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]beth<BR> <BR>To cl,<BR>Are you close to Tampa?<BR>beth
Beautiful Hunterdon County, NJ!!!<P>For now, house went on market today.<P>My friends from VT say it looks like VT here. Imagine that, in NJ????
Catplay - Too cool! I think Peppermint is a Carolinian also! I actually am from the NE area of town, in the Wildwood neighborhood (NICE area to live!). I miss the heat and humidity so much! Anyway, I'm homesick now, so I'd better shut up! *LOL*
Posted By: Catplay Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/27/00 11:20 PM
Carolina Belle<P>We reside in the Forest Acres area off N. Trenholm Rd. Way cool!!!<P>Cathy
I'm from Sanger, California, in the beautiful San Joaquin Valley.
Posted By: skye Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/27/00 11:50 PM
I'm from Connecticut...
Currently living in Oklahoma. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>H is military, so we've moved around some. Born in California, moved to Wyoming, back to Calif., then the beautiful state of Washington only to end up here. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I hate tornadoes!! Wanna go back to Washington!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Arizona.
Posted By: cleopatra Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/28/00 12:18 AM
home of the Atlanta Braves - Georgia, y'all!
Posted By: Lora Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/28/00 12:20 AM
Washington state here<P>Beth, I dont think I knew you were from minn. Did you know I was from Wisconsin?<BR>Lora
Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Home of the Brewers, Frozen custard, and Laverne and Shirley. Orig. from Chicago area- northern suburbs, lived in Charleston, SC when hubby was military, and OUR HOUSE SOLD TODAY, so as of the closing on 10-27 I haven't got a clue!!! Was going to be Virginia but now that hubby is all broken, maybe back to sweet home Chicago.
Posted By: Alberta Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/28/00 01:48 AM
I think my name is painfully obvious - I'm from the province of Alberta, to be specific Calgary, Alberta home of the 1988 Winter Olympics and the world famous Stampede.<BR>C'mon up, eh!
I live in the state where everyone wears that really ugly color of orange during football season!!! UT!!!<P>I grew up close to philly though!!!!
Hey y'all,<P>Yes indeed I am a Carolina girl, but from North Carolina. I live in a small town in the eastern part of the state, not far from beautiful Wilmington. Firestorm has been transplanted here from the central part of the state.<P>Peppermint
Aloha MT, <P>I'm from Maui Hawaii. Grew up in Littleton, Colorado, then moved to Padre Island Texas and now I'm here.<P>lol, Leilana I think Maui's the best then your island.<p>[This message has been edited by SadnLonely (edited September 27, 2000).]
Posted By: hanora Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/28/00 03:26 AM

<small>[ February 08, 2005, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: hanora ]</small>
This is funny. I just keep thinking of the Miss America Contestants going up to the microphone introducing themselves and talking about their states.<P>Didn't mean that to be rude at all, just one of those weird visions<P>I'm in Arizona btw...and I'll be thinking of you all scraping snow off your cars this winter. As long as you think of me sweating my butt off this summer.<P>Can I post a short reply? Is it possible?<P>Jeez<P>allison
Gosh, so few Californians here... I'd have thought it was the divorce capital of the world... Maybe we Californians don't try to save marriages, hence don't go to MB. Whatever. Los Angeles area, to be exact.<P>Leon
Posted By: terri Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/28/00 04:31 AM
Beautiful upstate NY in the Hudson Valley Region. Small town born and bred - never could deal with the "city," - the village I live in has enough concrete and black top to last me a lifetime!<P>------------------<BR>terri<BR><B>Courage</B><P>Whatever course you decide upon,<BR>there is always someone to tell you<BR>that you are wrong.<P>There are always difficulties arising<BR>which tempt you to believe that your <BR>critics are right.<P>To map out a course of action <BR>and follow it to an end <BR>requires courage.<P><I>Ralph Waldo Emerson</I>
Hey KristyAnn,<P><BR>My Mommy lives in Grand Junction too<p>[This message has been edited by SadnLonely (edited September 27, 2000).]
Posted By: rockaway Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/28/00 06:18 AM
Rockaway, a midwestern boy used to the quiet wind-swept plains and amber waves of grain, is from the land of "ahs" (Kansas), just recently by way of the "OK" state, Oklahoma, where tornados and bombings made life very exciting for one normally accustomed to the gentle, bucolic sounds of farm and fodder.
Posted By: JR61 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/28/00 06:32 AM
I'm from Missouri, northwest near Kansas border, where OW is from. She can stay on her side of the river, I'll stay on mine, LOL. Incidentally, I named my daughter Leilani because I like the name so she tells me we have to go there someday. We'll have to find out which island really is best.
Posted By: inamess Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/28/00 11:22 AM
Southwest Virginia here!!!!!!!<P>------------------<BR>We can do all things through Christ which strengthens us. Repeat that 5 times a day. I promise you success!
Posted By: LAD Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/28/00 11:29 AM
Michigan is my home state. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: Cloudy Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/28/00 11:30 AM
Another Southern Belle here- Alabama!
Born and raised in upstate NY, lived in Aiken, SC for the last 11.5 years!
Posted By: hurt4life Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/28/00 12:37 PM
Eastern VA - things are looking up for "us"...<P>------------------<BR>"So much to lose, yet so much pain"....Hurt4life in VA.
Posted By: purplemag Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/28/00 01:19 PM
Hi Everyone!<P>Chiming in from good ol' Pennsylvania! Haven't seen anyone from here! Just outside of Philly.<P>Tootrusting - noticed you're originally from this area! Would love to know what part!<P>--purplemag
New Hampshire here. The live free or Die state. Moved here three years ago. My home state is Texas. The Lone Star State.<P>TruthSeeker what part of New England are you in?
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by terri:<BR><B>Beautiful upstate NY in the Hudson Valley Region. <BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Terri - I'm from the Hudson Valley, too. I've lived in South Carolina for almost 5 years, but grew up in upstate NY.
I'm in Massacusetts. (Tax-achusetts?)
Posted By: Guarded Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/28/00 02:53 PM
Terri & Lost_In_Love:<P>I'm from the Hudson Valley also. Would love to know what parts your both from?? If you don't mind, can you e-mail me at greyriders_wife@yahoo.com?<P>Maybe we can all meet someday! Thanks!<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Survivor [aka_NoTrust] (edited September 28, 2000).]
Posted By: TomH Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/28/00 03:07 PM
Western NY. Geneseo/Finger Lakes area.
Posted By: justsher Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/28/00 03:17 PM
Another Alabama Girl!
Posted By: hanora Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/29/00 05:26 AM
Canada here, but originally from Minnesota, and that's 10,000 lakes as I remember.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by purplemag:<BR><B><BR>Chiming in from good ol' Pennsylvania! Haven't seen anyone from here! Just outside of Philly.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Grew up in Jenkintown area; went to Drexel U. <P>Leon
Posted By: tigger Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/29/00 05:38 AM
Illinois GO Illini
I see my home state of Minnesota is well represented here - don't miss the weather but I SURE DO MISS THOSE LAKES!!!! Been in Texas for the last two years - we have 300 lakes down here and spread over a much larger area so you have to search far & wide for a decent body of water.<P>periwinkle
Wow, this is great! People are connecting in new ways. I'm live on Oahu (too crowded and too busy) miss the slow pace of rural Hawaii.<BR>
Posted By: F A Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/29/00 05:59 AM
I'm from Michigan. I have noticed that not only is Minnesota well represented, but so is Texas. Does this mean that if I ever relocated with my wife and family that I should stay out of Minnesota and Texas??
Actually, I'm from the state of confusion. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: Leilana Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/28/00 06:25 PM
I woke up with this thought, I think I'm the westernmost poster here. Nobody can get "Wester" I think. And I was just wondering who here was the eastest and the northest and the southest. Will I have to make a new post to find out?<P>MT, ahhh, you're from the "Gathering Place". <BR>I was wondering.<P>I guess I'm in one of those rural areas you mentioned. <P>Kauai, home of the red dirt t-shirt!<P>All us kamaaina should get together sometime! <P><P>------------------<BR><I>No rain, no rainbows</I>
Posted By: Leilana Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/28/00 06:32 PM
LOL, Truthseeker! Is that what comes before the State of Conflict or after?
Posted By: EdB Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/28/00 07:21 PM
Way back there to Beth (alone1) I'm from Lutz, just outside Tampa
Leilana, <P>before, during, AND after! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Curious, a while ago it looked like every third person was, like me, from Washington. Where'd everybody go? (Not that I can say much since I hadn't posted for weeks till yesterday. Lurking nearly everyday though!)<P><P>------------------<BR>"By honest I don't mean that you only tell what's true. But you make clear the entire situation. You make clear all the information that is required for somebody else who is intelligent to make up their mind." <BR>-- Richard P. Feynman<P>"Well, you know when you're rocking in a rocking chair, and<BR>you go so far that you almost fall over backwards, but at<BR>the last instant you catch yourself? That's how I feel all<BR>the time."<BR> - Steven Wright
Leilana and SadnLonely,<P>If you're planning a visit to Oahu, let me know I'd love to have lunch or something! This goes to anyone who happens to be visiting Hawaii.<P>My mother, brother and his family live on Kauai. I visit often, maybe I'll see you over the holidays.<P>MT<P>------------------<BR>True love cannot be found where it doesn't truly exist, <BR>nor can it be hidden where it truly is.
Posted By: Lu Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/28/00 08:47 PM
Hey there,<P> Now living in small town NC, very small town.....(we moved here to start over.) Moved from Lex. Ky, bluegrass country....and how I miss it.<P> Tootrusting and Purplemag, I'm originally from Pa. and went to school in Philly!!! LU
Another Northern Virginia voice.<P>(I grew up in San Francisco, though, and that will always be home to me. And my favorite Hawaiian island is Kauai, followed closely by Maui.)<P>--HBC
Maryland checking in....seems I'm an island....though I did see a N. Va. - we're very close.<P>My piece of advice today is:<P>Get an antidepressant to get you through the rough parts.....<P>We can all do this!
southern california....
Hey Leon! I see there are 3 of us from beautiful sunny southern California! I'm a native,born and raised! Inland Empire area.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mthrrhbard:<BR><B>Hey Leon! I see there are 3 of us from beautiful sunny southern California! I'm a native,born and raised! Inland Empire area.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Cool! Do you guys ever do get-togethers, like they do on the Divorce-Busting support groups? Could be fun to compare notes...<P>Leon<P>
Posted By: alone1 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/28/00 10:26 PM
To EdB,<BR>Glad to meet someone nearby.Feel free to email me for encouragement and support.<BR>beth<BR>Bethfn1@aol.com
MT and Leilana<P>if your ever on Maui lets get together.<P>lol MT, I met my hubby at Dukes. I was on vacation and he was there for the weekend.<P>Waikiki is a fun place for a weekend. I had the time of my life on that vacation. But I like Maui much better.<P>Yall come on out now ya hear!
Posted By: Ronster Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/28/00 10:49 PM
Long Island, New York checking in
Posted By: Wifeofcop Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/28/00 11:59 PM
WOW! There are alot of us from Minnesota!! We do the Harley's proud!! We should try to have a MN MB get together sometime!
Posted By: cjack Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/29/00 12:04 AM
Arizona! That makes three of us, right?<P>Anyone else out there who thinks 110 degrees is just "kinda warm?"<BR>
Posted By: soulloss Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/29/00 12:14 AM
Quebec....Canada...<P>5 hours from the hudson valley and much of upstate NY...<P>ONLY 5 hours...hint hint...anybody wanna come visit????
1 hr outside of Boston in Northern Massachusetts.<P>TS, where in Mass? email me at <P>whenifindthetime@yahoo.com<P>if you don't want to be specific<P>thl
Posted By: WeNeQn Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/29/00 01:46 AM
I'm from Southern California!
Posted By: Xman Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/29/00 02:14 AM
<p>[ December 30, 2001: Message edited by: Xman ]</p>
Posted By: Leilana Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/29/00 02:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TruthSeeker:<BR><B>Leilana, <P>before, during, AND after! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well so long as it isn't around the State of Intimacy!
Posted By: Leilana Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/29/00 02:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by az allison:<BR><B>This is funny. I just keep thinking of the Miss America Contestants going up to the microphone introducing themselves and talking about their states.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You're a hoot, Allison! But the entry fee to this pageant sucks big time!<P><p>[This message has been edited by Leilana (edited September 28, 2000).]
Posted By: Leilana Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/29/00 02:52 AM
MT and SadNLonely,<P>The same goes for you guys if you make it over to Kauai. Just drop a line here. <P>MT, I know the OW and her H isn't related to SadNLonely but wouldn't it be funny if you were? It still wouldn't matter to me tho. I work with OW's cousin, OW is my sister's classmate, I was OW's grandma's nurse recently, OW and her H are my neighbors, OW works with my H, and OW and I are friends in a strange sort of way so it would just be par for the course. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I feel like getting a map of the U.S. now and putting pushpins in it w/ everyone's names attached. This was fun. We love a good roll call, don't we! Thanks for the idea, MT. <P> <P>------------------<BR><I>No rain, no rainbows</I>
Posted By: Tyra Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/29/00 02:58 AM
So. Calif.
Posted By: Reborn Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/29/00 03:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wifeofcop:<BR><B>WOW! There are alot of us from Minnesota!! We do the Harley's proud!! We should try to have a MN MB get together sometime!</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I would love to do that. How about you catnip or CrazyOrWhat? Is there anyone else from MN that is interested?<P>Where are people from? Is there a nice location that works for everybody? I am assuming Minneapolis? If people are interested maybe we can share email. Let me know...<P>Reborn<P>
Posted By: bangarra Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/29/00 05:02 AM
Ventura CA, now. Previously been all over the US in a lot of states no one has ever mentioned yet, hahaha.<P>Lori [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: unseen2 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/29/00 06:29 AM
Hi,<P>Myself and Khyra are currently living in Pittsburgh, PA<P>(at least till I get done with school)<P>Jason<P><P>------------------<BR>"Thinking is easy, action is difficult; to act in accordance with one's thoughts is the most difficult thing in the world."<BR>- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Hi there<BR>Johannesburg Sunny South Africa here<P>Jenny<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>
THL,<P>I emailed you.<P>Hey, speaking of pageants, did anyone see the ads for the sexiest bachelor pageant that will be on TV? Did anyone else notice that in the swimsuit competition, the swimsuits the guys wear are baggy, yet in the women's pageants the swimsuits are tight? How are the judges supposed to see how well-formed these guys' butts are? Am I the only one who thinks they should wear speedos? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: Lor (Lor) Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/29/00 02:07 PM
Checking in from the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota, home of Mount Rushmore. But I speak gud Minnesotan. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: Reborn Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/29/00 03:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lor (Lor):<BR><B>Checking in from the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota, home of Mount Rushmore. But I speak gud Minnesotan. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Close, but you need a little work.<P>It should be:<P>"gud Minnesoooootan" :-)<P>Now repeat after me<P>"Gud Minnesoooootan".<P>There you go. I think you've got it :-)<P>Reborn...<P>
Posted By: Lor (Lor) Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/29/00 03:15 PM
I was going to type gooed Meeenhaaahsoootaaan, but I didn't want to make you think I was making fun of so many of you. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: Mitzi Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/29/00 03:20 PM
Ok, I'm usually on the divorce board but I thought I'd jump in here....<P>Am I the only one around here from West Virginia????? I'm from a small town in the eastern part of the state. I guess I'm the one who's the island! LOL LOL<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: Reborn Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/29/00 03:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lor (Lor):<BR><B>I was going to type gooed Meeenhaaahsoootaaan, but I didn't want to make you think I was making fun of so many of you. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>We are very easy going in this state and can take a joke no problem. If you can't take a ribbing in this state we typically kick you out :-) Hey, we even have a book on how to speak 'Meeenhaaahsoootaaan'<P>Reborn<BR>
Posted By: yes_dup18 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/29/00 04:32 PM
"The Biggest Little State in the Union"... Rhode Island (hey, don't blame me, *I* didn't write that lame slogan!)<P>Home of Mr. Potato Head, Waterfire (go check out <A HREF="http://www.Waterfire.com)," TARGET=_blank>www.Waterfire.com),</A> Newport mansions, 450 miles of ocean beach, *and* our very own prime-time soap opera!<P>(But I grew up in Stamford, CT, and went to college in NJ!)
Posted By: Leilana Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/30/00 05:18 AM
Saw the bachelor pageant thingy and yelled "FINALLY!!" and got a strange look from hubby.<P>Personally I think they should have a levis jeans portion in the pageant. Not every butt can fill them out properly. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>
Reborn:<P>Dontcha know dat I'm da neighbor south of you'se... <P>In da middle sorta between da Pelican Rapids and da Fergus Falls. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Wanna have some guuuud breakfast in da mornin?<P>payson2000@hotmail.com<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>
Posted By: Reborn Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/29/00 10:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by trustntruth:<BR><B>Reborn:<P>Dontcha know dat I'm da neighbor south of you'se... <P>In da middle sorta between da Pelican Rapids and da Fergus Falls. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Wanna have some guuuud breakfast in da mornin?<P>payson2000@hotmail.com<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Yah, sure, you betcha :-)<P>Crimeny, yah shure are close.<P>Say, did ja get any rain der lately? :-)<P>OK - den - if I sen ya some email?<P>Reborn<P>
Posted By: KristyAnn Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/29/00 10:45 PM
I love the Minnesotese. It's like listening to a rerun of "Fargo". [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: Taj Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/29/00 11:35 PM
Hey, I'm from Minnasnowta too...da Range!!!!!
Posted By: alone1 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/30/00 12:25 AM
taj,<BR>My family is from Marble and Calumet [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] .<BR>beth
Are there no others from TN???? It looks like a lot of the divorce board are going to Nashville... are you all (ya'll) near TN????
<BR>Chalk up another one for So. Cal.
Reborn, yah dat would be nice, yah can send da email and we can plan dah breakfast!<P>
Just checking in so that KristyAnn wouldn't be the only one. I'm from Greeley, CO. Wish I was back home in my hometown right now though because then I would be in Chadron NE. GO CORNHUSKERS! Yes I'm a Cornhuskers fan big time.
Posted By: trisha Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/30/00 02:15 PM
Hi there everyone,<BR>Born in England, currently live in sunny Mallorca, Spain.<BR>So I suppose my state is Europe...<BR>How did I find this site? Same as most of you I suppose - desperation.
Another Virginian here!<P>Grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains in Central VA and now live in Northern VA.<P>Go Hokies!<P><BR>X-Man,<P>Are you a Hokie too?<P>
Posted By: Taj Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/30/00 08:45 PM
alone1,<P>Calumet, Marble, just right around the corner! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: heartache Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 09/30/00 10:55 PM
I will be representing The gorgeous northwest!!! I am from Washington State-about 2 1/2 hours south of Seattle and about 1 hour north of Portland, Oregon!!<P>There are more from Washington here-they must be hiding from the slugs!!!<P>Yeah-lol-it is raining here today [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>*heartache*<P>"Life's A Dance<BR>You Learn As You Go.<BR>Sometimes You Lead<BR>Sometimes You Follow!<BR>Don't worry 'Bout What You Don't Know<BR>LIfe's A Dance <BR>You Learn As You Go."
Sunny St. Petersburg, FLA<BR>
southern Minnesota here not alot of lakes in this part of Minnesota but right now its a sea of corn and beans<P>Jill<P>" Ya sure ya betcha"<P>
Posted By: catnip Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 10/01/00 12:33 AM
Aw, heck. Ok, den. If it ain't too much trouble fer ya, I don't mind having breakfast.<P>Catnip =^^= <P>
Posted By: Resilient Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 10/01/00 04:16 PM
Hey MT,<P>From Gig Harbor WA, the Great Northwest. Lora and I are approx. 2.5 miles away from one another.<P>I'm originally from Southern CA., but now consider myself a Washingtonian.<P>Jo<P>
Posted By: Tyra Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 10/01/00 04:50 PM
Hey MN's don't you guys have something to do better than go after "others" spouses? <BR>I mean isn't there another winter sport?<BR>Just kidding...it's just that my H's e-mail OW was from MN and he even moved there for a time....Good she have been any or your wives? Boy would I like to know. ;-)
Posted By: Tyra Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 10/01/00 04:54 PM
So. calif...HIgh desert . antelope valley here. <BR>I see there are others from so. calif. maybe we can get together. E-mail me...<BR>Tyra
Posted By: gsd Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 10/02/00 05:58 AM
Around Orlando, Florida. Feel like I'm trapped in a cartoon bubble!<P>
Posted By: sidney Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 10/02/00 12:18 AM
Dallas, Texas. To be more precise, an itty bitty little town about 30 miles north of Dallas that no one's ever heard of. <P>Actually, I'm here in body, but not spirit. My heart belongs in the mountains. Moved from the Reno/Tahoe area 7 years ago.<P>The so called "lakes" here are nothing more than water moccasin infested mud holes. Don't mean to offend the natives, but I've seen lakes. And, these are not lakes!!
Xman:<P>You don't happen to play in Old Town Alexandria regularly, do you? <P>--HBC
Posted By: mvalcolla Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 10/02/00 06:56 AM
From So. Switzerland.<BR>Believe it or not the world is closer and relationship problems are the same arnd the globe. Keep praying!!!<BR>j
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TruthSeeker:<BR><B>Anyone out there from New England?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hi truthseeker! I am from a small town called South Berwick Maine...it is right at the tip of the state by Kittery and York (our famous shoreline)!!!
Posted By: Margaret Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 10/02/00 12:20 PM
The rolling hills of southern Ohio here. Looks like I'm the only one from Ohio who visits this site.
Posted By: Mrs.O Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 10/02/00 09:34 PM
(...stepping enthusiastically up to the mic..)<P>"From the beautiful rainforests of the Hamakua coast and snow-covered peaks of Mauna Kea, to the black sand beaches of Kau, I'm Mrs. O from the Orchid Isle. The largest in the Hawaiian Island chain, the Big Island is a tropical paradise, sprinkled with rural plantation towns and world-class beaches. Although other islands seek the title....the Big Island is "no ka oi!" (the best)."<P>(...big, toothy smile as I exit, stage left...)<p>[This message has been edited by Mrs.O (edited October 02, 2000).]
Posted By: kam6318 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 10/02/00 09:53 PM
Dallas, Texas (Hi Sidney!)<P>Kathi
g'day all<P>i am new to this, posted my first message yesterday and i am from the land of the 2000 olympics...OZ, i live in NSW about an hour and half from sydney (where i originally grew up) is anyone here from Australia? i don't mind talking to anyone from anywhere, just curious.<P>torn&broken
Posted By: GodAlone Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 10/03/00 08:27 AM
Hi TT,<BR>I'm just south of you---Down here with SweetPea.
Posted By: mouse77 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 10/03/00 07:52 PM
Tootrusting,<P>I have never posted here before, but read all<BR>the time....Anyway I am from TN.
Posted By: Iam4us Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 10/04/00 02:37 AM
HI! I am from the Ft. Lauderdale, Florida area. Iam4us<BR>
hello i am pretty new here but already feel like part of the group everyone has been very helpful i am from Southern New Jersey .<P>words i live by<P> Every day counts <P>Every day is an opportunity to make your life the way you want it to be. Anything is possible when you work toward it, one day at a time. Skip a day, and you lose momentum. Try to do it all at once, and you burn out.<P>Steadily, consistently work, making every day count, and you will reach your goals. Today is a chance to grow -- to do a little bit more than you did yesterday, a little bit better, a little bit more effectively. Anyone can do a little more, learn a little more, and grow a little more each day. Soon, with consistent effort, those "little bits" add up to major accomplishments.<P>Is there something you want to change? Today is the day to start changing it. Do you want the happiness you deserve? Today is the day to start making it happen. Do you need to lose weight? Today is the day to start doing it. Not next Monday or next month -- today. You deserve to reach your goals as soon as possible. Control today and you control your life. <P><BR>**actions speak louder then words**<P>^..^<BR> \/ everyday be greatful for what is good in your life ! <P> peace , love ,and happiness . IMBC
Posted By: peyton Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 10/04/00 09:06 AM
I'm from good ole Pennsylvania!! The suburbs of Philadelphia.
Posted By: SKM Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 10/04/00 12:00 PM
Another Marylander. . .There&Back, unfortunately, you are not an island. Mitzi - I spent some time in Wild Wonderful West Virginia, too, so you're not an island either.
Posted By: cleopatra Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 10/04/00 01:31 PM
I'm thinkig that maybe all of the Minnesota people should move to the high fidelity state of Georgia since there is noone else on this board from here.<P>cleo
Tenn is as long as Pa. SweetPea and God alone....where south... Could be Georgia, Could be Miss. Could be Ala. ???/<P>Mouse. The mountains of TN or the flatlands?? Or in between.<P>On a clear day, I can see VA. and NC!!!! So I'm in the northeast corner. A place where the Yankees had some friends!!!!
Posted By: Mitzi Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 10/04/00 03:04 PM
SKM,<P>Fortunately, I'm not an island!! I was beginning to wonder if anyone had actually seen WV! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] It's nice to know that someone else has.<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: MEDIC238 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 10/05/00 05:30 AM
Hey Gang,<P>Eastern PA checking in here. The Lehigh Valley area. Just north of Purplemag. InShock was about 15 miles from me before she moved.<P>Wishing us all the Best,<P>Zippy [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: aandre Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 10/04/00 06:06 PM
I'm in hell in the hot state of Arizona?
i am here in sunny arizona. it's a dry heat.... i get so tired of hearing that. today's storm was nice though, we needed the rain.<P>i moved here from the north shore of oahu. i miss home and the wonderful aloha spirit. the ocean, and manapua, seeds, zippy's, plate lunch and everything else. aloha to everyone in the beautiful state of hawaii. send me a virtual manapua please, from patti's chinese kitchen. ha ha. used to work there in high school.<P>aloha.
Posted By: had12many Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 10/05/00 10:53 AM
Another one from South Carolina, Close to Charlotte NC.<BR>Actually I am a transplant, I grew up in Norwood Colorado, but met my wife in Hawaii, and she wanted to move back to her hometown in SC.<P>Mike
From Texas...about 100 miles northeast of Dallas.
<P> You are all an inspiration. If there is one thing I have learned from lurking..dont give up!<P>MICHIGAN...GO BLUE!
Posted By: Thronx Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 10/05/00 02:44 PM
Westchester County, North of NYC suburbs. Thronx is a nickname from a friend because I grew up in the Bronx.<P>------------------<BR>*************************<BR>Thronx - one of the statistics....<BR>*************************
From the state of 10,000 lakes--Minnesota.<BR> Right now of many colors with the changing of leaves for fall.<BR> If there's anyone in the area that needs someone to listen, just call.
Posted By: Mourning Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 10/05/00 06:47 PM
Detroit! The home of Rock 'n' Roll!
Posted By: Joe in TX Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 10/05/00 07:11 PM
take a wide guess [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
I'm originally from upstate SC, husband from the UK. Now we live in Orlando..love the sun, tolerate the tourists [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Hey, Mitzi!<P>I've been white water rafting in WVA! And I'm looking forward to heading up to Harper's Ferry soon to go leaf peeping. It's always been one of my favorite quiet places.<P>--HBC<P>(Not an island--but maybe a fortress...)
Posted By: Mitzi Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 10/06/00 01:10 PM
HBC,<P>Hey! Harper's Ferry is only a couple of hours from me! It's really pretty there! <BR>So now, 2 other people have been here!! YIPPEE!!!<P>Oh, we're not a fortress! Very easy to get into. People just don't realize how nice it is here. Think it might have something to do with all the WV jokes??!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: BROWNEYES Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 10/07/00 04:20 PM
Hi Everyone,<BR> Well so far it looks like I am the only one here from the San Fransisco Bay area.<BR> Actually I live in Fremont, about 30 minutes from the home of the Oakland A's.
Posted By: Guarded Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 10/08/00 04:33 AM
Brown Eyes, I used to live in the San Francisco Bay Area. My family is still there so I do get to visit once a year. I know where Fremont is. I have friends who live there. I used to work in Hayward. Small world, isn't it?<BR>
Posted By: eliza52 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 10/09/00 09:37 PM
another Arizona person here
Brown Eyes:<P>I grew up in The City. It will always be home to me. My mom still lives there, in the fog belt. When things get bad I think about living there, but you know what they say...you can't go home again...<P>All the best. --HBC
Posted By: swiz Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 10/10/00 06:36 PM
Originally from Pittsburgh, PA, now existing in Houston Texas.
Posted By: GodAlone Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 10/14/00 01:15 AM
OK Sweetpea, You win!<BR>You're closer to TN than me, but we are in the same state. <BR>However, I was born and raised in TN---does that count?
Posted By: BSfury Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 10/14/00 01:46 AM
Originally from Los Angeles area, now in Ohio
Posted By: magoskid Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 10/14/00 02:38 AM
I'm from Long Island, New York. <P> Magoskid
God Bless Texas!!
There way too many americans on here!
Posted By: bigkahuna Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 02:00 AM
New South Wales
Posted By: KiwiJ Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 02:01 AM
lol, Mel you sure dredged this one up from out of the past!!!!!

But I'll play. You know us foreigners can't keep our noses out of anything!

I'm from beautiful New Zealand - a little jewel in the South Pacific at the bottom of the world.

Posted By: Amazin Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 02:06 AM
Mel, You had to dig deep to find this thread didn't you...

The last post before yours was 8+ years ago....

I have no home... I'm a rambler... I've been everywhere...

And Mel...Yes I was a yankee transplant in Texas at one time... That's were I met my WW.

Plaquimines Parish Louisianna definition of a yankee; If you live north of the belle chasse tunnel (Which is south of New Orleans) ... You're a Yankee...
Posted By: Trix Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 02:22 AM
From CA but live in FL.
Posted By: hope3343 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 02:23 AM
Hi Amazin, I am also a transplant from the east coast (yankee) and in Texas. My H turned into a WAS after living here 2.5 years. good thread..old but good
Shout out from Ventura County California!!!

dance2
What the heck are all these foreigners doing on here?!!! Is this a foreign devil convention?? You people need to quit spying on Americans! foreigners! :RollieEyes:

And BigK, you quit lying, you foreign devil, I happen to know you are from AUSTRALIA, the home of Crocodile Dundee and OUTBACK restaurants! South Wales, my hind end! :RollieEyes:
Are there no God fearing SOUTHERN AMERICANS in this place or am I surrounded by yankees and foreigners?? cry
Tennessee here
Originally Posted by rustyshackelford
Tennessee here

FINALLY!! hug
Posted By: bigkahuna Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 03:01 AM
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
And BigK, you quit lying, you foreign devil, I happen to know you are from AUSTRALIA, the home of Crocodile Dundee and OUTBACK restaurants! South Wales, my hind end! :RollieEyes:

Look you silly YANKEE, NEW South Wales is IN AUSTRALIA.

(and don't bother denying you are a yankee - you were born in the NORTH!!)
Posted By: hope3343 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 03:14 AM
I am a yankee who speaks the queen image. Is y'all a real word?
Originally Posted by hope3343
I am a yankee who speaks the queen image. Is y'all a real word?

I did not hear that! sigh

shaddup, BigK!
Posted By: Rock__ Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 03:23 AM
Michigan here. Brrrrrr....
Posted By: erichh Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 03:52 AM
Born and raised in OKLAHOMA. Lived two years in Australia, in New South Wales, consequently. Yes, it is a territory of Australia--where Sydney is. Spent a couple of years in Utah, then a couple of years in Baton Rouge, LA. I love the south, BTW. Awesome place. Now I reside in Kansas City, MO. I'll probably be here for quite some time.
Posted By: Bellevue Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 03:56 AM
Bellevue is. Connecticut to be exact.

Now a Californian.
Posted By: Maribel4 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 03:57 AM
Upstate NY here....
Posted By: bigkahuna Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 04:07 AM
Originally Posted by erichh
Born and raised in OKLAHOMA. Lived two years in Australia, in New South Wales, consequently. Yes, it is a territory of Australia--where Sydney is. Spent a couple of years in Utah, then a couple of years in Baton Rouge, LA. I love the south, BTW. Awesome place. Now I reside in Kansas City, MO. I'll probably be here for quite some time.

It's NOT A TERRITORY - It's a STATE.
Originally Posted by bigkahuna

:RollieEyes: :RollieEyes:
Posted By: SIHW Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 04:09 AM
CALIFORNIA here...the state that as of lately can't figure out what climate it should be in...so one day I am fanning myself the next day it's double rain proof parkas...go figure.

and just where, pray tell, did you foreigners get that idear?? skeptical
Posted By: bigkahuna Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 04:13 AM
Shaddup Mel :twobyfour: naughty
Posted By: bigkahuna Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 04:14 AM
foreigners get that idear??

What is that? A whole other language you just invented?
Posted By: bigkahuna Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 04:15 AM
idear

rotflmao
Posted By: SIHW Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 04:22 AM
Hey browneyes....I didn't realize you were so close...L.A. Sunshine girl and I get together every few months (just saw her last weekend as a matter of fact)....I am hoping she will be able to come up here in the near future if your up for it we could make a day trip to San Fran if you want some company.

LASG....Ben LOVED carneys...we are denfinatly coming back down....probally in june we are gonna go to disneyland....wanna come with....we ca just have a big party...you know me I'll be all pirated out...I have been wanting to see how pirate island turned out on the old tom sawyer island.
Posted By: lildoggie Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 04:24 AM
Aotearoa, land of the long white cloud

New Zealand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: bigkahuna Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 04:26 AM
Originally Posted by lildoggie

I thought you were a Jaffa Lil?
Posted By: erichh Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 04:28 AM
Originally Posted by erichh

My bad, mate!
Posted By: KiwiJ Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 04:29 AM
No I am the JAFA. lol, you know she isn't one.

Auckland born, Auckland bred and when I die I'll be Auckland dead.

Perhaps I should edify the foreigners (oops I mean Americans) on this thread. JAFA is used by the rest of the country to describe Aucklanders. It means Just Another F***ing Aucklander. Charming really. Shows what the rest of the country is like. uhuh

The "rest" of the country thinks we're a lot of money hungry, latte drinking snobs who drive SUVs to the store and back.
Posted By: bigkahuna Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 04:29 AM
no worries Erichh
Posted By: lildoggie Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 04:32 AM
Originally Posted by lildoggie

I thought you were a Jaffa Lil?

:twobyfour: BK, thats Jen!

I am a 'Naki-ite
Posted By: lildoggie Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 04:33 AM
Originally Posted by KiwiJ
No I am the JAFA. lol, you know she isn't one.

Auckland born, Auckland bred and when I die I'll be Auckland dead.

Perhaps I should edify the foreigners (oops I mean Americans) on this thread. JAFA is used by the rest of the country to describe Aucklanders. It means Just Another F***ing Aucklander. Charming really. Shows what the rest of the country is like. uhuh

The "rest" of the country thinks we're a lot of money hungry, latte drinking snobs who drive SUVs to the store and back.

You forgot predomanty of foreign descent and not able to drive well, if at all

rotflmao
Posted By: KiwiJ Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 04:38 AM
lol, Lil, know just what you're talking about. Bad Lil. uhuh
Posted By: lildoggie Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 04:40 AM
Originally Posted by KiwiJ
lol, Lil, know just what you're talking about. Bad Lil. uhuh

But I didnt actually say it. Good Lil hurray

Besides, you are latte drinking, ponsomby tractor driving freaks.
Present company excluded of course kiss
Posted By: KiwiJ Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 04:43 AM
Of course present company excluded! Mine's a flat white.
The United State of Canada smile
Posted By: Verve Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 05:46 AM
The State of Denial.

LOL :crosseyedcrazy: no seriously....I'm in the USA...midwest.

I'm originally a Volunteer though and want to go back there. I'm a Southern gal through and through smile
Posted By: johnstwin Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 05:55 AM
Washington A.C. (Above California) grin

Posted By: Zelmo Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 06:15 AM
Minnesota. Damn, for the size of our population, lots of cheating. What's with our gene pool?
We live on the 101 Freeway in Lost Angeles grin
Posted By: Chrysalis Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 06:25 AM
LA County, CA.
Posted By: Amazin Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 10:05 AM
Are there no God fearing SOUTHERN AMERICANS in this place or am I surrounded by yankees and foreigners?? cry

My first division officer was from Georgia. He said it was the ****edit**** of the world....

because of all that ****edit**** passing through on it's way to Florida!

I'm just repeating what I heard laugh
Posted By: JoJo422 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 10:16 AM
Virginia......
Posted By: nthefogg Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 10:52 AM
Better yet, Connecticut (well not really, but heck, it rhymed)

Fogg
Posted By: MicheleG Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 11:55 AM
Virginia
Rusty and Verve have ties to my home state. Sometimes I get the feeling that I'm the only Tennessean who has ever been here. sigh

I've met a number of MBers but the have had to drive to Birmingham or two states away to see them - unless they've gotten on a plane and flown here.
Raised in Tennessee, but got to Texas as soon as I could at the age of 16. hurray
Sot Weezyana

<----------I'm from
Posted By: Carp54 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 04:05 PM
Ellinoise. The land of Lincoon
Posted By: ark^^ Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 04:11 PM
I'm from the state that will win the superbowl...

and baby it's cold outside....

arkierothensberger
Posted By: at peace Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 05:14 PM
Doesn't get more Southern than Mississippi! cool

Posted By: Verve Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by cinderella
Rusty and Verve have ties to my home state. Sometimes I get the feeling that I'm the only Tennessean who has ever been here. sigh

I've met a number of MBers but the have had to drive to Birmingham or two states away to see them - unless they've gotten on a plane and flown here.

Cin - I'm ready to get back to my home state. I miss the mountains terribly! NO matter what, you can't take the south outta the girl! Give me some cornbread, pinto beans, and a long handled tea spoon with sun tea. smile With LOTS o' sugar.
Montana checking in......

Hopefully, not too many of you will have to grab a map to look that up. wink
Posted By: Jamesus Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 06:36 PM
Indiana..

And no.. despite the advertisements.. there isn't a whole lot more than corn in Indiana..

Posted By: Verve Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by Jamesus
Indiana..

And no.. despite the advertisements.. there isn't a whole lot more than corn in Indiana..

I;m on the KY/IN border and I agree completely.
Verve, come on home, girl. It would be nice to have some real Tennesseans here.....everyone else has moved here. The home folks need to come back.
Posted By: Verve Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 07:40 PM
Ike and I are talking about it. It just depends on the economy and if we can find jobs, etc, etc. His family is out west, but he has bonded with my family and they love him (well they didn't so much this summer) so it would be nice to have family around. Plus, we both love the mountains and camping out with no one around and we just can't do that anywhere around here. We used to go find a place in the mountains, clear it some, pitch a tent, make a fire, and chill out. It was so relaxing. You are in middle TN, aren't you? We are from the K-town area.
Finally! Some AMERICANS!! I was starting to think this place had been taken over by a FOREIGN DEVIL INVASION! crazy Thank goodness those demons are asleep during the day because they dont have the good sense to go to bed at a decent hour. They are sleeping away the day, as usual... :RollieEyes:
Verve, yes, middle TN. Believe it or not, I've never lived anywhere else.
Posted By: Verve Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 07:51 PM
TN is beautiful...I love it. Of course, when I was younger, it wasn't cool to be "country". LOL. Now I could care less because I love southern hospitality, southern food, and southern people.

I've lived in several places. I grew up some in Michigan and it's amazing the differences between the Northerners and the Southerners. Seriously.

LOL Mel! We Americans get to stick together...at least during the day!! smile
Posted By: miriam123 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 07:52 PM
TX. Born in Ohio, lived there and in Alabama, then moved to TX. Moved to MO for 3 years w/H who then took the opportunity to find OW. Moved back to TX (technically "on business travel" for tax reasons at the moment, but I'll be here for a while) in Nov.

So, a big "HI Y'ALL" to Melody Lane, Dancin' Machine, Brit's Brat...

- M
Let's hear it for DEEEEEEEETROIT! hurray (Well da burbs actually! lol)...

Originally from HOTLANTA though - and to paraphase something once said by Lewis Grizzard, "There are more Yankees in Atlanta now than when Sherman came through!" grin

(Shame on you Amazin fer whut u said 'bout Jawja! naughty)

Mrs. W
I live in Northern Virginia, suburbs of DC.

I have no native state, as my father was a military officer. I've lived in Virginia, North Carolina, Hawaii, Arizona, Washington state and California, as well as in Scandinavia.
Posted By: Verve Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
Let's hear it for DEEEEEEEETROIT! hurray (Well da burbs actually! lol)...

I lived in the 'burbs for awhile when I was growing up. FHills...it was a nice place. Of course,this was 20 years ago...LOL.
Posted By: Mark1952 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 08:26 PM
I'm from the state where we prosecute our governors...
Where we have the best government money can buy...
Where 5 year old children understand the term quid pro quo...
Where our new president learned politics from the best...

Where railways, highways, airways and waterways converge...
Where it gets as cold as Alaska in January and as hot as South Texas in August...

The land of road construction where the state bird is the construction crane, the state flower is the orange traffic cone, the state tree is the stoplight standard and the state mineral is asphalt...
And the state motto is:

Be prepared...

To stop.

ILLINOIS
Posted By: Eph525 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 08:52 PM
Upstate South Carolina for me, about midway between Hotlanta and Charlotte.
Posted By: at peace Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by Mark1952
The land of road construction where the state bird is the construction crane, the state flower is the orange traffic cone, the state tree is the stoplight standard and the state mineral is asphalt...

rotflmao rotflmao
Posted By: Mark1952 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/23/09 09:10 PM
Montana checking in
Movin' to Montana soon.
Gonna be dental floss tycoon.

grin
Sweet!!

My firm is working on 2 dental offices right now. What's the deal? Did everyone else out there run outta teeth?

I'm sure you can find a fishin' spot or two around here. wink
Kentuckiana

But I was born in the "other" Land of Lincoln...

Posted By: Mark1952 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/24/09 12:33 AM
In case you (or others) didn't know, that's an old Zappa song...

It's on the LP Overnight Sensation from 1973. Tina Turner and the Ikettes sang background vocals for the track.

I might be movin' to Montana soon
Just to raise me up a crop of
Dental Floss

Raisin' it up
Waxen it down
In a little white box
That I can sell uptown

By myself I wouldn't
Have no boss,
But I'd be raisin' my lonely
Dental Floss

Raisin' my lonely
Dental Floss

Well I just might grow me some bees
But I'd leave the sweet stuff
To somebody else . . . but then, on the other hand I would

Keep the wax
'N melt it down
Pluck some Floss
'N swish it aroun'

I'd have me a crop
An' it'd be on top (that's why I'm movin' to Montana)

Movin' to Montana soon
Gonna be a Dental Floss tycoon (yes I am)
Movin' to Montana soon
Gonna be a mennil-toss flykune

I'm pluckin' the ol'
Dennil Floss
That's growin' on the prairie
Pluckin' the floss!
I plucked all day an' all nite an' all
Afternoon . . .

I'm ridin' a small tiny hoss
(His name is MIGHTY LITTLE)
He's a good hoss
Even though
He's a bit dinky to strap a big saddle or
Blanket on anyway
He's a bit dinky to strap a big saddle or
Blanket on anyway
Any way

I'm pluckin' the ol'
Dennil Floss
Even if you think it is a little silly, folks
I don't care if you think it's silly, folks
I don't care if you think it's silly, folks

I'm gonna find me a horse
Just about this big,
An' ride him all along the border line

With a
Pair of heavy-duty
Zircon-encrusted tweezers in my hand
Every other wrangler would say
I was mighty grand

By myself I wouldn't
Have no boss,
But I'd be raisin' my lonely
Dental Floss

Raisin' my lonely
Dental Floss
Raisin' my lonely
Dental Floss

Well I might
Ride along the border
With my tweezers gleamin'
In the moon-lighty night

And then I'd
Get a cuppa cawfee
'N give my foot a push . . .
Just me 'n the pygmy pony
Over by the Dennil Floss Bush

'N then I might just
Jump back on
An' ride
Like a cowboy
Into the dawn to Montana

Movin' to Montana soon
(Yippy-Ty-O-Ty-Ay)
Movin' to Montana soon
(Yippy-Ty-O-Ty-Ay)
Movin' to Montana soon
(Yippy-Ty-O-Ty-Ay)
Movin' to Montana soon
(Yippy-Ty-O-Ty-Ay)
Movin' to Montana soon
(Yippy-Ty-O-Ty-Ay)
Movin' to Montana soon
(Yippy-Ty-O-Ty-Ay)
Movin' to Montana soon
(Yippy-Ty-O-Ty-Ay)
Movin' to Montana soon
(Yippy-Ty-O-Ty-Ay)
Movin' to Montana soon
(Yippy-Ty-O-Ty-Ay)
Movin' to Montana soon
(Yippy-Ty-O-Ty-Ay)
Movin' to Montana soon
(Yippy-Ty-O-Ty-Ay)
Movin' to Montana soon
(Yippy-Ty-O-Ty-Ay)

Article from Wikipedia

Posted By: Ggirl615 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/24/09 01:31 AM
Lived in the Hudson Valley NY for 10 years. Now live in Connecticut - don't miss NY taxes.
Posted By: Looking4 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/24/09 01:41 AM
In case you (or others) didn't know, that's an old Zappa song...
Not sure how I picture you, Mark (other than a very nice, insightful person) but I know I didn't think of you as a Zappa fan.
Posted By: Looking4 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/24/09 01:46 AM
Originally Posted by johnstwin
Washington A.C. (Above California) grin
Gotta represent with you, JT.
Posted By: drgnfly Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/24/09 02:06 AM
Upper Peninsula of Michigan - often confused with Canada - some US Maps have even forgotten to include us! uhuh
Lordy, lordy, another pasty eatin YOOPER! TEEF
Posted By: Verve Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/24/09 03:56 AM
Pasty? What in the world is a pasty? Isn't that something that burlesque dancers wear???

rotflmao
Posted By: lildoggie Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/24/09 04:01 AM
Originally Posted by verve
Pasty? What in the world is a pasty? Isn't that something that burlesque dancers wear??

isnt it a type of steak mince pie?

Really horrible tasting too
Posted By: Verve Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/24/09 04:04 AM
I've read about pasty's in my historical novels, but I've never seen or eaten one. Now pastRy is a different story. smile
Posted By: lildoggie Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/24/09 04:08 AM
ah, I see.

In NZ a pasty (pronouced Paste tee) is a circle of pastry, with stk mine in the middle, folded in half and baked. Not as nice as a pie, but I have never figured out why. Also seems dryer.
Posted By: KiwiJ Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/24/09 04:15 AM
"Another Yooper", lol, Mel beat me to it.

All Yoopers should read a book called "Voyageurs". It's a wonderful, fantastic novel (but based on historical fact) about Macinac Island and Canada's fight to be independent.
Posted By: Verve Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/24/09 04:19 AM
What is a yooper?
I'm in Florida.
Posted By: KiwiJ Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/24/09 04:28 AM
Someone from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. lol
Posted By: Mark1952 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/24/09 04:43 AM
Also another one of my favorite recording groups...

Da Yoopers

Some songs from Da Yoopers:

Rusty Chevrolet
Second Week Of Deer Camp
30 Point Buck
A Love Song Called Diarreah

Didn't expect that either, didjya, L4?

Ya, hey dere...

Mark
Posted By: Julie2U Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/24/09 02:35 PM
Lordy, lordy, another pasty eatin YOOPER! TEEF

Ugh. For shame. It's PASTIE! ("paaaa-steeee") Goes good with "Caaaa-fee"

Signed,

Julie

• Born & raised WI

• Own property in YooP

• Fond, fond memories...

Mark, I know all those songs! Awesome!!
"But we never shoot no deer..."!
whatevah!! stickout
I might be movin' to Montana soon
Just to raise me up a crop of
Dental Floss

Movin' to Montana soon
(Yippy-Ty-O-Ty-Ay)
Movin' to Montana soon
(Yippy-Ty-O-Ty-Ay)
Movin' to Montana soon
(Yippy-Ty-O-Ty-Ay)
Movin' to Montana soon
(Yippy-Ty-O-Ty-Ay)
Movin' to Montana soon
(Yippy-Ty-O-Ty-Ay)
Movin' to Montana soon
(Yippy-Ty-O-Ty-Ay)
Movin' to Montana soon
(Yippy-Ty-O-Ty-Ay)
Movin' to Montana soon
(Yippy-Ty-O-Ty-Ay)
Movin' to Montana soon
(Yippy-Ty-O-Ty-Ay)
Movin' to Montana soon
(Yippy-Ty-O-Ty-Ay)
Movin' to Montana soon
(Yippy-Ty-O-Ty-Ay)
Movin' to Montana soon
(Yippy-Ty-O-Ty-Ay)

WHY ON EARTH would you move to Montana?
Posted By: Looking4 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/24/09 04:00 PM
Also another one of my favorite recording groups...

Da Yoopers...

Didn't expect that either, didjya, L4?
Nope. Just shakin' my head with a grin on my face...
Posted By: drgnfly Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/24/09 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by JulieW

No, actually it is PASTY - the plural is PASTIES. Born and bread Yooper here and made many a pasty in my time.
Posted By: AJ_ Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/24/09 04:57 PM
AJ here,

Checking in with one foot in Northern Cal. and the other in Montana.

Cinders, Montana is a lot like Tenn. But right now it's like Antarctica.

My brother called us last night and said that our new house in MT has about 6-7 feet of snow all around the yard, which he's been trying to plow or get out of the way. He says it's been so cold, he hasn't been able to do anything.

I told him it's been so hot here, I had to put on my shorts. rotflmao

Cinders, my second-favorite place to move would be Dyersburg. You know where THAT is. grin
AJ, hmmmm, it's down the road a-ways. I could find it on a map. think
Originally Posted by drgnfly

No, actually it is PASTY - the plural is PASTIES. Born and bread Yooper here and made many a pasty in my time.

I LOVE pasties!
Posted By: Jean36 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/24/09 10:10 PM
I am also from Middle Tennessee, sounds like there are a few of us here.
Tennessee Sounds Good To Me! Is that still the motto?

Posted By: Julie2U Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/24/09 10:52 PM

D'OH! You're right...I'm sorry! I'd better get back to my roots. Do you think Da YooP will ever forgive? Eesh.

I've never seen it written pasty. I guess cuz you never just order ONE!?!? Hmm, back pedalin' here.

Funny, there's a car parked out front right now that has a bumper sticker: "Get back to da YooP ya der, eh?" It's never far, never far...
Originally Posted by Jean36
I am also from Middle Tennessee, sounds like there are a few of us here.

Is it something in the water?
http://www.marriagebuilders.com/ubb...t&Number=887855&nt=5&fpart=4

Mel, did you REALLY just find this thread from the year twofreakingthousand and bump it up?!?!?!

Holy cow!!! Talk about livin' in the past, girl!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Bellevue
Bellevue is. Connecticut to be exact.

Now a Californian.

Belle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where ya been? Come around and say hello!!!!!
Originally Posted by MarriedForever
http://www.marriagebuilders.com/ubb...t&Number=887855&nt=5&fpart=4

Mel, did you REALLY just find this thread from the year twofreakingthousand and bump it up?!?!?!

Holy cow!!! Talk about livin' in the past, girl!!!!!!

shaddup, MFer!! :twobyfour:

I LOVE pasties!

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm tellin' your DH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mel is gettin' nas-tay! Did y'all here this?!?!?!?!!?
shaddup, MFer!!

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Teeheeheehee....she just called me an "MF'er". Could I HAVE a better name?????

Me thinks not. wink
grin
Posted By: chrisner Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/25/09 02:48 AM
Born in South Minneapolis, Minnesota. My family moved to Colorado in 1966 and have been here ever since. I like it here.
Posted By: MyBad Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/26/09 02:46 PM
Maine - "The way life should be" -
Zappa, Mark? Seriously?

grin

Yup, AJ, it's freezing cold here again. With the windchill it's supposed to be 27 below later today.

((shiver))

Spring can't come soon enough this year. I can't remember the last winter that has been as cold as this.

I don't know where the heck Al Gore gets his info......

And for the record we have pasties (PAST eez) up here. They are kind of like dumplings but with "stuff" in the middle. puke

"Beef, it's what's for dinner"

Posted By: Mark1952 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/26/09 05:19 PM
Zappa, Mark? Seriously?
It's funny what I can remember when I least expect it...
I sit on some stuff for years just waiting for it to be in context so I can say it.

I don't know where the heck Al Gore gets his info...
He looks it up on the Internet, of course. Why do you think he invented it?

I rest my case.

Mark
rotflmao
Posted By: francese Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/26/09 05:30 PM
Michigan
I'm from Wisconsin, we have all 4 seasons, some longer than others.

Daniel
Posted By: JoJo422 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/26/09 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by ark^^
I'm from the state that will win the superbowl...

and baby it's cold outside....

arkierothensberger

GO STEELERS hurray
Posted By: Gineva Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/26/09 08:16 PM
The State of confusion. (acutally New YOrk)/
Checkin in from Louisiana! Home of HOT food, good ppl, and planty of gator's with no toothbrushes! You know that's why they are mean! rotflmao
Posted By: Pariah Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/26/09 08:27 PM
The sunny state of Georgia! laugh

I loves me some Shrimp Poboys, Strivin4!
Posted By: booka Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/26/09 08:28 PM
The State of Misery (Missouri).
Your neighbor in Kansas.
Southern folk! hurray
Edit: Never mind ML you were not talking to me (slaps head) D'Oh!
Originally Posted by sadsosad
Edit: Never mind ML you were not talking to me (slaps head) D'Oh!

shhhhhh, yes I were! TEEF KANSAS is south!
shhhhhh, yes I were! TEEF KANSAS is south!

Pssst Toto...Kansas ain't DIXIE!!! sigh

Mrs. W
shaddup, MrsW! cry
shaddup, MrsW! cry

Or else you'll drop a house on me? rotflmao

Mrs. W stickout
Posted By: Mark1952 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/26/09 10:09 PM
Or else you'll drop a house on me?

No, that would be the Wicked Witch of the WEST...

And we KNOW who that would be...

stickout
Nope nope nope! I am a MIDWESTERNER! Smack dab in the middle of the country. Prairie land, tall grass and short grass. Just slightly East of the dust bowl.

Southerner **shaking head sadly**

Tornado Alley baby! Yee Haw we have us some fun here.
Or else you'll drop a house on me?

No, that would be the Wicked Witch of the WEST...

And we KNOW who that would be...

stickout

Name names Mark...I dare ya! grin

What do you think the Wicked Witch of the SOUTHWEST would drop on me? I'm thinkin' a giant can of aquanet...laugh

Mrs. W
EGADS!

I would rather have a house dropped on me than a giant can of Aquanet, that stuff is brutal!
Sunny So Cal (LA to be exact!)
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
What do you think the Wicked Witch of the SOUTHWEST would drop on me? I'm thinkin' a giant can of aquanet...laugh

Mrs. W

I am thinking dat witch is a WIMP who doesn't hold a candle to the Texas Tornado! grin

Click to see~~~> grin The United States of Mel grin

Mrs. W
nice map! laugh
Posted By: Mark1952 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/27/09 12:59 AM
Mel,

I thought you said Texas was bigger than that... :MrEEk:
Mel,

I thought you said Texas was bigger than that... :MrEEk:

I was bein humble. smile
Posted By: Mark1952 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/27/09 01:46 AM
I was bein humble
First time for everything, I guess.

wink
I think not! I am the humility QUEEN of Texas! laugh
Posted By: Mark1952 Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/27/09 02:07 AM
My mistake. I must have you confused with another Texan. grin
Posted By: bigkahuna Re: Roll Call: What state are people from? - 01/27/09 02:11 AM

Now there's a first; something you don't see every day - Humility and Texas used in the same sentence!!

Now there's a first; something you don't see every day - Humility and Texas used in the same sentence!!

smile these other Texans just have no humility atall! I feel so alone! shocked
anyone near ann arbor, mi?
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums